1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quitting Social Media and Starting Meditation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by MixerAwersome, May 14, 2020.

1. unimportant

unimportant Fapstronaut

Getting some Terry Davis vibes ElDesperado.

2. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

Not sure what do you mean...

3. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

I am facing failure, sickness... demotivation....
    I don t want to give up...die standing

4. MixerAwersome

MixerAwersome Fapstronaut

pancabalani likes this.
  5. MixerAwersome

I have cut off all the social media in my life( I do have WhatsApp for work purpose )
    And I have downloaded a digital detox app for my mobile for blocking whole mobile ( by this I can't do anything on my mobile except receiving calls) .

I was addicted to YouTube after I cut off my social media so much that I used to watch prank videos or funny videos all day , but now I'm in full control ( but not because of my innerself because of blocker on my phone )
    but either way It is a good idea and its working great.

I just don't want to go back to the same phase again. I want to continue striving for betterment of myself and I will not get addicted to anything from now on.

Pray for me if anyone is reading this.

6. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

I quit all social media for over an year from 2019-20, and my life seemed to improved but I got addicted to it again at the end of 2020. The feeling wasn't good, to get back to something I despised so much, but I was able to abstain from it as I have done it previously. I am glad I was able to quit it again.
    I can feel my life and mindset deteriorating whenever I am more active on social networking sites like instagram.

Kurushimi and MixerAwersome like this.
  7. MixerAwersome

I had slight urges to watch youtube videos today but I tackled it easily,
    Today was good with resect to my personal hardmode.
    I want this to be my lifestyle and I want to invest more of my time outside mobile phone and laptop,
    as I work on laptop I cant minimize that.
    Overall today was great.
    I'll start meditation from tomorrow , as I have realized my concentration in doing some task in hand is very low.
    I need to gear up.
    fresh start from tomorrow.
    Keep the spirit alive. :emoji_fire:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  8. I am always available to help out on this site.

9. MixerAwersome

Do you think nofap also act as social media site and can be addictive cause recently ImI using this site way too much..

10. Better to be on here too much and putting together a streak,
    than to try to put together a streak
    with idle hands...

11. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

It depends on what you are using the site for. If you are using it thoughtlessly and mindlessly scrolling through forums, or looking for likes and status updates, then its not what you are here for, right? But I am not saying that it is bad to use it in this way, it depends from person to person. And as the person above me said better here than somewhere else.

12. Yes I agree. If you are here to support others and get support yourself, that is good.

So how do you do it? Research about addiction, dopamine, rebooting and other topics.

Journal everyday and connect with people who are trying to do it (here on this site).

You are probably on that already, so just keep going!

MixerAwersome likes this.
  13. MixerAwersome

yes. I should see the benefits instead of judging the system.

I have a journal and it is helping me in keeping track of my daily goals, and while I'am on this site I constantly check my time to I don't overuse this site which means I have started to pay and give attention to time.

Kurushimi likes this.
  14. I don't know how old you are, I'm 46, but what you already know

or are soon learning is that time is scarce.

That said, remember that time spent in nofap recovery is a wise and valuable use of time.

Which you already know, so good deal-io!

Kurushimi and MixerAwersome like this.
  15. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

Thanks for the idea ...a daily journal

16. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

Fight fight ...to the death...and never give up no matter what...that is the choice we made

17. Finally someone with some real guts around here... I like it!

Kurushimi likes this.