1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships scare me.. How do I overcome fear?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by trynaquitpmoforgood, Jan 18, 2021.

1. trynaquitpmoforgood

trynaquitpmoforgood Fapstronaut

I'm not new to PMO, and I've been trying to recover for the past 6 to 8 months or so. Maybe up to a year, but one of the goals I set for myself was to find a partner. However, I didn't realize how much anxiety this would give me. It's always been a goal of mine to be with someone, but through constant rejections in the past; relationships scare me. Talking to girls is okay for me. If I have a topic that I can stick with I'm fine, but the approach is what scares me the most. Can I overcome this fear with more exposer?

2. Yuh skrt

Yuh skrt Fapstronaut

This is a good question, I had gone through a very similar phase. I could talk to girls just fine but trying to talk first scared me. What I did to get with my girlfriend was talk about the Renaissance artwork she had been posting. I never went into it with the mind of trying to get her off the bat more so give my thoughts on it, we had started to talk more as friends and it just happened over the course of the month even though I liked her a few days in. Its best to be yourself and see where it goes even if you do like her. We had talked for a few weeks before going on a first date, and we have since gone on way more. You can absolutely overcome this fear, sometimes just going with the mindset of being friendly and seeing where it goes is the best. Best of luck bro I know you can do it!

3. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Everything that we do for the first time that can go wrong is scary. But guess what? after you get rejected 10..20..100 times you get used to it and it doesn't scare anymore. The only way to conquer your fears is to face them over and over again until the fears goes away.