1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 4,

Ran a quick 5 miles this morning and more construction work. Looking to take 2 days off of running but having trouble with just taking a rest day (both a good thing and a bad thing in my opinion). It is a healthy habit, however, I feel as tho there is a part of me becoming dependent on it. I ordered a new piano book and a learn how to draw book in order to diversify how I spend my energy (school also started back up so there is that hahaha). Keeping my head on straight and moving forward.

Onward Fellowship!

2. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

3. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Okay friends
    Day 19 for me here.

Let me describe my emotional state : I resent the time wasted not studying and whatever I have been through coz of a guy who was not worth it at all
    But that is the only thing that's bothering me emotionally..
    Rest i m fine...

Wanna start off my productivity timeline
    And my resolution for this year is to b as productive as possible

4. Day 3 complete.

Since I joined NoFap in October, my best streak has been 24 days. Obviously, there have been plenty of resets along the way, and I have never gotten far enough to experience the so-called "NoFap superpowers." Nevertheless, this journey has made me feel like the opposite of a failure. In high school I would use PMO every day, sometimes twice a day. Even in college, when I began making an effort to break the habits, I would use PMO 3 or 4 times a week. Being clean for 72 hours now, and knowing I can show the grit and the presence of mind to reject those unhealthy actions for days on end...well, it's just awesome.

Keep up the fight, brothers and sisters. No matter how slow and ineffectual our progress may seem, no matter how long we struggle...what we are doing matters.

St. Sisoes the Great, pray for us!

5. Verissimus

Verissimus Fapstronaut

6. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

Day 227.

I just felt an urge to PM.

Posting here to remind myself of how far I’ve come and stay committed to PM free.

HOW- (my way of being)
    100% Committed to PM free

WHY- (my purpose for being PM free)
    I am PM free so that I can unlock my full potential and be the Man I’ve always wanted to be.

WHAT- (powerful reasons - I must stay PM free as the foundation of achieving these goals)

1. I have achieved optimal health.
    2. I feel free and at ease being my authentic self around people.
    3. My wife and I are authentically connected and have great communication.
    4. I am a fully present and engaged father.
    5. I have a successful career.
    6. I am financially free.
    7. I am emotionally balanced and mentally clear.
    8. I am a confident and capable leader.
    9. I have a positive self-image.
    10. I am proud of myself.
    11. I love myself.

I am feeling powerful and recommitted after writing this!

I am grateful for this community and everyone here!

Thank you!

Wishing you all a great day!!

7. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 4. I dreamed with PMO last night, it was a bad dream I was feeling so bad for doing it and a I woke up relief for just being a bad dream but that means I need to put all my attention on prevent any trigger because my inconscient its giving me a warning signal .

God bless you all brothers and sisters. stay strong.

Saint Cecilia pray for us

8. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

If you substitute your runs with long walks from time to time it will add some variety and improve your running results.

9. bmcmanansmith

bmcmanansmith Fapstronaut

Day 8 complete. Today was a long, hard slog for me. Lots of urges but no PMO so we move onwards and upwards.

10. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

11. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

42 days. Caught myself fantasizing in be this morning. This is the first time I have had this problem in a few weeks. I am going to need to make sure I stay diligent to push past my previous record of 45 days PMO and make it through the 90-day reset.

12. americanbison

americanbison Fapstronaut

You are absolutely worth being happy and free. You knew it before, you know it now deep down inside you. It's ok to feel bad sometimes. It means you are growing. It will pass.

13. americanbison

americanbison Fapstronaut

Inspiring! Thank you.

14. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

brother!!!

[​IMG]

15. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Checking in.

St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us.

16. RiseToGreatness

that´s flatline brother. you´re just feeling down and that´s pretty normal while the brain is rewiring. nofap only works in one dimension: cut the pmo poison out of your life. the other dimensions you got to work them yourself.

good habits: sleep? food? physical exercise? family connections? relaxation periods? working on goals and dreams? stay accountable with the Fellowship?

mindset: do you feel happy to be free of pmo, or do you feel doubtful? do you feel solid about your decision to quit, or do you feel deprived of pmo, that you´re missing out on life?

if these 2 axis (good habits and mindset) are in place, then a bad day is what it is: a bad day. however if despair enters for a long period, then something is happening that you´re not taking care of, and probably is related to 1 or even 2 of those axis.

17. RiseToGreatness

60 my brother ;)