1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. ssmike100

ssmike100 Fapstronaut

6 days and back to zero. Dumb very dumb

2. Pirate3819

Pirate3819 Fapstronaut

Reset but looking forward.

JJ_Kino and GottaBFree like this.
  3. andyYeahman

andyYeahman Fapstronaut

JJ_Kino likes this.
  4. bama_lost

bama_lost Fapstronaut

Just few hours away from crossing the 30-day benchmark. And since I've got to head into work, there shouldn't be an issue. Glad to have been here amongst this group. And, everyone, keep up the good fight.

tonyk1982, artifact, NICEDUDE and 7 others like this.
  5. raf-is-good

raf-is-good Fapstronaut

1. Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'
    --Mary Anne Radmacher

2. Fall seven times and stand up eight.
    --Japanese Proverb

3. It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
    --Albert Einstein

4. Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    --Thomas Edison

5. Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
    --Henry Ford

6. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Early Wednesday morning Check in.

I posted this video on here a while back, I wanted to post it again in hope it will motivate us moving forward.

Cheers all.

7. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

I remember last April 4 (2020) and how disgusted with myself i was.

That relapse was what got me to make an honest effort at NoFap after quitting and diving into the PMO rabbit hole head first.

There was intensive motivation to begin again.

My life is so much better without PMO. There is nothing PMO can do for me that is positive. All PMO can do is make me feel bad and reset my daycount. Or drive me to fully and totally relapse with no desire to return to abstinence. The latter is likely.

As temptation approaches, as it always does, i will remind myself that it is but a stepping stone toward reset, which is a stepping stone toward relapse.

In truth, O is so unsatisfying, that i immediately want more than it has to offer, and this is during the actual O itself. I tell myself i could have had an even better one. Sick.

The anticipation of O is the driver toward reset. It's never as i good as i imagine it will be but i believe it will be even better than i can imagine, even though i know it will be unsatisfactory at best.

That is the truth. Anticipation is a lie, the end result is never worth the hype.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  8. I might have to steal these. :D

raf-is-good, GottaBFree and JJ_Kino like this.
  9. Congrats! That is a great accomplishment.

JJ_Kino likes this.
  10. I agree. Caffeine always made the urges worse for me. When I make coffee, it's half caffeinated and half decaf. A couple of years ago I tried no caffeine for about a year, and it was a pleasant experience but I felt less motivated and energetic. As with many other things, I think moderation is the key. There are so many drinks and foods and substances that can be abused and taken to unhealthy extremes.

11. @sjindjin - Nice job on reaching 30 days yesterday. Thanks for being part of the group.

GottaBFree, JJ_Kino and NICEDUDE like this.
  12. @Enless Hope - You have been added to the waiting list. Watch your alerts. It may be several weeks before we have an opening for you.

@andyYeahman - You have been added to the waiting list, but (as stated in the rules) you will need to activate your counter before you can join the group.

GottaBFree and JJ_Kino like this.
  13. Just checking in! I'm doing much better recently and having hardly any urges...I'm finding that keeping my hand away from my dick is so important as before I was edging almost every day and that would eventually lead back to PMO. I'm trying to challenge what it is that leads me to edge

14. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Low level urges, has to be stress-relief trigger. Not severe enough for me to actually want to give in. But i still recognize the urge as present.

artifact, raf-is-good and JJ_Kino like this.
  15. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

I think it's super important to recognize and sit with the low level urges. If I ignore them or brush them off they have a way of turning into high level urges. Nice work!

16. andyYeahman

andyYeahman Fapstronaut

sorry how do i activate my counter please?

JJ_Kino and Jerky like this.
  17. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

On the black menu bar you'll see "Update My Counter". Click that and follow instructions : )

artifact, Jerky and JJ_Kino like this.
  18. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Checking in...with the new day comes new strength and new thoughts!!

artifact, raf-is-good, Jerky and 3 others like this.
  19. sjindjin

sjindjin Fapstronaut

Thank you Artifact! Appreciate being part of the group, tremendously helpful. It's a cool milestone for me.

20. sjindjin

sjindjin Fapstronaut

Checking in here, so far it's been going well, better than I thought it would. Still, seems that in the weekend I tend to experience some craving, which now and then leads me to search for stimulating content. Luckily my rules appear to work well and I don't break them (no google images etc). But something to remain mindful of. So far so good, seems realistic to try to go for a lot longer.