1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One hour is such a long time, but we do not use it

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 17, 2021.

1. I remember when I was a child that one hour was sooooo long

But still we are not able to use the amount of time we have during the course of a day

Everyday we have 16 hours "awake time". 16! That's incredible

But we still choose to do nothing. We could do so much within one hour if we knew how we could use time effectively (studying, getting things done,..) but we don't do it

So how can we do it?

I don't talk about productivity, I'm talking about "How can we squeeze out the most of one hour to enjoy and use life as much as we can"?

En?gma and ....... like this.
  2. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

More about 8, 8 for work, and take out 2 for eating/shower/cooking whatever.... and another 1 for commuting, yeah... I have 5h a day, 6 if I sleep 7h instead of 8

3. Follow Pythagoras and sleep less than 4 hours a day.

4. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Tried it, ended up with a crippling caffeine addiction, thanks but no thanks.

5. I'll be honestly but when i sleep 4-5 hours i feel more energic during the day, i think i can't do it everyday, but it really work, i think correctly should be 5 1/2 or 6 hours max. With 7 or 8 hours of sleep my brain activate at 4pm (Despite i wake up at 6/7/8 am and there is o caffeine or black tea that work). I can do it only when is week end

6. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I can relate to that, when out of caffeine, before becoming a caffeine junkie, if healthy and not accumulated sleep deprivation, 5 1/2-6h is enough, like 7-8 whenever big mental effort involved.

After getting into caffeine 7-8h, 9-10 even.

Any thoughts on polyphasic sleep? I survived like 2 months doing it, truly impressive thing, but other bodily functions get all over the place, circadian rythm is a thing afterall.

En?gma likes this.
  7. I read that if you do some breath exercices when you wake up and stretching is good for the body, then a shower. Shower help me to wake up (to remember i am awake).
    Caffeine never worked for me, so i take only 1 for day just because i like it. I am not able to sleep during the day i go in half sleep and the i got a scary feel like i am suffocating. So i meditate instead of sleep, just relax.

8. Navier

Navier Fapstronaut

You may want to read "Why we sleep" by Matthew Walker, which explains how and why anything less than 7 hours a night makes you miserable very fast