1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wim Hof Method trial

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by WHMvsPMO, Jan 30, 2021.

1. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

Hi, not new to Nofap, have had a few accounts over the years. The reason for this one is very straight forward - to test this method against PMO. Let me start with a quote to establish the relevance:

"One time I was doing yoga naked in the courtyard, and one of the women there thought it would be funny to put her feet near my genitals. But there was no arousal, no nothing. I was deeply into the yoga and had real control over myself. People were astonished, saying, "Hey, nothing's happening. What's the matter with you?" But nothing was the matter with me at all. I love women, and I've got six children to prove it. But I don't get aroused if I'm not into it, that's it. I have power over my own sexuality. I gained that power through exposure to the cold. The cold activates the adrenal axis in the brain stem, and the brain stem commands not only our fight-or-flight response, but our innate urge both to secure food and to procreate."-Wim Hof

For those who don't know, he holds about 26 world records. You can just do a search.

I'm not going to binge on the forum this time, try to accumulate attention or engage in fairly superficial social support. I think that's what happens with recovery of various groups a lot of times, and easy to do online.

The simple program for me as it is right now is 2 rounds of the breakthwork in bed (to create that association so I will be trained to do it with morning urge etc) of 30-40 breaths 3-4 times. I've been working up the time of cold showers and will hit 2 minutes tomorrow.

There are other non-WHM things like some basic exercising which should be standard but I won't take up more of your attention, everything will be visible in a counter of no PMO streak and WHM streak, occasionally I will post some journal entries but will not get into too much story telling.

Edit: I don't work for Wim Hof and am not a trainer in the method or anything.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    Foxhole, Oliver Gunter and SREENII like this.
  2. SREENII

SREENII Fapstronaut

i started taking shower at night half an hour before the sleep everyday..i want to know more about cold showers and wim hoff breath and i want to transform myself..if you have any pdf books or guide regarding this topic, please do share.

3. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

I do the shower in the morning but sometimes do hot/cold contrast at night. Apparently it can help REM sleep. The video I watched by a ND says 5-10 cycles so I do 5 cycles of 30 seconds each.