1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Didn't you know you can want what to want?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Feb 1, 2021.

1. I mean, all my friends and me are now at this stage of "finding ourselves" and figure out what we want to do in life, which is hard, I'm not denying, but I realized that its pointless to just let time pass till some inner voice will tell me who I really am, I can just choose what I want to want in life and thats it. Of course there are things I don't think I'll ever want to do but there are many things that I never tried and maybe I'll enjoy them.

When we try to "find ourselves" we often reminisce experiences from the past, which are gone and irrelevant because that teacher or that friend who shaped your view is not the same person anymore and the times are different.

Another thing is the search for happiness everyone going through. Just stop it. Life isn't a beer commercial. Find meaning instead. You would feel more content and motivated through hard times. As Peterson said: "if happiness is the purpose of life, what happens when you're unhappy?"

Tell me you're thoughts on this

FezMan76 likes this.
  2. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

So aspiration vs inspiration.

3. Can you elaborate?

4. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

Well aspiration means you look toward attaining something right, whereas inspiration motivates in the first place. So it's kind of like two parts of a larger process for that matter, and it seems you may be inspired first then aspire to attain something.

Baowistop likes this.