1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ask me anything about the ways to increase Testosterone

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by AlphaWolf1408, Feb 1, 2021.

1. AlphaWolf1408

AlphaWolf1408 Fapstronaut

Like the title suggest:

If you are looking to increase your Test and lower your Estrogen, look no further.

I'll try my best to give you a thorough answer.

Garek and JLD like this.
  2. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

If I tie a weight to my balls will they get bigger?

Lol jk I'm good in the T department, but I'm curious what you do to pump those rookie numbers?

3. Livechanges

Livechanges Fapstronaut

I try hard to increase my T-level and have stop M and PMO, quick smoking, exercise lifting and interval run, yoga, eat really healthy, sleep good, and eat fresh avocado, Gingershot, Pomegranate and today i will try to buy pumpkin seed..

My normal food includes variation eggs, chicken, salmon, Vegetables and brown rice, potatoes and so..

I don’t drink sugar only water..

What more can I do to increase my test level??

Garek likes this.
  4. AlphaWolf1408

Do you take any supplements in addition to your current diet ?

What is your lifting routine like ? Current body-fat level ?

5. Livechanges

Livechanges Fapstronaut

I take some supplements in the morning: D-vitamin, calcium and magnesium and would consider some zinc or try to increase my food with zinc..

I don’t know was my body level is. But quite skinny/shredded with sixpack..

So I’m sure with hard work my body will be fine and attractive.. but from a lot PMO I want to increase my t-level for masculine, sex desire for real sex and the treatment for ED & PE..

Are there any things I can improve to heal faster and get my body into 100% balance..??

JuniorH96 likes this.
  6. AlphaWolf1408

Zinc can certainly help if you are deficient. You will need to test your vitamins and minerals status for deficiencies.

In my experience, men tend to be deficient and taking a supplement can only help to put your T levels where they should be.

It could also be that your muscle mass is too low in proportion to your body-fat. Increasing muscle will increase Testosterone.

You will need to also look at your current diet and your Macros. How much fat are you getting in ? How much protein and carbs ?

You might eat "healthy" but maybe you might not be giving what your body truly needs to grow and sustain yourself hormonally and metabolically.

7. luke775

luke775 Fapstronaut

Thanks for taking the time to do this, very helpful. I'm a 19-year-old and I'm not sure of my T levels but I would definitely like to increase them, I don't imagine they're too high. I'll try to give you as much info as I can about myself. I weigh 73kg (approx. 160 lbs) and follow a fairly consistent gym routine (I go 4-5 times a week and try to lift heavy, sometimes add in a little cardio). I track my macros and aim to eat in a caloric surplus (Roughly 3000 a day) in order to gain weight. I eat 50% carbs (374g), 20% protein (150g) and 30% fat (100g). Although I'm not sure if this is what I should be doing as I just got the information off Youtube. My bodyfat is quite high I believe but I'm not sure of the %, I'd guess between 15-20%. I also eat a "healthy" diet basically just balanced, meats, bread, fruits, but quite often eat a lot of sugary foods at night time.

I also don't get much sunlight or supplement any vitamins. I have some protein powder and creatine but that's it. I think my biggest downfall may be my bodyfat % and not getting enough sunlight. I sit inside on my computer for quite a long time and don't socialize too much. Would this affect my T? Also I've heard that 7 days nofap will raise your T levels but after that they go down, is this true do you know? Or just a myth?

Sorry for the long post but I really need the help, I appreciate it alot. Thanks!

8. AlphaWolf1408

Hello Luke ! Thanks for getting in touch :)

If your body fat is too high at 160 Lbs of bodyweight, it can certainly result in less than optimal T.

I would definitely take 5,000 Units of D3 everyday (I recommend it to every client). Everyone that stays and works inside is deficient in Vitamin D.

With regards to your Macros, what I put you on if you were my client is:

- 240 grams of protein
    - 80 grams of fats
    - 200 grams of carbs (I would monitor progress with this quantity and change it if necessary)

Bear in mind that this would be what I'd do to cut body-fat while retaining (maybe even gaining) muscle mass. I would focus on cutting body-fat first before trying to gain bodyweight. With your current body-fat, your hormones are primed for more fat gain than muscle gain. Once you are leaner you will be able to gain more muscle and less fat, especially when pushing the calories.

Also, how much fruit are you eating ? Fructose from fruit can make you gain body-fat, when eaten at an excess. I would try dropping some of the sugar from fruit and eating more vegetables which have more glucose instead of fructose. You would also need to drop the sugar at night since sugar (especially from processed food) is the worst for T-levels.

With regards to the NoFap study, I wouldn't know. I try not to look at those studies because people get easily convinced by them.

My own personal belief about NoFap is that PMO is a symptom from something else: Mainly Low-Testosterone.

KingWhalers, Garek and luke775 like this.
  9. luke775

luke775 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the detailed reply! I'll definitely have a look into the D3 and trying to cut some body-fat. I need to cut some bodyfat anyway to get the physique I'd like so it's a win-win I guess. I eat around 1-2 pieces of fruit per day but sometimes will eat 4 as I sometimes have a smoothie in the morning which contains a lot of fruit.

I should probably stop looking at them studies, Who knows what's true nowadays. Since stopping PMO, I definitely feel better and show a lot more symptoms of increased T. But this could be something else at play. Thanks again for your help!

10. AlphaWolf1408

You're welcome ! ;)

11. JuniorH96

JuniorH96 New Fapstronaut

Beaucoup de repos, moins de soucis et une alimentation équilibrée.

Sans oublier de faire quelques exercices physiques moins intenses.

12. AlphaWolf1408

Ce sont de bons conseils généraux, mais ça n'aidera pas une personne qui a un niveau de Testostérone trop bas.

Avoir un niveau de graisse corporelle trop élevée baisse la Testostérone chez les hommes. Donc, la solution serait plutôt de baisser le pourcentage de graisse corporelle. Tes conseils sont, néanmoins, solides.

13. warrior2k20

warrior2k20 Fapstronaut

I've been in a tough spot financially because we're moving and I had to quit my job and come home and haven't really been taking care of my nutrition all that well. I hit my macros everyday, but at the cost of downing a few protein bars or via relying really heavily on Chipotle.
    Other than that I get 6.5-9 hours of sleep depending on the day, eat mostly chipotle, canned chicken, canned mackerel and sardines, apples, bananas, spinach, peas, and carrots. What can I do?

I lift 3-4 days a week and run 2 days a week. Planning on uping that next week but life really be hitting like a truck right now.

14. AlphaWolf1408

It is tough to give you advice without knowing your current situation and fitness goals...

What are you trying to achieve exactly ?

What is your bodyweight and what Macros are you using for said bodyweight ?

This is too much canned and processed food in my opinion. It also depends a lot on what is on the ingredients list...

I don't see any carbs except the sugar from fruits and veggies. Is this all you are eating throughout the day ?

15. warrior2k20

warrior2k20 Fapstronaut

Situation, 19 years old and helping my dad move and take care over paperwork after the death, also going to school so sedentary most of the day.
    Goal right now is to cut down, at the end of a bulk after about 16 weeks.
    Bodyweight is 150 lbs, eating roughly 2000 calories with 150-170g of protein, about 220-240g of carbs, and 50-60g of fat daily.
    Been eating canned foods because neither of us have an income right now, but I was moreso asking for the future, after I can go back to work. Chipotle is rice and beans which are my major sources of carbohydrates, and I get peppers and guacamole sometimes with it, but rarely guac. I also eat a lot of tomatoes through chipotle's pico de gallo.

Goals are to maintain muscle gained through lifting, increase speed and endurance through run workouts next week, and cut slightly, maybe 200-500 calories a day. Any advice?

16. AlphaWolf1408

Gotcha.

For a cut, I would personally put your fats at 75 grams. Protein could be higher. I use 1,5 grams per Lbs. For you it would be 225 grams.

Carbs are an experimentation, meaning you start off with a specific quantity and lower or increase it depending on body composition changes.

200 grams of carbs sounds like a good start that I put clients on.

My advice when cutting:

Do not weigh yourself but take weekly pictures from the front, side and back to assess body composition changes.

17. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Fapstronaut

I think my question is more in line with how to get my body to start using testosterone more effectively. It seems to directly target my voice (imagine Swagger Souls but with second puberty), hair (17 and does better than most adults, currently shaving though), jawline (improving even now, just a bit of fat in the way from lack of activity), and that's about it.

I am 6'1 but only 148 pounds. I was 150-151 pounds for a solid year and a half, but I am losing weight now. That is concerning, as I am already pretty underweight despite my seemingly high t-levels. Never hungry till 12:00 AM-1:00 PM and only have access to processed garbage (won't be able to change that for about a year). Shouldn't high t levels translate to muscle growth of some sort?

I see no reason to work out unless I have methods to target everything equally (pull up bar needed) and diet properly, so I just started a system of a small daily run every day (actually began that yesterday). I hear only doing arm and not back exercises make hunch posture worse.

My fat percentage seems high, too, for my weight. It all collects in the ab area due to my food options and tendency to eat a lot or almost nothing, no in-between with how my body works.

Overall I am very awkward in how skinny I am compared to my height. I look like slenderman's younger cousin sometimes.

18. AlphaWolf1408

How do you know you are High-T ? Male secondary characteristics are mainly due to DHT and not T.

Muscle is correlated to T levels, yes... But you will need to adjust other variables to see what works and what doesn't.

If you have High-T and eat like shit then you will still look like shit and your T levels might be even higher you ate better.

The Testosterone (if it is optimal) is what will drive your body to build muscle.

It will partition nutrients better: meaning protein will get used towards muscle growth, carbs will be stored as glycogen instead of body-fat, etc.

My advice: Try to get your diet in check if you can and then track your progress once you got it under control.

In order of importance:

- Diet

- Strenght Training

- Cardio if needed

Let me know if you got any more things to ask :)

19. I've experienced PIED since I was 19 (to an extent). I'm 32 and at 30, my level was 474 ng/dl, free percentage- 2% and free value 95 pg/ml

20. AlphaWolf1408

That seems kinda low. What's your lifestyle like ? Diet and training ?