1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Great 365 Mile+ Peaceful Warrior Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Cartographer, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Created by @Slider8 and @Cartographer

In this challenge we work on establishing the healthy habit of running as a means of improving our health, willpower, discipline and ability to finish what we started. Our idea is - "Reach your long term goals through daily efforts." Including but not limited the victory over your lower nature.
    [​IMG]
    There are 7 levels in the challenge and for completing the level you advance in the ranks and receive a new belt to confirm your new status and acknowledge the hard work you have done. If you are already an advanced runner your passing time through Level 1 will be much shorter then for a beginning runner.
    Our slogan - "You feel urge, put you running shoes on and hit the road! It's meditation on the run time! Run until the urge is defeated and your mind is at peace!"
    We encourage everyone to share you little victories as well as difficulties on your way to receive advice and encouragement from our running brotherhood.​

Level 1 (White Belt)
    365 Miles in a year (30 miles a month). At this level you average 1 mile a day.

Level 2 (Red Belt)
    730 Miles in a year (60 miles a month). At this level you average 2 miles a day.

Level 3 (Orange Belt)
    1,095 Miles in a year (91 miles a month). At this level you average 3 miles a day.

Level 4 (Yellow Belt)
    1,460 Miles in a year (120 miles a month). At this level you average 4 miles a day.

Level 5 (Green Belt)
    1,643 Miles in a year (137 miles a month). At this level you average 4.5 miles a day.

Level 6 (Blue Belt)
    1,825 Miles in a year (152 miles a month). At this level you average 5 miles a day.

Level 7 (Purple Belt)
    2,000 Miles in a year (167 miles a month). At this level you average 5.5 miles a day.

For every 30 miles ran you will earn a stripe which will serve as a means to monitor progress towards the next belt level! For example, Red Belt with two stripes Red Belt II would represent 425 miles completed and Orange Belt IX would represent 1,000 miles completed. Be sure to post your belt level in your signature!

Check in on the days you run with you mileage counts and drop by anytime for a nice dose of motivation! We are here to help each other meet their goals! Welcome to the pack brothers and sisters!

2. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

5 miles,

Earlier this year I set the intention of running 1,000 miles by the end of the year and have been on pace to meet that goal. I have been a middle-distance runner most of my life and for once I am not running to compete nor impress, but rather for myself. An idea that came to mind on a run last week was the difference between "Dedication" and "Commitment." I had the realization that I am rarely dedicated to anything, but rather often times committed. Therein lies the difference. I used to, and still am in some respects, be committed to activities and call it dedication when the real motivator/driver for those activities were contracts, expected outcomes, and/or prestige. I intend to become more dedicated in personal/spiritual growth, not for what it can manifest physically, but rather whatever understanding of higher purpose I might be able to attain.

I look forward to hearing what comes up on your runs and learning from your experience!

Slider8 likes this.
  3. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Great challenge guys!! Can we count other exercise (like HIIT, bike or swim (maybe instead of miles for those sports it could be minutes))?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    Slider8 likes this.
  4. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

It's running challenge so if you don't wan't to step outside or you don't have a treadmill yoo can always run 11 minutes on the spot to earn a running mile. you can consider it as a pre-workout warm up.
    ...Nice picture I thought exactly about it during my today's run and thought- Run like the Forest Gump :):emoji_thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  5. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

11 miles up and down the hills. I really thought about running just 1 but ended up with 11 :).
    Thoughts of the day -It's good to include a few 300-400 yards runs up and down the steep hills to train your cardio better and when running up the hill it becomes hardest near the top ;) that's where your grit gets tested!

Cartographer likes this.
  6. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Cool challenge.

I started running with a purpose this past December. I have ran 152 miles in the month of January. My goal is to run 2,000 miles by the end of 2021. The other goal I have is to run a marathon. I may want to run more than one, but we will see. In December I started with like 3 miles a day with many breaks in the week. At this point my average is 6 miles a day. Sometimes I miss days but the reasons are because I am in my last semester as a master's student and I am putting many hours into my thesis. Also, my wife is a grad student. So sometimes I will miss days and it is "legit." :cool: Earlier this month I ran 13.8 miles (longest in my life). The plan was to run 16 miles this past weekend but I had sharp pains come about on the outside of my knee. Couldn't make it any further. I am hoping that this goes away sooner than later.

Slider8 and Cartographer like this.
  7. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Welcome to the challenge dude!!! You're an inspiration and looking forward to following your stories and insights! :) And good luck with your Master's! I am currently going for my Master's as well but have yet to get to starting my thesis! :)

Slider8 and eagle rising like this.
  8. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Likewise! Hey, with regards to your thesis, make sure you make it a fun endeavor! Making it stressful is well...stressful.

I didn't run today, but I will tomorrow!

9. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

I know what knee pain is too bro. You just have to take breaks between your runs to give your body a good recovery. Use a lot of walking for your rest days and turmeric spice if added to you cooking reduces inflammation in the joints.
    Well, this business of running is like a prayer on the move . Do you see prayer to God as fun or do you want to make it fun ?

eagle rising likes this.
  10. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

I will see to your advice. Thanks, man!

Well, I don't pray to God, so I don't know how to answer your question. haha.

11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

When you want something and dream about it you do pray to God.

12. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

A simple but cool idea. I don't think I'm at a point where I can run (yet? injury) but I've been walking. Got a good count on the pedometer but I have to start looking at how much from continuous stretch of walking, (a lot of it is getting up and down in the office) apparently it's only about 2,000 steps a mile so totally doable. Thanks.

Slider8 likes this.
  13. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

5 miles,

Another 5 miler today! I notice that on the uphill climbs that my thinking becomes more negative since my body is more heavily stressed, (at least that is my assumption as to why my mind becomes more negative). Anyways, my mantra for whenever I remembered was "I intend to be kind and compassionate" as best I know how. Setting my mind up for the day ahead in this manner proved to keep me in a good mood for most of the day! Now onto the school half of the day!

Keep moving forward runners!

eagle rising and Slider8 like this.
  14. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

I hope that you heal up soon and can join us running, happy that you are here!

Also, just looking at your name, has Wim Hof ever brought up NoFap/PMO addiction?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Slider8 likes this.
  15. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Ran 5k / 3m today (interval training)

16. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Nice mantra ! :)
    No running today just walking and some pull ups. Do you do pull ups?

17. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

Not that I know of but there's the passage I quoted in the first post under New User forum about having control of the brain stem through the adrenal axis so that's why I made the connection.

18. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

12.45 miles today with multiple speed changes through. When run thought that this way is much harder than keeping more or less the same speed throughout the distance.
    ...again the same story planned 5 run 12 :)

eagle rising and Cartographer like this.
  19. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

i have checked out your message:
    Cool :emoji_thumbsup:!
    Where did you get that on brain stem from? Cos I had a look into it and it appeared to be HPA axis and Hypotalamus and Pituary gland are not parts of the brain stem.
    [​IMG]

20. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

I was quoting Wim Hofs book. It may by his own experience not sure.

Slider8 likes this.