1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally asked out a boy after being insecure all my life.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Quiet Riot, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Quiet Riot

Quiet Riot Fapstronaut

I finally did the thing I was always to afraid to do, I asked out a boy I had a crush on!!!!!!! So basically were my success begins is I finally completed a 30 day no pmo challenge. I felt amazing after completing the challenge. I gained a lot of confidence and I started to feel more happy and feminine. I did relapse a couple days after the challenge, but no matter. I wasn't to hard on myself and I didn't completely go back into my old habits so I was still feeling the benefits. So this lead to today at work. Me and the guy I like are working the same shift, but different jobs. I was checking him out the entire shift and tried to get some alone time with him to tell him how I feel. I didnt get any time during work so I finally asked if he wanted to go to dinner or something after our shift. He said he would love to make new "friends" and we exchanged numbers. Then later that night we started chatting and he told me that I was cute and I said I thought he was really cute and then we chatted about other things and now were going to dinner on Sunday. Its literally valentines day and I didnt even plan to go out with him on Valentine's day. This is literally never thought I would have the guts to asked a guy, especially due to insecurities, but I finally said fuck it and I did it.

2. Congrats, a lot of people struggle with doing that. Hope things go well for you.

3. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Congratulations! this is really hard for man to do, even more for woman.

I think this is even more important and a great acomplish.

I know that you are happy that you spoke to him about it.. and you are going to have dinner with him.. but he said friends... that F..bomb is not what you are looking for. You don't what to be his friend, you want something more than that. I would tell him in that moment that you were looking for something more than a friendship with him, that if he was only looking for a new friend then it would be better to not go out. Never let the other person put you in friendzone.. always go for what you want and never settle for less, people are going to respect you more and treat you better. If he is not willing to date you romantically then you should invest your time dating people that do what something more than friendship with you.

4. Quiet Riot

Quiet Riot Fapstronaut

Well actually he started texting a lot and he said I was really cute and had a crush on me as well. He just friend zoned me initially because he couldn't believe a girl was really asking him out.

5. Ursamajor

Ursamajor Fapstronaut

Quiet Riot and dswgred2321 like this.
  6. @Ursamajor
    What are you talking about? On that quote alone you put, he just said that it's harder for women to put themselves out there. It's not like it's untrue. Nor did he say men should do all the work. In fact, he says what you're saying:

7. Initially friend zoned you? You mean there still hope for development?

8. Ursamajor

Ursamajor Fapstronaut

well if he is texting a lot this is not good for her. hope he will calm down

9. Congrats on your success

Quiet Riot and dswgred2321 like this.
  10. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Well.. that's a red flag. He has low selfsteam. He don't think is worth of you or any other woman. He don't know how to handle you.. so he friendzoned you. He is basically afraid of you.
    He have work to do before dating a woman.

It doesn't matter for te moment, enjoy the time you spend with him if you want, get to really know him,he can be a good guy and you can have fun with him.. just remember this red flag and look for other ones.

itsallme and (deleted member) like this.
  11. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Nobody said that..
    You have to make your part, yes.
    again, nobody said that. She is going to do her part.
    Totally agree. She will, with the man she likes, but there's several level of confidence for a woman. They will normally put themselves in your orbit in hopes you get the hint they like you and ask them out. Confident ones will ask you out and shy ones are going to bearly look at you from the distance.
    Nope.. in fact I always recomend man or woman to don't put the other person in a pedestal. Allways look at the other person as an equal.
    Agree with this. A woman that is into you is going to do everything she can to be with you. If she doesn't she is just no into you and you definitively are better off without her.

12. Can y'all shut up and let the OP have her moment?

Well done @Quiet Riot ! You had more balls than he did, which speaks volumes about your character ^^

13. Quiet Riot

Quiet Riot Fapstronaut

Good stuff you said totally agree. I definitely do have confidence issues that im working on overcoming. He does to of course but I dont judge him for that cause that a really hard skill to master and I havent mastered it yet. Tbh people say im a very strong and independent individual so I like to be treated as an equal, not like a dainty little air head that cant think for herself and has to always get men's approval.

Conquering Winner likes this.
  14. Quiet Riot

Quiet Riot Fapstronaut

Thank you. Tbh I dont care if he has self esteem issues cause I've had self esteem issues for years that im still working on. If anything, that would be hypocritical of me not be with him for that cause I would have loved someone to have asked me out when my self esteem was low.

15. Quiet Riot

Quiet Riot Fapstronaut

I personally dont think this is not to bad because I've had self esteem problems most of life so I get understand how it feels. Im just glad he likes me back tbh. I've very inexperienced with dating, like this will be my first real date, so I dont have big expectations and im honestly mostly doing it for the experience.

dharana, Azzure, EdricKr and 2 others like this.
  16. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

I find it kind of cute and endearing when girls are a little unsure of themselves. It's like the One Direction song "you don't know you're beautiful, that's what makes you beautiful" lol.

Quiet Riot likes this.
  17. Quiet Riot

Quiet Riot Fapstronaut

Lol hahahahahaha good to hear.

Conquering Winner likes this.
  18. Calypsong

Calypsong Fapstronaut

Well done fella, big W