1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Artists Way or other creative approaches?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by WHMvsPMO, Feb 26, 2021.

1. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

I was talking to one of my APs and was reminded of the practice of writing Morning Pages from Artists Way, I think it's either a full page or 3 pages of stream of consciousness writing. In general though I'm wondering about people who may have a serious creative practice of some kind, abstaining from PMO and working out etc. can be a bit mechanical and life may be kind of boring from just doing work like that so there's a need for a creative/artistic element. Even with workout out there's martial arts although I'm not sure what people are doing if they can't spar, but that's just an example. The more examples the better.

2. 888Konichiva888

888Konichiva888 Fapstronaut

I love doing art. And i think it really helps me to get away from negative cycle of thinking.
    I do oil paintings and also sketches. I heard about this book, the artist way where you need to write morning pages of your thoughts.
    I didn't implement this practice in my life, but i had that book. I will read this, thank you for reminding.

Here some my artworks, I don't know why but i want to share with you. Maybe it can make some people to feel better.

Attached Files:

Buddhabro likes this.
  3. Your version of Van gough's starry night is pretty good.

888Konichiva888 likes this.
  4. Your version of Van gough's starry night is pretty good.

888Konichiva888 likes this.
  5. 888Konichiva888

888Konichiva888 Fapstronaut

Thank you!