1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

takes a wolf to catch a wolf

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by blacklabel92, Mar 6, 2021.

1. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

so ive been re-watching bits and peices training day the past few days and im really understanding denzels character more and more every time i watch it. he has the right idea of being a wolf to protect the sheep. he just has problems that prevents him from taking advantage of this knowledge, mainly being a manipulative scheming hothead. but i feel like his redeemable traits speak louder than his faults. hes still that naïve rookie wanting to save the world taking out one bad guy at a time but covering that is all the abuse hes seen and taken on the streets. he knows what this world is and what it aint. it aint built for nice guys and good guys, he knows they always die first. he knows when it comes down to it, u gotta do what u gotta do in order to survive in the streets.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Symbol of Peace and Garek like this.
  2. The Archangel

The Archangel Fapstronaut

I aspire to be like the fighter, Bas Rutten. He's very polite and friendly, but at the same time, he's a badass with amazing confidence, brilliant fighting skills (hand to hand combat and guns), a powerful mindset, a great body and athletism, intelligence and a set of morals - not the type of person you want to fuck with. His advice is to just be a nice guy, but a badass at the same time.

Symbol of Peace and blacklabel92 like this.
  3. I remember that movie. Your choices in life aren't limited to wolf or sheep. You can also chose shepherd.

4. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

woah. damn. thats a sick perspective. could u elaborate more?

Garek likes this.
  5. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

ill take that advice. and look more into him. im a taurus so sometimes i have a stubborn attitude especially if im hungry.

6. I just remember thinking that when I saw the movie. It was at least 15 years ago. I watched in the middle of the night, ordered it OnDemand from Time Warner Cable. But that's the take away. We are all capable of being wolves, sheep, and shepherds and we all play those rolls at different times in our lives. Every been at a concert heading for the exit after they show? Congratulations! You were a sheep that day. Ever pulled one over on someone weaker or dumber than you? Well then, in that moment you were wolf. Ever pointed out a danger to someone when you could have let them walk right into a trap? That's being a shepherd.

We all want to be a "nicer" version of the wolf but that's the sort of bullshit that gets you mauled by a bigger, stronger, more vicious wolf. Shepherds protect sheep from the wolves. They protect themselves and others from dangers by pointing them out and steering clear, fighting them off when necessary. This is not exactly a new idea and while I am not a Christian wisdom is wisdom no matter where you find it. Here's a more modern version of the same idea.

blacklabel92 likes this.
  7. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

wow man. very profound concept. i always thought there were only 2 choices. wolf or sheep. but that makes total sense.

8. I’ve got a friend IRL who has a lot of anger issues. For him the world is made up of boots and doormats, and if that’s what the world was and nothing else then yeah you should be a boot. I pointed out that he could be a doorman instead if he wanted: make friends with the residents, be kind to their guests, and keep criminals from getting in. It really doesn’t matter which metaphor you use, the idea is the same. Thanks for the follow!

blacklabel92 likes this.
  9. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

thats cool to. i like wolf vs sheep scenario better. fits how i see the world and the terrible things that have and still are transpiring behind the veil. and no problemo! thnx for the free lesson!

Garek likes this.
  10. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Mountain lions can also catch wolfs, same goes with bears

blacklabel92 likes this.
  11. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

lol. id put my money on the wolf if it came down to it. ive seen some big mountain lions but even BIGGER wolves. but bears take the cake. them mfs eat fish/berrys and nuts n shit and can prolly take a mountain lion and wolf 2 v 1, bear would prolly loose but give them a run for their money.