1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does God allow suffering? Red pill part 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by embodiment of luck, Feb 28, 2021.

1. I agree. But the problem I have is that many people don't want to treat these fundamental presuppositions as presuppositions. They want to claim absolute knowledge, which is not okay.

smh_fam likes this.
  2. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

Unfortunately, this is kind of "by design" so to speak. We seem to be hard wired to defend these presuppositions the same way we defend our physical bodies from attack. We are willing to kill or be killed for them. They are a critical part of us and our survival instinct gets engaged when they're threatened.

The average person today would view "progress" as a result of our collective accumulation of knowledge over time; that we've gotten more organized, more stable and more humane over the last 5,000 years because of our active, conscious processing of this accumulated data. Jung looked at it as a result of natural selection and I think he's correct. People were merely avatars of their belief system and had to compete with the avatars of alternative belief systems for resources and dominance. One system (one set of gods, one set of principles, one economic theory, etc.) eventually ends up winning that competition, the avatars of the opposing system end up getting wiped out or indoctrinated and that belief system is extinguished. Repeat for 100,000 years and here we are, still not really aware of what we're doing.

This "evolution of thought" has of course gotten far more expensive now that we have hydrogen bombs and biological weapons. It's a problem but we don't really know of any other way forward.

FellatiousD likes this.
  3. YoungLenny

YoungLenny Fapstronaut

Bruh wtf:emoji_joy:

4. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

Red pill is a metaphor for seeing reality as it is ( it comes from movie The Matrix). It can lead to the better understanding of reality, and perhaps stop blaming God and accept reality for what it is.

5. embodiment of luck

My suggestion is that you treat girls for what they are. Human beings, and not something divine.

6. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Lmao it just a joke in repliance to those saying god is male, chill

FellatiousD likes this.
  7. RichardP

RichardP Fapstronaut

If god is the totality of everything how could he just be goodness? What kind of god would make an infinite number of movies and only have them be pleasurable. The beauty i find is in epic story of earth i was born into. Things aren't perfect but at least we can work to one day make it so.

8. Throwing in my five cents after reading some other comments. I'm not debating anyone or nothing just giving insight to how I see it.

Humans are sinful and imperfect beings. We can't just throw our eggs about God into one basket because some child molesters, or rapists made their choices. Unfortunately, there is suffering in this world not just for us humans but for plants, bacteria, animals, etc. We will always have free will and choices and that choice includes the right to do evil as well as the right to do good. Animals have free will as well but we have dominion over them. Life isn't fair, it isn't perfect, we aren't perfect, but God is.

Now I'm a Christian and I'll give you a straight answer. I honestly don't know why God allows suffering. I am not God, but I am called and believe in Him and His purpose in everything. God doesn't ever mention His reasoning as to this decision. But God can feel our pain, He does know we are frustrated, and uses that to mold us as His children. Jesus is God in human form and He suffered a terrible death to save us from this world because....I think we can all agree it's not a perfect place.

9. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

Life is a test, we all have free will, so with free will you are unfortunately able to do bad things, which certain people commit.

If you go to heaven you can ask everything you want to God, because there are things we simple cannot comprehend.

10. How come ? Explain please, fam's curious.

11. Factual claims, moral claims (depending on who you talk to). There are sites which list all of these things out.

12. Bring out a few, the ones who resonate with your point the most, i am genuinly curious

13. Upwards2020

Upwards2020 Fapstronaut

It is not god it is the forces of nature

14. embodiment of luck

I'm not attacking you, and I understand you were joking, but let's be honest you have high opinions on girls in in general. Do you believe in sole mates, you complete me stuff, her desires come first.

15. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Lmao, you got to that conclusion from that? Because let me tell you couldn't be more wrong.
    But I will grant you I used to be naive like that on my early teens though.

embodiment of luck likes this.
  16. Bible says insects have four legs, they don't

17. I looked into it, and here's what i concluded so far

Bible does not say that bugs in general only have 4 legs, but rather we can see that in this quote bible classifies them by the function of their legs.

Bugs have 6 legs or more, but not all legs are used for walking, they have different functions.
    You can see that quote adds "...those that have jointed legs for hopping on the ground..." then it proceeds to elaborate which. Grasshoppers in this example obviously have 6 legs, out of which 4 legs are used for walking while the last pair of jointed legs are used for jumping. That exception by itself, rather classifies the legs by their function it does not speak of the bug as in the whole anatomy, if you get me

Wouldn't it be the first time i came across another misinterpreted bible quote. Although, frankly i didn't know the answer myself at first, so i took my time researching :emoji_eyes:

Fat Boy likes this.
  18. Without differentiation, you have the undifferentiated primordial mist. No night, no day; no dark, no light; no suffering, no bliss. The trick is to master suffering and live in peace and bliss. Dwelling on suffering is to suffer, so you can start straight away by shifting your attention to something that will help you strengthen yourself, and thus begin to conquer suffering.

19. You might not put girls on a pedestal, but I think we can all agree you are one sick sicko. Sicko. =oD

20. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Agreed

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.