1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Positive thinking

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SunGazer, Mar 21, 2021.

1. SunGazer

SunGazer Fapstronaut

I have a hernia that affects my ability to achieve my goals associated with weight lifting and running. However, I have decided to be positive about it. Some people don’t even have two legs to walk.

I’m going to do my best to manage it while still being able to exercise. Hopefully I will be able to get it operated on later this year. Until then, I’m determined to not let it affect my outlook on life. It could be worse.

2. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

Hernia bro here. Good to hear you are positive! Hernias suck but what can we do? Ab exercises and acceptance I guess. Good luck with it!

Christoph108 likes this.
  3. SunGazer

SunGazer Fapstronaut

Have ab exercises improved your condition at all?

4. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

I think so. It's too early to tell. I'm doing ones I found from a guy who claims to have "cured" his hernia over the course of two years. Most likely he managed to shrink the rupture enough that it doesn't worry him anymore. Here is a link to his stuff
    https://mynaturalherniacure.com/healing-inguinal-hernia-exercise/

SunGazer likes this.
  5. SunGazer

SunGazer Fapstronaut

Thanks for the info man. Will look into the exercises. I also just ordered a hernia support belt from Amazon. The last one I got was too bulky for me.

6. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

I'm thinking about getting one of the ones that guy sells. They look pretty good. Mine is bulky but it helps so much I just deal.

SunGazer likes this.
  7. SunGazer

SunGazer Fapstronaut

Mine is lower in my groin region so I got an adjustable one I’m hoping will have the padding a bit lower.

8. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

Mine is right above the groin. I got a small tear a few years ago when I lifted a big propane tank I guess lack of activity during lockdown made it worse.
    Good luck brother. I hope the exercises can help you.

9. SunGazer

SunGazer Fapstronaut

Thanks man, I got mine from doing hard labor that I wasn’t supposed to be doing at my last job..
    I iced the area lastnight and it seems to have provided some relief.

ElSabio likes this.