1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee loving fapstrounaughts?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by 85model, Jul 30, 2015.

1. 85model

85model Fapstronaut

Who here are true coffee lovers or coffee snobs? I myself am I big coffee lover and a huge advocate of my home espresso machine. I find the process of making coffee quite relaxing and therapeutic. Anyone else?

sandwich77 and striveforit like this.
  2. Jmak290

Jmak290 Guest

Since I started recovery, and weekly meetings with sponsor at the local Starbucks, I'm getting into coffee drinks more.

I have my regular kuric coffee maker a home, trying the various medium roast blends of different flavors.

At Starbucks I'm going for their java chip frap with a shot of peppermint.

I tryed McD and their specialty coffee drinks and well ok...

But I am considering getting a home system to make my own frappacino drinks. Blended drinks etc... Truthfully, I don't know where to start with that. I'm looking around though. Last time I went to the store I walked down the home appliance aisle to take in what their options are on the shelves.

For years I've made a nice hot cocoa but instead of the hot water, I would use a cup of fresh hot coffee.

I like the smell of coffee in the morning.

3. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Oh yes! :D Good coffee is amazing, but hard to come by sadly. We are fairly spoiled with cafes in New Zealand though...
    I try not to drink too much of it, but it's nice for a treat. In some ways the smell of coffee is even better than the taste! ;)

85model likes this.
  4. 85model

85model Fapstronaut

My machine cost me a small fortune but it's great. I can produce as good or better coffee than 95% of cafes if I have fresh beans. It's very satisfying to produce a great espresso shot (for me anyway, but I'm a coffee weirdo).

5. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

Love me some dark roast and espresso macchiato :)

NoBrainer and 85model like this.
  6. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

That's awesome man! :) They are hella expensive, the machines.

I particularly like coffees with frothed/ heated milk (like cappuccino, flat white or mochaccino). Unfortunately, it's very hard to make these coffees well and takes a skilled barrister. People usually put too much milk in, or heat the milk for too long, or not long enough. :rolleyes: So, if you're a espresso kind of guy, thankfully it's not nearly as easy to stuff it up ;) (supposing you have good beans etc).

7. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

We are pretty spoiled for coffee where I live. It may not compare to Italy, Colombia, France, Indonesia, or Vietnam - but in Thailand we have good fresh coffee available cheaply. If you can get Laos coffee, it's even better!

Mid -range grinder and any French press and you are good to go.

But I do prefer tea, actually. :)

8. 85model

85model Fapstronaut

M
    I make everything from lattes, cappuccino to machiato. I love my coffee

NoBrainer likes this.
  9. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Make a nice strong black coffee every morning in my percolator. I need to start grinding my own beans really - the freshness of the ground coffee really starts to go downhill after just a few weeks. I've tried storing it in the freezer, but I'm not convinced that is good for the flavour.

I got some lovely ground coffee from a holiday in Turin, Italy this summer. I will be enjoying the last of it next week!

10. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

I really should look into getting a machine. Which machine do you recommend? I personally enjoy Mexican coffee but maybe it is because all I drank while there were Machiatto's and flat white's so I just remember it fondly.

11. 85model

85model Fapstronaut

Yes to enjoy coffee properly a grinder is a must. Ground coffee beans are really only good for a very short period (a few minutes for espresso)! Try avoiding putting them in the fridge, it adds moisture which is bad.

fredisthebes likes this.
  12. 85model

85model Fapstronaut

It really depends on your budget. If you want a solid basic machine, try a rancillio silvia.

I have an ECM mechanika iv. Great machine, not cheap though.

Limeaid likes this.
  13. threemonkeys

threemonkeys Fapstronaut

I am appreciating coffee more and more now that pmo is gone. And i already loved it a lot. Have a wonky old elektra lever machine. Been roasting the beans in a popcorn popper for about a year now. Learning mostly by trial and error!

85model likes this.
  14. 85model

85model Fapstronaut

I'm toying with the idea of home roasting also.

15. TetraVaal

TetraVaal Fapstronaut

I love coffee from a good coffee shop!

At home, I have a small Keurig machine, but I'm feeling a bit ashamed using it because of all the wasted plastic... I live alone, so a single-serve machine is very useful for me. I saw these refillable K-Cups on Amazon with good reviews, so I'm thinking of trying those out or something like the Aeropress.