1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is your favorite character in history

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by modern milarepa, Apr 3, 2021.

1. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Mine is Bodhidharma

He found the zen Buddhist school, taught the shaolin monks to fight so father of kung fu, spent nine years facing a cave wall in meditation.

Some believe he discovered tea. One day he was furious with his inability to stay awake while meditating, he is said to have ripped off his eyelids. On falling to the ground, they became tea plants.

This last one probably is not true but is kind of cool haha

2. JustLeave07

JustLeave07 Fapstronaut

LoL last one seems mythological...

modern milarepa likes this.
  3. oh boy...

4. Hanshan the Tang Dynasty poet who wrote the Cold Mountain collections of poems. So many times I've thought of leaving this dusty world and climbing to Cold Mountain myself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanshan_(poet)

5. Bodhidharma is one of my favs as well. Love the story about how he met the Liang Dynasty emperor Wu who asked, "We have built all these stupas, paid homage to all the Buddhas, founded all these monasteries, and supported thousands of monks.... what is the merit of this?" Bodhidharma answered "None whatsoever." Liang of Wu replies "Then who is it who stands before me?" Bodhidharma answered "I don't know."

He totally was not intimidated by the most powerful man on earth at that time. That's pretty badass.

6. I guess right now I would have to say Buddha. Although I dont even know much about his life, I just like what he has said.

7. Mr Lee

Mr Lee Fapstronaut

Okay so if this one doesn't get deleted by the mods as well, let's go for Rachel Corrie!

She stood her ground while trying to defend a family's home from being demolished and paid with her life for it.

8. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Lmao they really deleted it....
    C'mooon are we seriously going to police who can or who can not be the favourite character of someone?

All those spiritual people being mentioned would be ashamed of such actions.

Mr Lee likes this.
  9. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Hugues de Payens the main founder of the Knights Templars , the best Warriors and Faithfull People that ever existed

10. epic gamer moment

modern milarepa and brassknucks like this.
  11. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Is hard to pick one really, but Diogenes of Sinope could probably be among my favourites.

[​IMG]

12. swordmaster

swordmaster Fapstronaut

Been reading a book on Diogenes (sayings and anecdotes) and he is a guy who used to masturbate in public, isn't it?

But just to make it clear as people nowadays are really dumb, yeah, I was just kidding.

13. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Among many other things yeah, Diogenes is the OG madlad, but also a wise man.

14. swordmaster

swordmaster Fapstronaut

I hope you don't get that example. I am enjoying that book and the things this guy do are funny as hell. I don't agree with a lot of them but am enjoying nonetheless, good stuff.

15. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Great fan of his philosophy, not so fan of his way of getting the point across.

16. modern milarepa

Come on that is the best part of Diogenes.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    CarP likes this.
  17. modern milarepa

Certainly not a rule model for nofap
    6827c7ef3476193cd06446aa8d674806.png

Even do a very wise madman what I like the most about him is his authenticity, and he used all his life in the search of truth, even do very radical examples to make his point across.

He is one of my favorite western philosophers, he reminds me of something in tantra called mahasidhas, which were crazy wisemen like him and had eccentric lifestyles. The point is wisdom goes beyond good or bad, decent or indicent, morality or immorality. A real wiseman breaks all concepts.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    SickSicko likes this.
  18. It's "Knights Templar". 'Knights' is a plural noun, 'Templar' is a nominalized adjective. So now you know.

PanteriMauzer likes this.
  19. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Lmfao my post here was removed as well. Starting to think someone has it out for me lol.

My favourite historical figure is Hugh Mungus.