1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Study Togather! [ Challenge ]

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Mr.Tony, Apr 9, 2021.

1. This Thread might change your life if you are willing to put in all the necessary effort to change!

Monday 12 April 2021 - We will start the given challenge to work togather for a better future!

First we need to follow up a certain rules:

1) Find a Quiet Place at Home where you will feel confortable.

2) Eliminate Anything and Everything that can distract you from your studies!

3) Your Phone is Your Enemy Turn it off and do not use it until this session is Over!

4) You can use concentration Music if it suits you, if it doesn't no need to use it!

5) If you find it difficult studying! do at least 10 - 15 Minutes of Mindfulnes Meditation to stop your brain from wandering!

Tricks to use when studying:

The Pomodoro Technique; it's a technique in which you will be using 25 Minutes of studying and taking a break of 5 minutes afterwards, do it 4x times and you can take a longer break of 20 minutes.

For the first week, we will be working ona simple warm up! just this:

- 25 minutes and 5 minutes

- 25 minutes and 5 minutes

Just let your brain warm up for what's coming up ahead!

Remember we want you to become addicted to this technique as it is so productive!

It is also suggested to have a little notebook where you can write down everyday's progress with this technique!

This is a video explaining the Pomodoro Technique:

Some Helpful Videos :

Ron White ( A Two Times US Memory Champion ):

Learn More about Mind Map:

Personally, I use A3 Huge pappers and More than 30 Colors to link things togather, I suggest you watch the video i've linked above and apply it!

One Last thing:

By Monday 12 April 2021 - I'll be waiting for your reply everyday, you will be telling us how many Pomodoro's you will be destroying everyday! - Good Luck and Remember i'll be waiting your reply everyday!

2. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Interesting challenge, sadly I'm not a fan of pomodoros, I don't remember the name of it but I like the technique that is like.

15-30min timer, study until you get saturated or get out of flow, activate timer, relax, then whenever you are a bit refreshed, stop timer, back to it, it may be 5-8-10-15min, in any case, the longer the break, the less breaks you will have until you finish a 2-4h session.

I don't like pomodoros because with it when I'm starting to get into flow, it commands me to stop, and when I feel saturated or tired, makes me push through unfruitful study until the timer goes off.

Just my take... I like the idea of a study challenge anyways.

3. frere

frere Fapstronaut

Alrigth! I'm in! Since i do have to learn for my exams and need some accountability and pressure for both appearing on this forum and learning i dont see any negative sides :)
    I will use the time to learn about mental health-growth and to learn for my exams in equal pieces!
    Good idea on creating this Thread!

StreetJesus305, Mr.Tony and Candun like this.
  4. Wolf01

Wolf01 Fapstronaut

Love this man, I need to do this.

I have Pomodoro as part of my regular workflow. Only that in days I'm distracted or not doing well, I then forgo it (with negative consequences as can be said)

5. So proud of you guys :)

Just one thing, let's work on this:

Descipline and Descipline and more Descipline!

I'll be sharing my progress as well, I would like if we could share our field of studies and our grades before Monday.

I'm an MBA student in the Financial Management.

StreetJesus305 and frere like this.
  6. Thank you, You're welcome my friend!

7. frere

frere Fapstronaut

I also am an MBA student with an personal interest in sales and corporate management! I am from Germany and our grades system is different than from the one used in the US. But i think my GPA during my bachelorstudies was around 2.7. I will really try to push my GPA to at least 3 but of course higher is better!

Mr.Tony likes this.
  8. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Honnestly thats actually quite cool and helpfull!

frere likes this.
  9. I'll be waiting for your replies, everyday.
    Welcome the challenge Starts Today!

10. I'm really opsessed with Sales and some Psychology and Marketing, But Sales is really something that i extremly like and i'm really obsessed with it. I know it is really helpful if you master it, I bet you like it as much as i do ? It's the reason why i choosed to study the Economy.

I've sent you a private message.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  11. Just finished an Hour of Warm up Studies.

Pomodoro: Done!
    25 Mins - 5 Mins
    25 Mins _5 Mins

Have you done your First week Warm up ?

frere likes this.
  12. frere

frere Fapstronaut

Today was my first day of learning! I learned in two 40min sessions, which were in reality pomodoro sessions because i needed around 10 min to get into each but better than not starting at all!
    The material was quite interesting, i learned about supply chains :)

Mr.Tony likes this.
  13. Keep up! Do not skip a single day!
    Master your Mind ( thoughts ) you will master your Life!

14. Just finished an Hour of Warm up Studies. (2nd time)

25 Mins - 5 Mins
    25 Mins - 5 Mins

Let's share our progress here.

15. frere

frere Fapstronaut

Second session! Again two 40min sessions, with a net learninig time of around 1h. I had higher expectations, but again better than not learning at all!

Mr.Tony likes this.
  16. Keep it up my friend, i'm proud of you! That's the spirit!

17. Just finished an Hour of Warm up Studies. (3rd time)

25 Mins - 5 Mins
    25 Mins - 5 Mins

I think there is a problem with my attention span, it is too short even when i read and try to summarize a paragraph my mind drifts away.

I heard that it is important to "Empty Your Mind" Before studying meaning nothing else has to be in there beside The Subject you are studying, I will be doing another Meditation Type; Called the Transcendental Meditation - I have no idea what it is, but i'll be doing it including my regular Meditation, Hope it will work!
    I'm 90% sure i've had ADHD - And it's effect are still around, But I'll find a way to cure it naturally, thanks for reading I hope you are doing alright with your studies!

If you have any problem regarding your studies, share we'll try to solve it! As long as you are serious and will to study. Good Luck.

StreetJesus305 and frere like this.
  18. Just finished an Hour of Warm up Studies. (4th time)

25 Mins - 5 Mins
    25 Mins - 5 Mins

19. Finished an Hour of Warm up Studies. (5th time)

25 Mins - 5 Mins
    25 Mins - 5 Mins

Keep up!

modern milarepa and frere like this.
  20. frere

frere Fapstronaut

good job! Neither yesterday nor today did i learn, i plan on doing it tommorow or monday! :)

Mr.Tony likes this.