1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Push-Up Daily Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Superman#, Apr 2, 2020.

1. 29/04/2021

Hindu Squats 100

Hindu Push-ups 100

Bridging 100

squat thrust with push-ups 100

& decided to add 100 Squat Assisted Chin-ups to the mix.

Taking about 1:02:49

Though I am debating weather do this, inverted Rows or both at the same time?

Also on the 2 days I haven't posted I tried doing Indian club exercises & will try and do them more on my off days and maybe some other days after my workout.

Zephon and palindromo like this.
  2. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

3. Legs and abs today. Mostly kettle bell swings, planks, Russian twists, and crunches.

palindromo and BillyBobBoBoBo like this.
  4. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

15 push-ups 15 squats 40 jumping jacks. Bucket of balls at the driving range.

palindromo likes this.
  5. 30/04/2021

Hindu Squats 100

Hindu Push-ups 100

Table Bridges 100

& decided to add 100 inverted rows, which definitely working on my arms (especially on my biceps) and back.

Taking about 55:48

Though thinking more about it I am trying to decide on the the inverted rows and Squat assisted Chin-ups as in should I include the rows after my Hindu push-ups or to do it after the table bridging or to keep it after the squat thrusts. Also deciding about the squat assisted chin-ups, as thinking if keeping that after the squat thrusts but trying to figure out to weather do it till 100, or do it for 10 minutes? So any suggestions or is it a try and see how it feels type of situation?

I was also was doing these exercises afterwards to try them out, for more stuff for my arms and traps.

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/oldtime-strongman-exercises/

Body Resistance Bicep Curls

[​IMG]

Directions from Molding a Mighty Arm (1932) by George F. Jowett:

“Stand erect with feet together and clasp the left hand in the right in front of the body with the palm of the right hand facing directly forward and the arms held straight down by the sides. From this position turn the right hand on the wrist upward in a cupping motion so the space between the hand and the forearm is shortened. Now begin to bend the arm at the elbow and raise the right hand toward the right shoulder. Throughout this motion press down with all the power of the left arm to resist the upward trend of the right arm. This will bring the right arm biceps into play very forcibly in order to overcome the left hand pressure. When the right hand is curled to the shoulder allow the arm to return back to the original position, but in doing so, resist the downward action, this time by pulling up with the left hand.

Perform this exercise reversing the hands so as to develop both arms equally.

Half a dozen repetitions will give you some idea of the effect this exercise has upon the biceps.”

Isometric Tricep Extension

[​IMG]

“Another triceps wakener is to grasp the wrist of the right hand by the left hand, passing the left arm across the small of the back. Stiffen the right arm and lift backwards trying to break the grip of the left hand. You will not be able to lift high but the triceps kick should be strongly felt.”

Body Resistance Shoulder Shrugs

[​IMG]

Directions from Molding a Mighty Back (1932) by George F. Jowett:

“Here is an exercise I always enjoy and one that I have practiced all my life. In fact, it was one of the first group of exercises I ever practiced. You may not care for it as much as some other, but I liked it because I could get tremendous resistance from it.

I first adopted the position of hands clasped behind the back, then drew the shoulders forward and allowed the chin to sink upon the chest. I would then tense and forcibly bring the shoulder blades together as much as I could, throwing back the head as this was done. See Fig. 15. This I would repeat anywhere from twelve to eighteen times, giving complete contraction and extension of these powerful shoulder muscles.”

I am struggling with the Shrugs as I don't feel I fully understand.

And this as a finisher after the main routine.

palindromo likes this.
  6. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

7. (20 push-ups, 20 tricep dips, 45 seconds of plank) X 5 cycles

8. UncleBarnacle

UncleBarnacle Fapstronaut

I've done 30 pushups a day since January 1, 2017. Just to tell someone! But also do bench press, dips, flies and such once or twice a week. Also, freezing cold shower upon waking. Discipline, you know.

9. 01/05/2021

Hindu Squats 100

Hindu Push-ups 100

Table Bridges 100

Done Squat Assisted Chin-ups 100

Taking about 58:10

Done the arm & shoulder exercise

[​IMG]

“Stand erect with feet together and clasp the left hand in the right in front of the body with the palm of the right hand facing directly forward and the arms held straight down by the sides. From this position turn the right hand on the wrist upward in a cupping motion so the space between the hand and the forearm is shortened. Now begin to bend the arm at the elbow and raise the right hand toward the right shoulder. Throughout this motion press down with all the power of the left arm to resist the upward trend of the right arm. This will bring the right arm biceps into play very forcibly in order to overcome the left hand pressure. When the right hand is curled to the shoulder allow the arm to return back to the original position, but in doing so, resist the downward action, this time by pulling up with the left hand.

Half a dozen repetitions will give you some idea of the effect this exercise has upon the biceps.”

Forgotten to mention I also did the reverse Curl of this exercise for my forearm.

[​IMG]

“Another triceps wakener is to grasp the wrist of the right hand by the left hand, passing the left arm across the small of the back. Stiffen the right arm and lift backwards trying to break the grip of the left hand. You will not be able to lift high but the triceps kick should be strongly felt.”

[​IMG]

“Here is an exercise I always enjoy and one that I have practiced all my life. In fact, it was one of the first group of exercises I ever practiced. You may not care for it as much as some other, but I liked it because I could get tremendous resistance from it.

I first adopted the position of hands clasped behind the back, then drew the shoulders forward and allowed the chin to sink upon the chest. I would then tense and forcibly bring the shoulder blades together as much as I could, throwing back the head as this was done. See Fig. 15. This I would repeat anywhere from twelve to eighteen times, giving complete contraction and extension of these powerful shoulder muscles.”

I didn't do the other finisher as I forgot to.

palindromo likes this.
  10. 02/05/2021

Hindu Squats 100

Hindu Push-ups 100

Table Bridges 100

Didn't do any rowing today as a mixture of not feeling I had enough time, as I has a few other things to do & not feeling like doing it.

Taking about 46:06

Thiugh I had still done these as a finisher before my stretches.

[​IMG]

Thinking of doing more than 6 reps for biceps and forearms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

palindromo likes this.
  11. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

12. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

1x22 regular pushups (warm up)
    1x22 diamond pushups (warm up)

1x16 spiderman pushups
    1x2 minute one-arm-pushup-plank (1 minute per arm)
    3x16 one-arm-pushups on 1/2 way (8 per arm)
    3x20 incline one-arm-pushups (10 per arm)
    1x10 pull ups with assisting feet
    1x20 leg raised pushups
    1x10 negative pull ups
    1x20 leg raised pushups
    1x10 negative pull ups
    3x8 dips
    3x16 decline pushups
    2x12 diamond + decline pushups

shoulder-exercises:
    3x12 seated db shoulder press (5 kg dumbbell)
    3x10 dumbbell bent over reverse fly
    3x16 muscle emotion
    3x10 leaning lateral raise

13. I have got to ask, where do you get ideas to make a routine like this?

palindromo likes this.
  14. 03/05/2021

Hindu Push-ups 100

Hindu Squats 100

Inverted Underhand Grip Rows 100

Table Bridges 100

Taking about 54:58

Added the underhand grip rows into my routine instead of doing after the squat thrusts. Will see how well this does for my routine and also work on different angles to see if I can go lower on the rows

Also Done these

[​IMG]

20 reps for biceps

10 for forearms

Feel I need a bit more work on keeping focus on the 2 hands going against eachother more.

[​IMG]

3 times holding for 12 seconds

[​IMG]

20 reps

palindromo likes this.
  15. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

I thought about this kind of routine, I started with the most difficult variation (for example first One-arm-Pushup after warmup) and then I go to softer variations after each one. Otherwise the difficult one can become impossible to do. But meanwhile the pushup-variations are more spontanous ;)

16. Fair enough, sounds like a good strategy. I'm debating about it myself for of I can't do my rows & looking for alternatives to interchange with my main routine.

palindromo likes this.
  17. Plank: 1 min X 3
    Left Side Plank: 30 seconds X 3
    Right Side Plank: 30 seconds X 3
    25lb Kettle Bell Swings: 25 X 3
    Russian Twists: 30 X 3
    Split Squat w/ 15lb dumbbells, left foot forward: 10 X 3
    Split Squat w/ 15lb dumbbells, right foot forward: 10 X 3
    Romanian Deadlifts w/ 15lb dumbbells: 30 X 1

Not necessarily in that order. Lots of rest between sets. That's abs, legs, and little bit of lower back.

BillyBobBoBoBo and palindromo like this.
  18. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

19. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Wow i'm in this challenge by 1 year
    it's a win

20. AlexBacker

AlexBacker Fapstronaut

thx for those techniques buddies!

palindromo likes this.