1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming the writer I want to be

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anakin66, Feb 24, 2020.

1. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Yeah but I think it would be a jerk move and I like the guy. I kind of disarmed him and got him to open up a little and he enjoyed the chat but I could see he was pissed at himself for opening up. Let me look on his wikipedia and see if struggling for a long time is part of his schtick. If it is I'll edit and add his name.

Image is everything to someone like that.

He crushed it in self help. That list can't be very long but hopefully long enough to create some question about who it is lol.

2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

708 words today. Chapter will more than likely be done tomorrow but I am busy in the morning so maybe not. Will be done Friday no matter what though so no biggie.

3. Finished the new article I was working on but I'm gonna set that aside for a while as I'm working to get all of my documentation together for work and I've started research for a book. :emoji_eye::emoji_eye:

GottaBFree and AtomicTango like this.
  4. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

I have started writing short stories lately. I wrote one last month and then started writing another, but I've been stuck on this one for a long time now. I just can't think of anything to continue the story even though I have decided the whole plot and even the scenes. I sometimes think if I should start writing another short story and complete this later.

5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

The classic writer's block. You aren't alone on that one. Sometimes you just need to take a break and go back to writing later.

What are your stories about?

6. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

Mostly tragedies.
    They involve infidelity, murder, suicide and stuff.

What do you usually write about?

7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Sci-fi, a little bit of horror. Wanting to get into transgressive fiction too.

8. I'm gonna work on an outline this morning and maybe begin some research notes for my book. But I kinda just want to focus on working on some haikus today so I'll see how it goes.

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1008 words today. Chapter is done.

10. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Well it's that time again. Time to order another book haul.

11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Not feeling up to planning the next chapter today. Will get to it at the weekend if I find the time and Monday if not.

12. How come? o:

In other news, I revised a few haikus but I'm not entirely done with them. This month may see fewer haikus from me than usual because I'm trying to get my job application done and work on a nonfiction book, write essays, etc.

13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Cause I'm running out of books lol, only have a few left to read.

Good luck with all that!

GottaBFree likes this.
  14. How many books do you have and how much will you get?

AtomicTango likes this.
  15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I have about 4 left but I wanted to treat myself a bit as I've been having a rough time with various ailments the last couple months so I decided to order early. Ordered 15 books.

16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Well today was going to be a day off but I ended up planning the next chapter, as it's a long one. Made the decision to scrap the ending of it, rework said ending, and then move the scrapped content into the chapter after. This way this chapter is slightly shorter, and the next chapter slightly longer. Regardless, this upcoming chapter is easily the longest, and I can see it being the one that pushes me to, or even beyond 500 pages.

GottaBFree likes this.
  17. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Precipitation.
    Vicious monsoon, faint drizzle.
    Suffice to say, rain.

18. greatvortex

greatvortex Fapstronaut

Good luck. Become the writer you've always dreamt of being. Experience in writing goes a long way so take every opportunity related to writing, whether that be working as an intern for a media company or write stories for fun because why not?

19. Oh my. The fact you can order 15 books impresses me. How much was it? And what did you get?

20. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I have not had a book haul since last year so I was able to afford it. I ordered

On Love and Barley: Matsuo Basho
    In the Miso Soup: Ryu Murakami
    The Violent Bear it Away: Flannery O'Connor
    A Little Hatred: Joe Abercrombie
    Things We Lost In The Fire: Marianna Enriquez
    The Memory Police: Yoko Ogawa
    Wyrd and Other Derelictions: Adam Nevill
    Book of Haiku: Jack Kerouac
    People From My Neighbourhood: Hiromi Kawakami
    The Face of Another: Kobo Abe
    Runaway Horses: Yukio Mishima
    Knockemstiff: Donald Ray Pollock