1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Prostitution can be good and sacred

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by modern milarepa, May 19, 2021.

1. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

60 replies on this thread already, that's a lot and it's going to get longer I guess.

2. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

Xander_, Augie, CarP and 1 other person like this.
  3. modern milarepa

Haha good one haha

4. as long as it works for you...

5. Fun historical fact. The Japanese government set up something called the Recreation and Amusement Association - brothels for Allied occupation troops with the intention of preventing rapes of Japanese women after our victory in the Pacific. It is suggested that when this system ended, incidents of sexual violence against Japanese women increased from 40 a day to 330 a day.

brassknucks, CarP and modern milarepa like this.
  6. Lilla_My

Lilla_My Fapstronaut

All guys is pro prostitution but no one wants their wife, mother, daughter or sister engage in it. Why is that, if prostitution is so freaking good? I have never gotten the answer to this question ever and I doubt I ever will.

7. there are many things you don't want people to do but those things can still have benefits and it's their freedom to do it

brassknucks likes this.
  8. Lilla_My

Lilla_My Fapstronaut

Of course, I could rob, use, rape and steal from people and it would all benefit me immensely, but I wouldn't want it happen to people close to me... or myself, right?

And before you say that many women do it out of free will, would you like it if your daughter did it out of free will?

9. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Because is a good perspective for a man to have a way to access sex without competition but is not so good perspective to imagine your relatives being stuffed by an undefined number of guys.

Conflicting ideas? Maybe, but both thoughts come from different places.

10. yes
    doesn't really matter
    well I'm not going to have kids so this is really not a personal issue

11. Lilla_My

Lilla_My Fapstronaut

So if your daughter would love it, it would be an amazing thing? I mean, you would want the best for her right?

12. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

People are not binary characters, either totally virtuous or whores. You’re just trying to use shame as an argument and that’s weak. (Oh how dare you horny men be pro prostitutes, would you want your mom or sister doing that?!”) Of course most people wouldn’t want their relatives to be hookers but they can still take a pro prostitution stance at the same time and that’s not a conflict between the two.

CarP likes this.
  13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'm a virgin, but for me the idea of prostitution goes against what I would want from sex, and what I believe sex should be about. I believe it should be between two people who care about each other, not a soulless, mechanical transaction.

I also dont buy into the argument that sleeping with prostitutes would help me as a virgin. If anything knowing I needed to resort to paying for sex would make me feel worse about myself, not better.

Supination and Lilla_My like this.
  14. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

That's some reasoning I don't agree with.
    You can love something and still be bad for you.

I mean what you are asking is something very interesting, because it puts in conflict two different aspects, in one side you the self interest argument of getting sex without the effort of finding a partner, hence the pro-prostitution argument.

On the other side you have the argument that I would not like my daughter doing it, coming from a sense of that kind of activity being degrading and harmful for the person.

They might argue they have the free will to do it, and some have huge economical profits from it, and that's also true.

But then why you would not like your daughter to do it? and enjoy that freedom and economical gains?

The answer seems quite obvious to me, men who argue that way, are actually against prostitution, they see it as degrading and harmful regardless of the economical side of it, yet they still want to have the option of easy access to sex available.

It most likely comes from a sense of "regarless of it being degrading and harmful, as soon as it not my relative or someone I genuinely care about, they are doing it because they want to and having a benefict from it, and so I can have access to sex without the effort" you could say that a person that thinks that way, regardless of what they say, they have a double standard, in an attempt to get the best of both viewpoints.

Otherwise, if the reasoning happened to be coherent, they would either approve their daughter to be a prostitute, and be pro-prostitution, or be against prostitution and don't approve their daughter being one.

Is basically a double standard, if it's someone I care about is not ok, because of what I really think, if is someone I don't care about is ok because I want my access to easy sex, for whatever reason, maybe integrated insecurity, laziness, or whatever.

Lilla_My likes this.
  15. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

The gynocracy only approves of women getting their rocks off if that’s what they want, but oh noes if it’s a whole bunch of men doing it, there’s going to be hell to pay because all these men’s sexual needs don’t matter and it’s just not virtuous gimme a f’ing break!

16. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Rollo has a great video related to this topic “Why men need sex” he goes super in depth and covers all the arguments and attitudes about it. Its pretty long, watch it on the weekend or when you have spare time.

17. InnerMan

InnerMan Fapstronaut

Cool. I'm Muslim but I've found enormous value in the Buddhist and Hindu traditions - they have developed the inner sciences and arts to an incredible degree. I've spent time in monasteries as well. Then this thing called wife and kids happened and the rest is history!

modern milarepa likes this.
  18. modern milarepa

I wouldn't mind my daughter to be a prostitute. If you live worried about other people choices of forcing people to live life according to your own standards that is oppression.

Women are smart, I'll trust my daughter if she thinks prostitution is her path I'll alow it.

SickSicko likes this.
  19. modern milarepa

Haha

20. I've never officially been part of a monastic community/order. If anything I live more like a hermit.

No worries. I'm in no rush really. Don't feel like you have to respond. I think our views/beliefs are so different that I'm sure we will not get past the agreeing to disagree stage. :cool::D