1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

** Starting a week without social media **

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Achievement, May 31, 2021.

1. Achievement

Achievement Fapstronaut

Hey.
    So, yesterday I started a personal challenge which is one week without social media.
    As a part of my challenge I installed "Site blocker" addon to my internet browser
    and I also downloaded "Appblock" application to my cellphone.

My challenge is simple-
    To abstain myself from accessing Facebook, Instagram and TikTok for one week.
    So far I completed 24 hours. I'll keep you updated!

Date started: 30/05/2021
    Goal: 05/06/2021

2. I quit 97% of social media Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and Discord. I mainly use Guilded and Net forums now as substitutes for social media. as for Tik Tok I've never used it and I cannot motivate myself to use it.

3. Good for you! Social media has made us distant, isolated, turned us into loud-mouthed bullies, and unable at times to handle actual human contact.
    I wish you the best as you undertake this challenge.

4. Achievement

Achievement Fapstronaut

That's exactly why I want to take a short break from it.
    A couple of days ago I downloaded an app on my cellphone which is called "App Usage"
    and the amount of time that I spent on Tiktok and Instagram (per day) is pretty high..
    On average 2 hours on Tiktok and 2-3 hours on Instagram.
    I mainly used those apps at work out of boredom but still it doesn't worth it.
    I'd prefer to connect with real people at my job instead of living a virtual life.
    Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

5. Nugget9

Nugget9 Fapstronaut

Social media is so disruptive to outside life and real world experiences, I don't use any and it's wonderful.

6. skullfull7

skullfull7 Fapstronaut

The more social media you use, the more anxiety you'll have and less successful you"ll become, and the more distant you'll be with real people, and that is a fact, and you need to quit forever, I quit lots of thing, social media hijacks your brain, you're constantly thinking 24 hours/24 on other, scandals, non important news.. When you quit social media and other garbage cheap dopamine activities, your whole 24 hours is either spent on helping you and helping other, imagine that improve your life even by a little every single day, I have improved in a 1 year quitting bad habits more Than I did in a lifetime, but keep in mind it's an addiction, in the long term quitting you need a plan and serious outlook on why to quit, it's no easy to quit social media and video Binging, good luck :)

AlphaGod and Nugget9 like this.
  7. My wife is super addicted to TikTok, FB, Insta and Whatsapp. We can never do anything together because she always prioritizes her phone over me. So we fight all times because of it. As you can see, social media can ruin your life in many aspects, This is just one of it.