1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

do cold approaches like angry picnics videos work or fake?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by TheCarver, Jun 2, 2021.

1. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

i been binge watching all his vids to see if it would give me some sort of confidence cause i suffer from social anxiety, but i still don’t have the balls to do it. thats what i was wondering if it was that easy to cold approach someone, say something totally random and get someones number?

because online dating has really sucked for me and never worked unfortunately so i don’t got any other options and i am extremely lonely.

i been taking therapy, im been on nofap now for like a week and half, on medication called “lexapro” which i was desperate enough to get to see if it would help me actually approach someone but the medicine hasn’t worked so far, but i guess ill have to be patient because my doc says it takes 4 to 6 weeks and i am on like my 2nd week.

it certainly isn’t helping my depression which it was meant for.

i don’t wanna go out and see any type of couples cause it makes me sad and angry, i don’t want to go to my job because of it, don’t want to get my drivers license, ect. i just want to die honestly.

anywho, went off topic. but does anyone else have any successfully pickup stories that were cold approaches?

2. Honestly if you need confidence with talking to people you have to get out and be active, before I joined the navy I was super introverted and couldn’t even call someone. Now I can talk to people pretty easily but I still hate public speaking. But how do you fix that? You get out and do public speaking on a small scale and work your way up, and be confident about what you are presenting. Are you confidently presenting to women your best self?

3. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

no. i actually did a first cold approach months back on a girl at a coffee shop and i did get her number but my hand was shaking. but short story short never got a text back.

4. ByTheRiver777

ByTheRiver777 Fapstronaut

Why not join some type of social circle and meet people through that?

Like a sports club or something of that shit.

Cold approaching is fake and doesn't work. Meet womxn (womxn is the new politically correct term) organically and develop a relationship with them over time.

5. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Not getting a text back, is part of the game. Despite having social anxiety you got her interested enough to let you contact her. So on to the next.

Rents77 likes this.
  6. She likely gave you a fake number or gave it to you out of feeling bad.

7. Or she gave him a fake number

8. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

Of course it works but you have to practice it a lot, and reflect upon your social competence to improve it. Don't expect that things should go in a particular way, just do it, see what happens and follow the flow. I've had some success running around approaching women at bars/night clubs, I personally think that's the best way to learn as a beginner. Never really approached women during the day like that, except for a few times, but a lot of people are doing it and are meeting lovely girls that way.

9. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

No it's not.

10. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

no it was real cause i looked it up. but i most likely fucked up because i texted her like 10 mins after our conversation.

11. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Dude you're overthinking it. There are gazillion possible reasons for why someone might end up not answering you, some of which don't even have anything to do with you. There's no point in overanalyzing every single encounter you have with women. This is one of the reasons why you probably shouldn't watch PUA-shit on YouTube. It makes you neurotic and gives you a super weird view on women and social situations. For every person who manages to get something positive out of those videos there is a bunch of guys whose fear of social situations is increased because they get super self conscious about every single move they make. I used to be one of them and you seem to be becoming one too.

brassknucks and kropo82 like this.
  12. ByTheRiver777

ByTheRiver777 Fapstronaut

Yes it is.

13. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

im sorry but whats a PUA?

and the only reason i kept over analyzing it cause i thought i was ugly and thats the reason i got rejected, and i get paranoid cause i been told i was ugly before.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  14. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Pick up artists

15. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

I have watched 19 seconds of the clip in the OP, I would bet money on the girl in the video being a paid actress.

Most of these kinds of videos are faked.

16. I just want to know why the picnic is angry.

WalkingForward and TheCarver like this.
  17. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

that or places like arizona actually have outgoing, friendly people and i live in toledo, ohio of all places.

18. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Pick up artist. Idk what word these types of people use for themselves nowadays. I've understood that the term pick up artist grew out of fashion when some PUA coach told his followers to grab women by throat or something along those lines. Anyways the type of content I'm referring to is videos of men approaching women with roaring success and teaching some weird social tricks (of widely varying quality) to be more attractive to women.

You in the profile pic? You're allright imo for what it's worth. If you can't shake the feeling of not being good enough, I'd recommend getting some professional help. Or you could also try finding some tips online for improving self esteem, but that's not as reliable of a method.

Yeah, I didn't watch it before but now that you said this, I decided to take a look and holy crap that seems... Unlikely to be realistic to put it charitably. One doesn't just simply hurl a ton of compliments at a random girl and try to push for a kiss and get a positive reaction.

19. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Cold approach works, it just that it’s similar to dieting and exercise, no one wants to do it because they don’t wanna put in the work. They want things handed to them; they want Staceys approaching them despite not being a Gigachad themselves.

20. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

If you at least get to fit Ottermode, despite not being a Chad, you will do decent approaching women. They don’t wanna be approached by some disheveled fat neckbeard autist that stuffed himself with McDonald’s last night.