1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2021

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AtomicTango, Jun 11, 2021.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

What do you guys hope for/expect from this year's E3 show?

My face when Nintendo finally re-reveals Metroid Prime 4 or the rumoured Trilogy collection.

[​IMG]

My face when they dont and I'm cucked for another year.

[​IMG]

Taylor25 likes this.
  2. Elden Ring was finally revealed. That's all I care about now. :emoji_joy:

EDIT: Actually, Star Field comes to mind. That could be interesting, if they do it right. My faith in Bethesda has (likely obviously :p) wavered these past few years, with Fallout 76's awful release and Fallout 4 being, in my opinion, not a very good Fallout game, but... we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2021
    gordie and ByTheRiver777 like this.
  3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'm glad you're excited for that. Honestly, I'm not. It just looks like another Dark Souls game except this time you are riding a horse in it. A big part of the appeal of Souls for me was discovering new areas and characters and foes and almost everything shown in the trailer looks like stuff I've seen in past games. I mean how many times are they going to recycle the "gothic city at night cast in moonlight" trope?

4. ByTheRiver777

ByTheRiver777 Fapstronaut

Elden Rings finally. Hope it comes to pc

gordie likes this.
  5. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

im such a sucker for these games though…

6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'm being a hypocrite with the criticism honestly cause I love Yakuza and those games are also extremely repetitive. I dont know, I feel like each time a new Fromsoft game comes out they move further and further away from what I actually like about them. The sense of mystery is lost when the areas and enemies are just recycled concepts from past games. I mean have you seen the plot synopsis of Elden Ring? They went to the effort of hiring GRR Martin and the plot is literally the same as Dark Souls' plot, just with different words to mean the same things.

I'm also approaching this from the perspective of someone who really didn't like Sekiro.

gordie likes this.
  7. Breath of the Wild 2. Also, long shot but can't help myself: Mother 3 localization.

D_rax likes this.
  8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

The former I would say is quite likely. The latter though...

[​IMG]

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing Starfield. I imagine we will see it tomorrow.

Taylor25 likes this.
  10. Pretty much. I gave up years ago and played the fan-translation. Still, would like to actually purchase a legit copy and have it on my Switch.

I'm also interested on what Oculus is going to reveal. I hear there's a VR Assassin's Creed in the works, that had definitely peeked my interest.

Also I heard a rumor about a new 3d Donkey Kong. That would be pretty cool. But don't expect it at all.

11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Nintendo are allergic to making logical decisions sometimes. For example, I desperately want to replay the Metroid Prime Trilogy, but I basically cant do it legally. I easily could just pirate the games and I'm not even opposed to that, but I would much rather own a physical copy and Nintendo wont let me. I mean, if Nintendo wont provide the product, but also keep shutting down people who will, then wtf am I supposed to do?

gordie likes this.
  12. I'm not looking for any game news in particular, and I don't think I'll hear of the next Witcher lol so I'm just going to really enjoy the vibes :) I'm very excited

D_rax likes this.
  13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

There's a Witchercon event soon but they have already confirmed they wont show a new game there, so I have to question what the point is of having the event at all.

14. How the f didn't I knew about this? Probably because I have zero interest in the series. Thanks for telling me anyways. Longing for a port of W1 and W2 to PS4, or even Thronebreaker on Mac would make me happy, or a standalone Gwent game, but I'm not having any hopes up. I just watched the 12s trailer to the season 2 and I just cannot... Series Ciri... I cannot... No hate to the actress but still...

15. I hear you. The lack of legacy content is atrocious. Nintendo is sitting on a gold mine. They have the largest install base they've ever had in their history... people are super interested and getting into Nintendo again... children and older folks like me who played the Game Boy, NES, Super NES, N64 then skipped the GameCube, Wii and Wii-U generations. This is there golden opportunity to get new players interested in their IPs like Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Donkey Kong, Pikmin etc. And yet the only legacy content we are getting is on NSO- and that we are being drip-fed. Where's Mario RPG? Where's Earthbound? Where's Chrono Trigger? And that's just the SNES generation. Where are all those N64 games we want to play? It's super frustrating.

I can just imagine a kid who got really into Luigi's Mansion 3- which was a superb game- and wanted to play the first two installments. Can he? Nope, says Nintendo. Well he could but he'd have to find a working GameCube, D3S and the cartridges. Nintendo is really dropping the ball here. Metroid Prime Trilogy is another prime example.

My favorite Nintendo YTer made a vid about this.

Speaking of Metroid, wtf is going on with Metroid 4? Or more like, what's going on at Retro Studios? They haven't published anything since Donkey Kong, and we heard that they were working on Metroid Prime 4 but then we heard that Bandai Namco was developing. Then we heard development was restarted under Retro again. So what have they been doing these last 8 years since Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze?

Taylor25 likes this.
  16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

dogecomehere.jpg

Netflix when they see a beloved property they haven't ruined yet.

17. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

If Nintendo wanted to exist in the modern world they would have come up with the concept of Xbox Game Pass before Xbox did, and applied it to old titles. Pay a subscription fee and get access to everything from their back catalogue. Even if it worked like Netflix, with games from other developers coming and going, that would be ideal. But no, they flirted with Virtual Console for a few years and then just abandoned it for no reason. I know you can pay for Switch Online to get games and I guess its's similar to what I described, but I suppose my issue is it isnt good enough.

Metroid Prime Trilogy was a collection they must have printed like 10 copies of, I think I've seen it in an actual shop once. Not to mention, I dont want to play the versions with shoehorned motion controls, which is why I want the game on Switch. I would have the same issue with Skyward Sword, a game I didn't like at the time because its controls didn't work at all for me, if not for the upcoming port. But the fact the port is full price is a whole other issue.

Retro are the ones making it. They restarted development on the OG version because it wasn't up to standards. I'm glad honestly, I think Retro understand Metroid better than the people who created it. Keep in mind the guy who invented Samus was the same guy who bastardised her character in Other M.

18. Yeah Nintendo does it's own thing, they don't care what anybody thinks. That some people happen to like their games and buy them seems incidental. There are so many examples where they don't listen to player feedback, but the funny thing is they get away with it.

I just watched the Ubisoft presentation because I was bored. No VR Assassin's Creed. The only game I was interested in was the new Mario + Rabbids.

19. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Can confirm on the Nintendo Switch. I grew up with games and missed every major Nintendo release in the last 10-15 years. Now I’m 31 and the device is awesome for playing old Mario shit.

I know people get pissed off but handheld and backlogged Nintendo games are a killer deal for casuals.

20. Finally they show a bit of muh Avatar!! I still had the old game...i think a ubisoft open world in Pandora will be great.