1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

...Had another strong urge right after 2 minutes long cold shower. To extinguish it I had to go to the garden and recite some holy scriptures aloud :)...and it did the trick for me ! We can find so many excuses to expose ourselves to dangerous situations only to barely escape later on.

2. I_cant_lose

I_cant_lose Fapstronaut

Checking in -->

After a hard week since restart , I'm slowly getting back on track.
    + 3 days

3. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Just finished watching 'Monster hunter' movie with Kevin Durand starring. At the end they killed the monster and have a relieve that danger had passed when they suddenly realized that there many more monsters coming towards them and there is no knowing if they will survive the night. Those monsters are like urges you killed one and its really not a time to relax until ' the night ' is over. Brothers stay ready whenever they come !

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  4. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

5. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

This time I didn't even reach a full week. Forgive me my brothers for I have failed as my internet was installed the past days and some stress along with hungover weakness got me quite good.
    The good news is... This week I will be at home and with the internet having the great opportunity to start some great habits and get back into productivity.

There is an annoying thing in the sentences I say to myself and I am curious how are you formulating them in such a way that you also listen to them? I noticed that I say " I need to do this..." but later, I find myself totally not doing anything I say that "I need" to do.
    I would really appreciate some tips.
    Also, I have the kidney stone removal procedure tomorrow so wish me luck!

6. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 25,

Still having major urges today, have not fished and trying to use creative outlets for my energy. Dangerous day Fellowshiop.

Best to you all and here is to a strong week forward!

7. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Change "I need to do this" this is making it turn into an obligation for you, thus adding stress. This may lead you to avoid with procrastination. Try "I want to do this because (add reason why it will be beneficial for your development" Work on correction of the auto phrase in your mind, as "I need to do this" might be a knee-jerk thought for you. Rewire the brain.

Also, maybe you're over charging your current capacity. Start with small goals and work your way up.

I.e : If you don't workout at all, start with 1 small workout a week. Commit to that for a month, then add another day. Sure you might think its not enough, but its 4 days more a month than you were doing in the past.

Hope that helped!

Also, all the best for your procedure tomorrow!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  8. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

9. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

10. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Thanks, bro! I'm already feeling better. Right now I'm working on patience, since the new beginings seems to be slower then the further part of the journey.

11. Day 2 complete!

@EpsilonDelta Thank you for the explanation! I definitely see how stuff like that can work its way into our lives and hinder our recoveries so I'll be sure to continue avoiding them. And cool username btw.

I got some exercise today and spent plenty of time with my family. Not much to report. I intend to keep it that way!

12. Baby Yoda

Baby Yoda Fapstronaut

Day 7
    almost an Uruk-Hai
    I am finding that I am still having pretty regular urges but I am getting back on track with dealing with them correctly. I am surprised I am already on Day 7. Just gotta keep my feet moving.

I start my new job this week and I will be working 9 1/2 hours a day as a summer school teacher. I am honestly very excited for this and it gives me more things to do during the day so my mind will have less time to wander to other things. Plus I'm hoping that I might find a new passion through this program that I am doing. So this is a big week for me fellowship!

13. 1john4:4

1john4:4 Fapstronaut

14. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 6 check-in - The Dark Fortress, Barad-dûr

rotten_tomato, HE^MAN, MS PBH and 9 others like this.
  15. Are-we-there-yet?

Are-we-there-yet? Fapstronaut

I'm in! I'm doing this challenge with you all! I've done 1 clean day thus far. I'm running with the orcs at the moment. But I'll get there!

16. Are-we-there-yet?

Are-we-there-yet? Fapstronaut

Hey man! That's really great! I'm starting summer classes tomorrow myself, as a student though. I relate with being excited about it. Especially in regards to keeping me occupied. I hope it really works out for you man. Keep us posted!

17. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

13 days. Lots of urges during my hangover yesterday, and the only focus of the day was to rest. I have previously PMO'd when alone and hungover but managed to pull it through this time, and I won't be touching alcohol for a while now.

Wish you all a good start on the week!

18. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

Day 2

Always hard on the first couple of days.

I’m after a much-needed vacation with friends. Starting fresh on the job hunt quest.

Today’s goal is just not being in the bathroom with my phone. If I’ll do it I’ll 100% get through the day without problems.

19. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

You've got to keep high morals and respect for yourself, for pupils to trust you. People, generally, feel the vibration of guilt, shame and unworthiness and don't really want to be around those who emit it from the core of their beings.