1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming the writer I want to be

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anakin66, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Oh I like these. They're all so vastly different. How do you like the book so far?

AtomicTango likes this.
  2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Fields speckled crimson.
    Stone teeth grow towards the sky.
    Fallen warriors

3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I like it a lot. I sit in my garden and read a short section at a time.

aspiringwriter1997 likes this.
  4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

6131 words this week, taking me up to 527 pages. I think I may try to get the next two chapters done before I take my break, as they are both short and serve only to link up to more exciting later chapters that follow.

5. And what kind of garden do you have?

6. jar-of-clay

jar-of-clay Fapstronaut

More actionable and uplifting. I like this a lot. It starts with power and leaves you with result. Good job!

7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Wrote so little today I wont even count what I wrote. Had to take several phone calls that went on for most of my allocated writing time. Will get back to it properly tomorrow.

8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Welcome to the thread! Do you do any writing?

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Pretty big one by working-class UK standards. We have a small patio at the front that leads out onto a lawn with an apple tree and lots of flowers and bushes. We have cats that live in the garden as well as various birds and squirrels.

10. jar-of-clay

jar-of-clay Fapstronaut

Yes as a matter of fact I do. I have written two books and have one in the hopper. I need to accountability to daily write and then I found this thread. Was super grateful. I have an ongoing blog that constantly requires my writing so this is a good thing. But it is nice to have other authors to push my forward.

AtomicTango likes this.
  11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

That's really great to hear. What kinds of books do you write?

12. Oh you live in the UK? That's awesome. It does sound like a fairly quaint and peaceful place to read and just spend the afternoon relaxing.

Wrote a new haiku this morning as a sequel to the one I wrote a few weeks ago that began with "Letting myself go"

13. jar-of-clay

jar-of-clay Fapstronaut

Nonfiction Christian living. Not preaching but life gleaning and stories. I tackle deep things in tangible ways. What about you?

14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

It definitely can be, as long as the weather is alright as it is now!

15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Interesting. I write sci-fi.

jar-of-clay likes this.
  16. jar-of-clay

jar-of-clay Fapstronaut

What kind of sci-fi? You have any books currently published? It sounds like your new one is going to epically sized.

17. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'd say the most accurate way to describe it is space opera, with some elements of horror thrown in. I have one book written (in first draft stage, aiming to go back to that), am currently writing book 2, there is a third after that. I have also written a handful of short stories and a novella. None are published yet because up to the novels they were all practice. And yeah, book 2 is looking like it is going to be around 600 pages.

18. jar-of-clay

jar-of-clay Fapstronaut

So they are in a series connected to one another or stand alone? 600 pages is half a war and peace novel. Wow! Congratulations on your commitment.

19. Bloggertobe

Bloggertobe Fapstronaut

This is such a cool thread! I have a question for everyone here although it might sound quite cliche. I have always wanted to write short stories but whenever I sit down to write, my work just doesn't seem good enough. I don't know if it's the words that I use or the plot. I have time and time again tried to cultivate a writing habit but the quality of my work demotivates me until I give up. Do you guys have any idea how I could overcome this?

Henryforward and AtomicTango like this.
  20. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1431 words. Back on track to be done by the end of the week.