1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is your favorite villain?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by modern milarepa, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Oh man, I can't believe I didn't think of him!
    And Pris was pretty damn cool, too...
    [​IMG]

2. The movie may have been pretty corny, but Frank Langella played a truly creepy Skeletor:
    [​IMG]

modern milarepa likes this.
  3. Missed opportunities, contradictions, lack of continuity... I swear, I could make a whole thread ranting about that show, that's how much I've watched it. :emoji_joy: But eh... maybe some day.

4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I find a lot to enjoy in Voyager but I agree with your assessment. It's probably the most inconsistent of the 80's-90's Trek shows. Brilliant premise, wildly erratic execution. Some of the best characters (or at least most entertaining) and some of the worst/most boring as well. For me it straddles that middle ground where on one hand it's just TNG with a worse cast and on the other it's DS9 but with no genuine consequences to any of the darker stuff they try to do (like year of hell.)

I dont think I can decide what my favourite episodes are, they tend to move up and down when I rewatch. One with a special place in my heart however is "The Visitor." While I enjoyed the series immensely from the start, it was that episode that really made me realise that this show had the potential to be better than TNG (which I had only just finished watching just before I watched DS9)

[​IMG]

Mixolydian likes this.
  5. Damn it, I forgot about "The Visitor"! That was probably the only episode in all of Star Trek that brought a tear to my eye. So good.

6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

There are very few episodes of DS9 I actively dislike. At worst some are boring, and there are some that stood out to me on my rewatch as being kinda baffling (the one where Jadzia is willing to abandon her life and the life of the symbiote just to go live on a vanishing planet with a man she met like a week prior is INSANELY out of character to me) but on the whole I enjoy most episodes. I think this is why it edges out TNG for me. I actually dont dislike the first two seasons but it's hard to argue that they arent worse than what came later, and honestly I found season 7 to be lacklustre too on my recent rewatch of that. To me TNG has 4 excellent seasons sandwiched in-between weaker seasons, while DS9 starts off better than how TNG started, gets better over time, and then more or less maintains that quality to the end.

Vorlon likes this.
  7. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

Haven't watched DS9 yet. But I remember the TNG's episode that Data made a daughter for himself was very sad for me.

8. levya

levya Fapstronaut

16. İlletyus
    [​IMG]

9. Me and my family despise that episode for that very reason. Jadzia (eventually) becomes a sort of free-spirited kind of gal, arguably trampy, but obviously unwilling to settle down so quickly. Even with Worf, it took time and she still didn't have to abandon her symbiote's life and her career to be with him. Why she suddenly turns around and does something that's a complete 180 to her character baffles me so much so that-

...Screw it, I'm making a Star Trek thread.

10. pancakebaker99

pancakebaker99 Fapstronaut

King Ghidorah three head dragon from space that likes destroying planets for fun very cool character.
    [​IMG]

11. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    Griffith from Berserk.

12. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I thought the post was about villains

13. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    Griffith
    Did
    Nothing

SickSicko likes this.
  14. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

A shame? Why do you think he was all that you liked?

Atticus likes this.
  15. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

Speaking of villains and star wars,

And then we have Morrowind,