1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Video Games

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by TranquilTyrant, Jun 2, 2021.

1. let's stay on topic :)

Kung_fu_panda_ likes this.
  2. Austin88

Austin88 Fapstronaut

Yep. 1990s to 2000s. There were maybe 10 classics in the 2010s but now games are too safe. You have a pointer to tell you where to go, objectives on screen, GPS, a map and microtransactions if you want to win the game. Every game is connected to the game servers via the Internet and it isn't the game won't start up. The release date of a game isn't the actual date when the game comes out. It's always a couple of years of DLCs before the whole game is available, in between daily updates and reboots. Games look very pretty today but gameplay wise they're boring to anyone that's a true gamer.

3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I agree, but this mainly applies to big budget AAA games and there are exceptions. If you want to play stuff that is more interesting smaller budget games are generally better.

I think for me the issue is most big titles nowadays fit into three stagnant categories. Open world borefests where you see everything the game has to offer within the first few hours but the game doesnt end for another 30. Or hyper linear titles with no room to make the game interesting, essentially on rails. Or live service games that are designed to entrap you into their ecosystem.

What kind of modern games do you like? I'd be interested in offering some recommendations. It's not all bad, just mostly lmao.

CarP likes this.
  4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Regarding open world games nowadays...

I cant be the only one who gets legit anxiety over the way some of these games are structured? Like they seem like time-traps where you enjoy the first few hours, get bored after that, but by that point you are already invested so you see it through, then afterwards wonder why you bothered. I cannot tell if my brain is easily manipulated by games like this, or if it's something to do with wanting to maximise value for money, or something else. But I don't play many nowadays because it's always the same song and dance.

5. I was about to disagree, because when I’m presented with an open world trust and believe I’m going to do every single quest and find every single item, but then I remembered Odyssey

6. Austin88

Austin88 Fapstronaut

I like survival horror like Resident Evil 4 and The Evil Within (2014). RPGs like Final Fantasy 12 and Dragon Age: Origins. FPS games like Doom 3, the original Crysis. Stealth games like the first four Hitman games. Didn't like Absolution and the whole "instinct" thing. I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas. 4 was good but lacked the whole Fallout feeling. Felt like a post apocalytic shooter rather than an RPG. Now I'm currently playing the first Dead Space. Basically every one of the series I have mentioned have become streamlined to cater to the average Cod player.

7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Absolutely patrician taste.

[​IMG]

I'm struggling to think of games to recommend actually because I love those games too and have had trouble to find new games in those genres I like. Apparently Dead Space is being rebooted and I'm willing to bet it ends up exactly how you described. I mean shit, already happened with 3.

Austin88 likes this.
  8. I love Dino Crisis Saga, I wish to play Dino Crisis 3 Someday.

Kung_fu_panda_ likes this.
  9. zeke27

zeke27 Fapstronaut

Didn't like Dino crisis 3

Mr.Tony likes this.
  10. You need to play it with a Hunger for Futuristic Life and a good taste for space travelling.

It's not made for people of this era, just like if GTA V was released during the Wild West Time 1850's it will be hated as hell, games of that era will be appreciated more.

11. zeke27

zeke27 Fapstronaut

bro I'm 20 yrs old, so I can say that those games were from my age. I just don't like it because it shifted the whole theme of the game. Dino Crisis 1 & 2 were both similar and then you got the 3 and I was like "what?"

Mr.Tony likes this.
  12. Dino Crisis ~ During the Present
    Dino Crisis 2 ~ During the Past
    Dino Crisis 3 ~ During the Future

Nothing seem to change in my end.
    Besides Dino Crisis 1 was based on Survival Horror and Dino Crisis 2 was based on Shooting Dinosaures and earning Points to buy weapons with, every game was different.

13. zeke27

zeke27 Fapstronaut

The games changed their perspectives but for me the first and the second were very similar

Mr.Tony likes this.
  14. Regina ~ ;) Isn't it ?

15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Odyssey was a game I actually enjoyed weirdly enough, I think because from the start I decided I was never going to do everything.

I think what causes this internal dilemma is the obsessive part of my personality coming up against the rational part of it. It's the same internal conflict that leads to me chasing platinum trophies I KNOW will make me hate the game I'm getting them for.

16. zeke27

zeke27 Fapstronaut

it's not that, just that I didn't get the transition between the 2 and the 3, was like a bad shift in the story of the franchise but I'd like to see a remake at least of the first one.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  17. Max Payne, Half-Life, Vice City, Heroes 4(dont ask why, just love playing that game altough everybody was hating it). I don't have time for games now, didnt play for over 2 years, but i grew up with late 90s-early 2000s gaming era, and so many classics came out during that time, I was always fan of single-playing games, and spent hours playing Warcraft 3,The Movies, Prince of Persia trilogy, Tomb Raider... Aaah childehood memories.

18. Good list ngl

Cirilla likes this.
  19. Lol thanks I regret being so cocky in this post cause now I place HZD as Blood and Wine’s equal

Fallacious D likes this.
  20. Where did you play it ? I never had the chance to play it though... Sadly.