1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I love God

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

That’s it. I love God. I love His will. I am free in the spirit of Christ.

2. Ah, fishing for debates, I see. I do a bit of that myself. Carry on good sir.

3. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Me too. Created nature. Beauty

4. I love him too ( Blindly of course )

Logically ( Not really...) i think i have many questions that require deep conviencing answers.

Not all Life Stories! Love God or Even have any respect toward them, he was the one who drop them inside such harsh ugly hellish reality, for what reason ? Testing their Abilities to Resist ? His own Entertainment ? They love them ?...

Well... Yea of course if you have a Great Life and you have everything doing super well starting from your health and going to the quality of life, explain to me why not love him ????

There are people who doesn't have the very very very required minimal things to live a simple life.

-----

Honestly, I have nothing against it, according to my life i love him too, from my deepest heart, what i mentioned above has nothing to do with being arrogant or fearful it's just a logical truth that i did shine some light on, that's it.

gordie likes this.
  5. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

I am actually not trying to start a debate, I have read and really enjoyed different atheist writers and podcasters.

6. imagine being athiest xD

7. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Nietzche is pretty based. Vast majority of his followers aren't.

gordie likes this.
  8. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

My faith in God outweighs their love of Funkopop, so I always found it difficult to relate.

BugsBunny555 and Arez01 like this.
  9. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

His book On the Genealogy of Morals was the first and last time I had a crisis of faith since my mind opened itself to the idea of God. In my opinion it’s the most scathing polemic on Christianity because he claims it was birthed in a moral failing. It’s a good book, and I think some of the other tracts it goes down are still (very) valid today, but the religious stuff was a difficult challenge to my religious side.

I’ve read everything except the Antichrist but my favorite stuff by Nietzsche is his work on the Presocratics and the Greeks, since the Greeks and Romans are my favorite philosophers.

10. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

I hope God heals you of your fetishistic and weak mind so you can understand the beauty of His work.

11. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Gonna reply before this thread gets nuked. And people get sanctioned, unfortunately.

I've only been able to watch youtube analysis of him, and I know they are always biased and have their worldview

His books are quite short correct?

12. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Yes but they're tough if you haven't read some of the Greeks or at least have a good idea what they're about. Nietzsche was a philologist (he translated Ancient Greek and Latin texts, and wrote books on word choices) and his books are generally around the idea that aspects of the West were born out of philosophical failures in Ancient Greece.

Also, when you do decide to start reading Nietzsche, you should start with his first book The Birth of Tragedy, which is about artistic trends in Ancient Greece and Nietzsche's Germany and go in order. You'll have a much easier time if you read his book in order and have some grounding in Greek thought.

Edit: I do want to say though that Nietzsche isn't Hegel or Kant hard; he's actually an easy philosopher relatively if you get some idea of why he's writing his books, and read them in order.

13. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

I have the play about Socrates trial and death. I skimmed through in a phil class.

Wasn't into phil back then cause I thought it was pretentious and worthless, but I'll give it a serious read one of these days, because its very crucial to understand phil.

14. Oddly enough. I don't give god a gender. I call God by God. The creator is a source...

15. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

I think people might argue to a degree, and I know it's a meme to "start with the Greeks" but here's an argument Nietzsche introduces in Twilight of the Idols (the introduction of the central argument, actually):
    He then weaves through the main points derived from Socrates to argue that they were born from a corrupted mind.

Same is true (to some degree) of The Birth of Tragedy, Genealogy of Morals, etc. etc. Nietzsche's critique of Christianity is based on his critique of Ancient Greek. So I'm not just saying "start with the Greeks"-- the guy's writings almost circle around the Greeks entirely.

BugsBunny555 likes this.
  16. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

I'll keep that in mind thank you.

17. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Bye

18. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

19. Austin88

Austin88 Fapstronaut

People be creating these threads just to attention seek, and here I am desperately looking for help in my thread. This is proof that if there is a god he genuinely doesn't care. lol

20. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

God gave humanity free will.