1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Utterly lost, suicide thoughts

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by greenishmoon, May 22, 2021.

1. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

In an oversimplified answer... Depression is what makes one "flat". Losing interest in everything around one. Anxiety on the other hand is what makes one go wild with negative thoughts. Fear, stress, deep emotions over imaginary potential events.

As I said... The above is an OVERSIMPLIFIED answer (and from a non-professional but a patient of both depression and anxiety).

2. Kung_fu_panda_

Kung_fu_panda_ Fapstronaut

If the person have both situations then?

CAKCy likes this.
  3. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

Then one has a comorbid condition that needs to be treated differently than anxiety or depression on their own.

Kung_fu_panda_ likes this.
  4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

5. Kung_fu_panda_

Kung_fu_panda_ Fapstronaut

I am suffering such situations...

6. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

I am fucking mad at hoy my therapists deny to give me even such a simple explanation.

Their saying come and go, one of them gave me three kind of pills (for depression allegedly, they were "sertralina" in spanish, that's the one I remember the most), the one after that took off them saying that I didn't need them.
    Then I've been recommended to start again TWO times. Right now I have a job that I want to keep but I am screaming from my lungs to get a grip of it and release tension. I am no longer depressed but I live about to explode at any minute.

Oh and the same one told me I didn't need them and then after some time that I should think about it so I'm really confused.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  7. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

Bro this did nothing years ago but I am reconsidering talking to a psychiatrist. What's your experience?.
    I fear feeling my body weak again, and I fear to be asleep and damaging my brain and body with them.

8. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

It sounds very much like anxiety to me and you should be treated for it. I found comfort in a very low dosage of benzodiazepines but you better have a word with another therapist and explain to them your condition as you do it here. I hope your job does not involve using machinery. They tend to make you a bit sleepy (depending on the dosage) AND they ARE addictive. Whatever dosage your therapist might suggest (and depending on the pill as some are way more potent than others) I would start with no more than 1/2mg (diazepam) and see how that goes. It takes about 30-45 minutes to start acting and then you have to take it every day at the same time. If you do only 1/2mg (diazepam) you can take it whenever you feel the tension rising (but only ONCE a day) and you can skip taking it with no major withdrawal symptoms.

I can give you more information if you get a prescription from your therapist.

greenishmoon likes this.
  9. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

Go to a psychiatrist, get a prescription for anxiety and we'll go through it together.

10. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

Thanks. I've been going to psychologists for many many years but now I suspect that the reason for having so many problems was just being too fucking much worried all the time. My question is, after you took the pills, HOW is that you felt better?. You suddenly thought less?? or you worried less about stuff?. And then? How do you drop them?.

11. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

They put my mind at ease. They slowed it down. Not too much (because of the dosage) but they helped me relax. You can say that I thought less, I panicked less, I hurt less, I spiraled less, I worried about stuff less.

I haven't dropped them yet (actually I've been gradually increasing the dosage because the problems due to external reasons kept multiplying) but when you decide to do it you do it VERY gradually. I believe that the tapering off benzos recommended is not more than 10% per day but you could do it at a slower pace to avoid withdrawal symptoms altogether.

12. Happy Man

Happy Man Fapstronaut

It doesn't match up, if your scared.

I would listen to CakCy and get professional help. Something, just doesn't sound right and it won't hurt to talk to a professional therapist.

You shouldn't feel nervious, it could be the pot. I would take CakCy advice

CAKCy likes this.
  13. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

Okay, thank you both.

How long have you been on them?.

14. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

Three, maybe four years. I was in depression and then shit started happening to me so I started taking those to relax. To get an idea read my story in my signature.

15. LonelyStranger2020

LonelyStranger2020 Fapstronaut

Practise conscious breathing.. Bring in the good energy, let out the bad. Take showers everyday, write down 3 things you're grateful for each day and compound gratitude feeling, read holy stuff... Leaving 1 addiction and going to another...if you do please consider short term.. I used benzo for exactly 2days to get my sleep and boom i never touched it again in my life....i didn't have to taper off or anything. These are serious medication...

16. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

I suppose you two are talking about what I heard to be "benzodiapezines" or something. I think I never took one of those.

Hi fellas. I've been feeling much better lately. I can't begin to explain how confused I am about everything, but some times I can drop it all and feel allright for some time and that's much more that what I had years ago.

I am really angry in the deeps of myself. I think, why are people I know so tranquil and seem to enjoy so easily while I had to go through all of this?.
    Why am I here? How can I live today and not yesterday, when so much has happened? What's life about?.

I feel like there's grief that was never resolved, in the words of others. Like there's no meaning in everyday life. What can I do?.

However and I repeat, I am doing way way better. I called that psychiatrist some days ago but no one answered. I don't want to take anything and if I end up taking I'll do my best to get off them as quicly as possible, but I am in serious nervous situations sometimes and that's gotta stop.

It's allright to just sit and enjoy little, petty stuff in life?. I have a very rich aspiration inside of me that I don't know how to fulfill. I need something bigger.

Nugget9 and Kung_fu_panda_ like this.
  17. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

benzos is short for benzodiazepines.

You have to stop your mind from spiraling. You can try doing it with relaxing techniques (meditation, breathing exercises, repeating a mantra to yourself etc.) or with medicines. You can also rant here. Let steam out. Even if what you say is incoherent. Reading back your thoughts may help you relax. (PM me if you want to rant in private) I chose the medicines way because I was too impatient for anything else...

I'm really glad you are doing better. If you can manage to control your emotions without medicines you are doing yourself a favor.

It is more than alright to just sit and enjoy little petty stuff in life. For a while. You need the rest. And then off you go for your next goal, your next aspiration. You will kill yourself trying to conquer the universe in one step AND overnight!!!

18. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

Hi pals. I've been experiencing a week and a half of total depression including some episodes. I believe it has to do with when I masturbate because I noticed the last two times that It did helped with my body anxiety but then my mind and humour spiraled out of control. So there's something to avoid more clearly, psychologically or physically it is doing something.

I keep swimming, though my motivation to do so and swim has decreased, since I think that I will go and don't enjoy it but keep overthinking.

I didn't start taking medication, since I got better at my ratchets and everything seemed dark but into the control zone.

I also experienced a week when I felt pretty better. I started thinking more positively, I had a good night of sleep, and watched The Big Lebowski for half an hour really getting into the movie with total attention and a REALLY good mood, withouth my head thinking. I also drew a page of my comic that felt REALLY good and I stayed proud from it.

I also went out of some friends whatsapp group and I think I should stay away the most I can from online interactions.

Nugget9 likes this.
  19. Nugget9

Nugget9 Fapstronaut

20. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

Yeah most of the times I cant even get into it and enjoy it. I am also planning to move from my parent-s home. I am so sick.

Nugget9 likes this.