1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

is 4-6 hours of sleep possible?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Hakaishin, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Hakaishin

Hakaishin Fapstronaut

I need to study for a prestigious exam in 2 weeks and it came as a surprise as we were expecting a bit more time. Is it possible that I take 4 hours of sleep sometimes 6 hours for just 2 weeks with 2 power naps during the day so that I can invest that time in studies ?!

2. I would suggest you research more into it see if there are any strategies for it. But my personal opinion is that I wouldn't recommend it. Got back to work doing from 2pm till midnight, with some switch ups from 4pm to 2am, which I'm struggling to get proper sleep. Sleeping around 4-6 but not really by choice, as sometimes I wake up and can't get back to sleep and I feel really terrible & struggling to keep my emotions in check when dealing with difficult customers.

3. nope, it's bad
    like, REALLY bad, worse than you may think

BillyBobBoBoBo likes this.
  4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Very possible. I do 4.5-5 hours a night and I wake up refreshed, but I do it naturally, and I’ve been doing it for years even with different sleep windows. It’s most likely genetic in my case rather than behavioral. But for you, you shouldn’t ever force yourself to get that little sleep.

Hakaishin likes this.
  5. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I can guarantee you is possible hahahaha even to do for 2 years straight... is not healthy though, don't force yourself, or if you must, stop it as soon as possible.

GTraven95 and CarP like this.
  6. I'M DC

I'M DC Fapstronaut

I'm sleeping 5-6 hours a day since like two years bro. Most of my friends are same because we have to study and discuss about new things,applications and theories for our A/L exam in this October.
    If your exam is important to your goals,plans you must do that. Don't make your body exhaust in day time.Study,do discussions with class friends about studies,theories new ideas.(This make you active and fresh),Sleep early and wake up like 2-3 am.(That's my way-some dudes sleep late and wake up 9-10am)Then practise it in next two weeks.Just two weeks bro...

Hakaishin likes this.
  7. Hakaishin

Hakaishin Fapstronaut

Yes will try doing this, thanks.

I'M DC likes this.
  8. I'M DC

I'M DC Fapstronaut

Good luck. Wish u All the best in exam!..

9. Ok I didn't do till 2 or 3 my sleep schedule is like 10-4 and I almost study 4 hours before breakfast It does help and also you feel good and positivity will flow throughout the day You'll get some kind of feeling breathing that early morning air as if you're at the top of world and working hard while others are sleeping. I do take a power nap 2pm-2:15 pm though that helps me keep refreshed for the second part of the day.

TimeToquitFolks and I'M DC like this.
  10. My advice is do not sacrifice sleep. Get the recommended hours of sleep. Manage your time wisely. I use to sleep late and it affect my cognitive function badly. I could not remember shit that I studied the night before because I was so sleep deprived. Woke up with a headache. Its the worse thing and it could affect your performance in the exam. That being said everyone body is different and some people may only need 3 hours of sleep to feel refresh. You should know by now how your body works.

CarP, I'M DC and helloguyz like this.
  11. That's why you shouldn't study overnight sleep at 9 , wake up at 4 (7 hours enough in I guess) and you'll get the results try once mate.

TimeToquitFolks and I'M DC like this.
  12. I sleep at 10PM and wake up 6.30am. I make sure I get 8 hours of sleep. It takes me half an hour to fall asleep. You do not want to burn your self out as well because if you work too hard and don't get the rest it will not be end good.

I'M DC and helloguyz like this.
  13. I'M DC

I'M DC Fapstronaut

Yeah that's a good habit brother. By the way I meant that I sleep 9-10 pm and wake up in 2-3 am,but some of my friends and elder bros slept way too late like 3 am and wake up at 9 am.One elder bro has little Gastritis because these kind of habits,but now dude's life is happy and now he can sleep what ever mount of time he want.

14. Yeah you are correct brother that may be unhealthy in long run but the guy is asking for 2 weeks until his exam. You could read the first message buddy.

15. Oh, I mean it's like Myself when I analyzed my study pattern I tend to solve 25-30 math problems an hour in mathematics when its 4 am in the morning whereas if I were studying other times of the day it's just around 15-16 problems so that fascinated me waking up early daily. Also I don't think what your brother did was right because after a tiring day when you are studying at the end don't expect your brain to absorb all the information properly.

I'M DC likes this.
  16. Till not healthy for 2 weeks.

17. The question should be a qualified statement, is it possible for YOU, NOW in this short period to do so in a healthy way for studying. And sorry, probably no.

IF it is possible AT ALL you probably need to read up AND EXPERIMENT with polyphasic sleep. In other words, you need to study this subject and master it IN PRACTICE first before you study for your exams, and that's just not going to happen in two weeks.

I would suggest you seriously consider not just the quantity of time but the quality of your waking hours, which will have a huge influence on your ability to study. Unfortunately this is a reality that's just not generally really appreciated in the day counting culture of NoFap.

That said, sure it's possible to cram - people do it all the time. If you don't care about your health then it's kind of irrelevant.

I mean, if someone really was working on this why would they ask here? You'd go to a forum dedicated to sleep hacking if anything.

TimeToquitFolks and Hakaishin like this.
  18. Hakaishin

Hakaishin Fapstronaut

Yes I understood what you're trying to say here. I'll try to put in more focus in the quality of study I do during the day than the quantity of sleep. I previously slept for 6 hours maybe I'll reduce it to 5 and a half, will not stress more on that. If it's possible for me, I'll continue...If not, no big deal. Main thing is to achieve the day with focus and vigor, the night will automatically follow.

OrganizeInformed and I'M DC like this.
  19. Hmm, this is that type of exam from when you finish high school? I took the same type of exam (3 exams). If I remember correctly, it took me 1 month to prepare myself for it.

I'm in college now and I have 6 - 7 per semester in 4 weeks. I woke up in a situation where I needed to learn 100 - 150 pages in 3 days before the exam. I suggest that you take as many hours of sleep as you need so your brain will function properly and you would assimilate the information better. Study for 30 - 40 minutes and take a break for 10 minutes. Learn for 3 hours max and then take a 1-hour break. Get out and take some fresh air in this period of time. Search on Google for more tips.

Hakaishin likes this.
  20. Yup, been doing it for years. Go to bed around midnight and then wake up at ass crack of dawn. I might take a 1 hour nap during the day. Depending on how busy I am. :)

It's going to take some time. You cannot build your habits overnight or over a month. Sometimes more time is needed.

-J29

helloguyz likes this.