1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Being satirical has to stop in NoFap Off-topic

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by modern milarepa, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

This statement is false.

J29 and modern milarepa like this.
  2. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

fighting the urge to say

"This statement is true."

3. Gnostic gospels said that the truth come as immages and symbol, Memes confirm it.

SickSicko, CarP and BugsBunny555 like this.
  4. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Carl Jung.

SickSicko likes this.
  5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Every epic heckin memerino I post brings me closer to enlightenment. My third eye is almost open.

SickSicko likes this.
  6. Please not that joker born in my same country....L O L.
    READ RUDOLF FUCKING STEINER.

7. No that is Belzebu ready to control your consciousness.

8. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Fuck no. Lol.

9. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

aaand I took that personally...

What can I say, sarcasm is an important aspect of myself, both irl and online, but online I may admit it gets too out of hand sometimes, as whenever I am overly sarcastic is for my own amusement, and that I choose to behave in a sarcastic way much more often than I do irl.
    I rarely enjoy the pleasure of a deep meaningful conversation, be it irl, or even more rarely, online, so specially online, unless someone actually opens to that chance, I see no purpose on portraying myself in a serious manner whatsoever.

I find this relatable.

I love creating different personas, is as fun as it can get.

I fundamentally disagree, but I can see your point, because even when I don't think it is by default, it can surely escalate into some very unhealthy mental states.

I mean, I thrive on dark humor, is literally one of the few kinds of humor that actually makes me laugh.

J29 likes this.
  10. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Dude yeah. We had literal incel posts that were way more sexist than anything here today too, and those would get 10 pages of replies in a couple hours. Politics. Conspiracy theories. All the like. Sometimes the sadistic side of me misses those days.

11. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

Hmm..

12. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

Interesting discussions. I don't know how it is here on the forum but IRL I personally think that sarcasm in healthy doses can be nice, fun and also an attractive trait in both girls and guys.

Of course, as with anything related to humour, it needs to be at the right time and at the right place. Some examples of good sarcasm are given by the character Chandler in the show Friends:

The character Chandler captures both the bad side and the good side of sarcasm for me. On the one hand, he shows that sarcasm can be funny in certain situations if well-timed, but he is also an example where the use of sarcasm resembles some kind of "mental illness" as OP speaks about, in the sense that he is using it as a kind of defence mechanism.

I've also been working on a small theory in my mind that the best sarcasm comes from the ones who are otherwise the most authentic and congruent people in their lives. So sarcasm is more appealing of you're otherwise a serious and honest person, true to your principles and values in life. But I have to think more about that...

I also think there is a difference between satire and sarcasm, but this thread is really about both phenomena :)

13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I think without those kinds of posts, the site loses a lot of its charm. Religious/political/any kind of provocative threads are either nuked or locked in a place 95% of users wont see them. Threads that are silly but otherwise harmless get lost in the crossfire too. It just leaves behind boring "What is your favourite X" threads and the same topics being repeated over and over (yes I am aware I am a hypocrite saying that because I complain about the same things over and over.)

MLMVSS likes this.
  14. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

I recall you and a group of female members back in 2019 called me a sexist incel (even one of them going as far, making 2 threads about it) for merely saying males and females cannot be friends due to the sexual tension hardwired in our brains. Those were the days. However, the days of buzzwords such as “incels” are still common, so you’re not missing out.

15. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

People still say incel. Lol.

Isn't there like a new linguistic weapon now?

16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Only an incel would complain about the overuse of incel, you incel.

17. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

I've been exposed :(

J29 likes this.
  18. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I was reading a thread on 4chan (that's right, I'm on a watchlist) where someone unironically said Tyrion Lannister was an incel. You know this shit has gone too far.

BugsBunny555 likes this.
  19. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Tyrion Lannister may be many things, but he is not an incel XD

20. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Being satirical is an efficient weapon to stop stupid threads on Off topic, threads that could deflect someone's mentality

J29 and BugsBunny555 like this.