1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Binge eating struggles

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by BillyBobBoBoBo, Jul 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. So recently I've been struggling with binge eating, which was a bit of a problem during Lock down, but became more of a problem when I got back to work. Though with eating breakfast that is a smoothie filled with 5 to 6 vegetables, pumpkin seeds, protein powder & water with near to 1000 calories. I've noticed it has become more of an issue with either the side with my breakfast being a 100% nut made nut butter and jam sandwhich or eating way too many trek/protein bars and after eating either leftovers what my girlfriend makes me or finding either vegan wraps, Huel Shakes, vegan pizza or even a big salted nuts I just seeming to be over eating on snacks as of either vegan junk food, biscuits, "health bars" or protein bars. I feel I am stress eating, not helped that I feel I am not getting enough sleep with the late shifts of afternoon till midnight or 1 or 2 am shifts at work, but still waking up at 9-10 am in the morning. So does anyone have any advice to help me out? As I am definitely noticing my love handles and stomach looking bigger and wanting to change that too get myself into more of a leaner phyisque.

2. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Emotional eating is the real problem with binge eating. So, you need to find a healthy way to deal with problems or at least to destress. I know you work out a lot. I would have thought that would help.

3. I'm dealing with the same thing. I've recently started working out again (with help from my wife), but I still struggle with emotional eating.

One good tip I heard yesterday was not to snack while you're doing something (watching TV, etc) i.e. distracted eating, as this leads to overeating.

Another thing I can recommend is something I haven't done in a while, but have used in the past with some success, called Binaural Beats:

Listen to this with earbuds while you're sleeping or taking a walk. It'll help you change your subconcious behavior around overeating through subliminal messaging. If the 2 hour one isn't as effective, try the 9-hour binaural overnight (be aware these long video sessions tend to drain phone batteries, so plan accordingly).

Good luck and God bless!

Akbarmagnus and BillyBobBoBoBo like this.
  4. Yeah I am thinking eother boxing or really work on my meditation more. I've been sadly skipping out on some of my exercise routine, as been skippng out on my Kettlbell swings for my cardio, want to get back into that and not being lazy and looking at my phone before and after my workout so I can have more time for it and more productive things before work.

Akbarmagnus likes this.
  5. Good to hear she's being supportive and helping you exercise. Though funny enough, I dint snack too much (I do at times but not too much) I just eat way too big portions with my meal with adding the snack items with my main meal as for an extra snack within the meal... which now thinking about it, it is snacking just not by it's self.

I'll take a look into that to see how it works, which I do listen too, but more for the physical body such as;

Though I might have an issue trying to listen to one that long as trying tonfind the time for it.

6. If you have identified the foods then I would reduce the consumption of those.

Also, how is your energy expenditure? Are you working out?

Akbarmagnus likes this.
  7. Yeah I want to reduce them & I do nearly everyday when I can doing Isometric holds with https://www.bullworker.com/product/iso-flo/

Or This

https://www.worldfit.com/

Doing my own version of this routine

Which are;

Zercher Squat Bottom Position:

Strength: 3 set of 3 secs

Strength/Hypertrophy: 3 sets of 6 secs

Hypertrophy: 3 sets of 21 secs

Deadlift Bottom Position;

Shoulder/Over Head Press Bottom Position:

Doing the tension like this;

Max strength 3 secs 100%

Strength/Hypertrophy 6 secs 90%

Hypertrophy 20-45 secs 60-80%

Akbarmagnus likes this.
  8. Now I've been mostly eating Huelshakes, because 9f my bad time management. Not feeling pleased about that.

Akbarmagnus likes this.
  9. Sorry I have to ask a few things.

1. So I take it you threw up your food? As I can only guess with "only I didn't keep the food in my body"

2. "It's not the food" I take that mean it was something deeper than wanting food?

3. Glad you got the rehab you needed & that you got it paid off. Though Holy cow that's a lot of dough, what did you go through to get it to that price?

Mine just seems to be stress eating and possible replacing my PMO, till I cave into it.

Akbarmagnus likes this.