1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I've gone through a week of Dopamine Detox ( Ask me anything )

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mr.Tony, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Hello, I've been experimenting with myself recently regarding Self Improvement. So i decided to go through a week of dopamine Detox after a successful day!

So my plan was:

To stay at my Room for a whole week, only go out gor Food or for Basic Needs.

No Human Interaction whatsoever, No use of the Phone or Any advice! No Nothing at all...

In the first 3 days, I was struggling , It was hard.

I discovered within the 4-5 days, That i started loving basic things, like reading a small peace of paper or hearing someone talking, these little things triggers a crazy amount of hapiness within me.

Within the 6-7 days, I relapsed and went back to talking to my family, as they questioned if i was crazy!

Also note: that during the 6-7 days, I started loving Critical Thinking and everything related to World's Politics and The Future of Humanity, I went on discussing Philosophy like crazy.

This experiment I've done wasn't 100% done as it was supposed to be! The next time i'll try it, I'll go on Self Isolation for Good!

One other project i would love to do is:

When i try to focus on learning a new language, especially the hearing part, my Attention seem to fade away, I'm planning on using Cotton and block Hearing for a while Until Hearing ( What i want ) produces Dopamine within my brain.

CarP, RavenGT and helloguyz like this.
  2. Hey. Happy for you!
    Is first day the hardest one? And what motivated you to go on this journey?

RavenGT and Mr.Tony like this.
  3. I wish i could:

- Observe the world on Black / White when i want to.
    - Block hearing something i don't want.
    - Block all distractions
    - Block Emotions
    - Turn up my Temperature.

Humanity still has a lot to do....

I'm trying to Perfect my Memory and it's really though!

These are my future projects:

Critical Thinkjng
    Analyse Thinkjng
    Social Thinking
    Strategic Thinking
    Problem Solving Thinking
    Creative Thinking
    Out of the Box Thinking

helloguyz likes this.
  4. Yea, It is.
    What motivates me ? I always wanted to test my limites see what I'm really capable of!

RavenGT and Hachiraya like this.
  5. I think Dopamine is the Source of all our Troubles.

And Also the Source of the 1% People's Success.

6. RavenGT

RavenGT Fapstronaut

Thats solid, snake!

Im going to try a 3 day dopamine detox within the month. After that i'll try a full week after a few months of the 3 day detox

Mr.Tony likes this.
  7. RavenGT

RavenGT Fapstronaut

Yeah i agree people are all dopamined out

Probably part of the reason why nobody cares about that supposed UFO footage released a while back. Everyone used to get so excited about UFOs / aliens

8. the300clean

the300clean Fapstronaut

i am curios to know what websites you find interesting , and does the return to normal after detox made you more interested in them or less.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  9. Haha! Thanks a lot.
    :) - I believe anyone can do this!

I'll be graduating this year but yeah my Main Focus is Memory! I did a lot of Memory Training and I think i would've achieved much if I trained my Memory in the Past Years, I feel like i never achieved my Full Potential - I would love to go to the extreme! And see what i'm really capable of!

I'm not an Athlete that has an Exceptional Foot / Hand - The only thing that i have that can me look like One is my Brain! I must train that muscle! I have that Athlete Spirit! I love sports! And my sport is my Brain! Haha!

Most of my time is spent on Memory and " Strategic & Analyse - Thinking "!

Usually I read a lots Books - But Knowledge now is everywhere, I decided to choose which one I'll be needing to improve myself! So i need to create a place where my thinking is not mine anymore - It's like a Borrow a Different Brain!

------------

I study myself like hell! - How does my body function! I discovered that after Lunch Meal - My bloods goes down to my stomach making me dizzy, usually I need 1-2 hours before getting back to my normal state, also I feel super smart when weaking up during the morning and during that time i can make smart decisions, I can't say the same thing about the Evening and Night. - It is adviced to avoid making any decision during that time! ( In my case! )

I suggest you to Study Yourself!

One more thing, When working on something see if these conditions are met!

Mindset / Environment / Habits / Food

These 4 conditions above are the basic principles which i use!

Any more questions, I'll be glad to answer!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    RavenGT likes this.
  10. I'm not into any specific website, I spend a lots of time studying myself! - See what really works and what not!

One more thing, I try to avoid all kinds of: Cheap Dopamine that is available everywhere, I don't look into that - As if it never existed!

Only getting Dopamine from Productive Activities! - But the thing is: It is so low!

By being on a long detox! That little dopamine becomes enjoyable making you chase after it, thus making you super productive! - It's simple as that!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    RavenGT likes this.
  11. You gonna love it!

RavenGT likes this.
  12. RavenGT

RavenGT Fapstronaut

I like your attitude brother

Mr.Tony likes this.
  13. Thank you my brother.

RavenGT likes this.
  14. After graduation, I'm thinking of turning the screen of all my devices into Black and White.

And always planning on Strategic Notebook: What to Do / Hear / Watch!

There is a huge difference between what you Want and What you Need ( Do / Hear / Watch )

I refuse to remain a puppet of someone else's thinking!

15. the300clean

the300clean Fapstronaut

that's a generic response that doesn't add me any value. "I spend a lots of my time studying myself, and see what really works!" doesn't mean anything.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  16. Yea, you're right. We all make mistakes sometimes, I'm not an American and English is not my mother tongue so...haha..

Anyways, What I meant by it, Is that I keep studying myself and observe what works and what doesn't, and Improve on little by little.

I believe in the Snowball Effect Theory, Small Improvement have a Big impact in the Long Run.

17. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut