1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming the writer I want to be

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anakin66, Feb 24, 2020.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

718 words today. Well on track to be done sometime next week.

2. Finally found some websites to submit some material to and hopefully be paid for it. :D

GottaBFree and AtomicTango like this.
  3. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I've kept the goal going. I'm working lots of hours but all my free time is going into querying.

Apparently the lockdown has created a crazy volume of query's right now. Not a shock lol.

I want to be done submitting by the end of next week, with the exception of a few agencies I'd like to submit to more than one agent.

4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Our shackles broken.
    Freedom under the sunlight,
    breathe the summer air.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1112 words today. On track to be done tomorrow or the day after.

6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

7. I like this. I've finally written some haikus again and it feels amazing.

AtomicTango and Kingfisher like this.
  8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1171 words today. Chapter is done. We are in the home stretch now.

aspiringwriter1997 likes this.
  9. To write more haikus or not's the big question

AtomicTango likes this.
  10. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I only write them when I have something to write about. Don't try to force it.

11. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

The marathon query sessions are done. I'm going to stretch it out over a month and then be done with it.

AtomicTango likes this.
  12. Guys, I see that you are making progress here and I want to ask for help. When I'm trying to write, I constantly feel that everything that I write is extremely bad or decent at maximum. Because of that every time I'm trying to force myself to sit down and write I feel fatigue and exhaustion and, as a consequence, my desire in that situation is only to sleep. I'm still forcing myself to write and try to make it a habit yet I fail every time. In other spheres I am quite disciplined. Did someone experienced anything similar?

13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Got a chapter planned out. Only 4 chapters remain to write, and out of those only 2 remain to be planned. Very close to finishing the first draft.

14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

This is just a common side-effect of having low self-esteem with regards to your own creativity. I think keeping on going is the best thing to do, but I would also advise writing things that are shorter, and thus take less time to complete. Flash fiction, short stories, etc. Doing this means you can attempt lots of different stories and it therefore wont matter as much if you end up not being happy with a certain piece of work.

Pahar_trahar likes this.
  15. Thanks, it sounds like helpful advice. I will try that, thanks!

AtomicTango likes this.
  16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

5876 words for the current chapter. Up to 562 pages. Looking like I might be able to stay under 650 after all.

17. I usually don't but I've hardly written any haikus in a bundle since May. I'm not sure if my mind's wanting a break and trying to tell me or what but I do want to see if I've got enough for a book.

AtomicTango likes this.
  18. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Well look at this way. Is it better to have less and/or take longer to reach a nice total? Or is it better to try and write more consistently? It's up to you of course but I think when it comes to poetry, discipline is less important than inspiration. Instead of trying to force poems out, do something you may find inspires your creativity, and see if ideas form from that.

19. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Out at harvest time.
    Fresh winds set the crops dancing.
    Invigorating.

20. I'd say it's better to write more consistently. I've been writing essays and a few other poems besides haikus so I'm sure that counts. I'm always writing poetry when I'm inspired so you're onto something my friend.