1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Utopian vision thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by GotCaught, Jul 24, 2021.

1. GotCaught

GotCaught Fapstronaut

Post your utopian vision

2. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

That sounds dystopian o_O

3. We all embrace the "monke" and the world is green and primitive and beautiful once again. No depression, no debts, no rat-race. Just pure survival of the fittest. :)

SickSicko, CarP and GotCaught like this.
  4. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

A world without humans making problems then patting ourselves on the back when we fix the problems we made. Then making new problems from the solutions we make.

That won't ever be though. So that's why it's Utopian. :p

Note: I like humans, no hate here.

GotCaught likes this.
  5. we start producing so much stuff at some point people just decide to stop and focus on better things
    quality of life improves, solving overpopulation and big cities
    earth cleans up again
    eh, we can only hope I quess

Atticus likes this.
  6. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

My vision of a Utopia is one where 25% of my paycheck wasn't taken out for useless bullshit that we vote on every four years but never comes to fruition.

I'm doing my part in always voting NO to every remodel, redoing, addition, new building, new museum, and any other proposal that my municipality puts through because it always raises taxes and I hate taxes.

Though admittedly it's a utopia so it's is far-reaching and will never happen.

So my Utopia would be no taxes.

Melkhiresa, SickSicko and Atticus like this.
  7. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

Are you telling me you don't like having the Gov's hand in your pocket? Think about all the mansions our rulers need! :p

FirefromAbove likes this.
  8. FirefromAbove

Think about all the people... Imagine a world....

Atticus likes this.
  9. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

That's great, I kind of can empathize with that, but then I remember that at some point some monke will smash another monke with a stick, and a third monke will say I hey fellow monke, I made this fence and got this cool sticks from a better more sturdy material to protect ourselves from those other monkes, join me, and the spiral of society will come back to where we are now eventually.

Utopias, what an interesting concept, what is utopia for one can be hell for others, therefore an utopian society is simply unattainable, a personal utopia on the other hand... that's the closest you can get, even if it will never totally meet your utopian standard due to external factors...

That said, my utopian world looks very similar to the one we have nowdays, only with some more meritocracy and empathy sprinkled at all levels of society, and with a focus on greater goods, my utopian world is composed of disciplined, empathetic, driven individuals, that do their best for themselves while trying to do the best for the collective, at once, and that casts away greedy exclusively self-centered people, as it would be seen as ok to persue personal benefit, but not at expense of others, but to look for personal benefit, while benefiting others.

DM10, Atticus and FirefromAbove like this.
  10. World without a religion, politics and money.

GotCaught likes this.
  11. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

CarP likes this.
  12. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

CarP and Atticus like this.
  13. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

That's my glowing FBI agent. He must hate me.

14. Dying is celebrated, just like birth. Exploring your consciousness with psychedelic drugs and other means is not illegal. People are given enough support to pursue their dreams, whatever they are. Everybody feels like they belong, like they have a place in society. No hunger, no problems with access to clean water or shelter. No war. People are content and they don't have to seek pleasure in traveling, drugs, alcohol, food or sex. People appreciate the present moment and have a sense of place. Where they live is important to them and they try to take as much care of it as they can.

greenishmoon and CarP like this.
  15. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

My dream is to enslave people, be god-like among mortals, I want to be the supreme overlord of mankind, I want my descendants to rule over every corner of the earth, with the rest of humanity never having a chance of dethrone them, where is my support?

16. the duality of man

SickSicko, Xander_ and FirefromAbove like this.
  17. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

A world without the limits imposed upon us by society. With the glass ceiling broken, all the oppressed groups shall prosper. Especially the most oppressed group of all. GAMERS.

corbynsagamer.jpg

Melkhiresa, Atticus, CarP and 2 others like this.
  18. FirefromAbove

I don't see this as a utopia necessarily.

I used to be of this opinion a long time ago, that simply returning to nature would solve all our problems, but I don't think it would.

Yes, we wouldn't be depressed, but we'd be more fearful. Constantly fearing attack from another tribe, where our next meal, constantly on the move. Birth mortality would be high, you may never meet your mother. All of us may never meet our mothers because she would die at childbirth. If you break a bone your dead, if you're born with an illness you're dead, if you get a cut... You guessed it.

Atticus likes this.
  19. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

DM10, Melkhiresa, Atticus and 2 others like this.