1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My biceps is pumping up but brains is not pumping.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Yo guys ! So I ran in this dillema and wondering how each one of you is training brains so that it develop as fast as biceps when training.
    At 20 I was training quite hard and was in great shape but not that smart inside as strong-looking outside.

King James version Bible says Gal 6:8 "For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting."

- That is what apostle Paul said to Galatians in his letter and it means that investing in your Spiritual growth reaps everlasting life in Heaven(considering Christian spirituality)

Another but modern Bible version(Living Bible) says the same verse like this -
    "Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit."

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2021
  2. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Chess.

Teaches critical thinking and problem-solving.

pcmaster likes this.
  3. FirefromAbove

Best part is there's plenty of websites where you can play it for free.

4. That is good one but I believe more benefit from playing in person cause online or against AI playing is more like playing football on playstation.

Been playing chess a lot as kid in school till like 7th grade, and also with friends and family and in the chess club. Back then before had PC biggest problem was to play regularly at home.

Also, followers of Christ have the critical thinking, what is really important to be able to see truth these days, much alike like your avatar quote says. -

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2021
  5. FirefromAbove

There's the psychological factor in rl, but it's all the same because the game is purely intellectual.

6. I find myself sharper with less of any screen time.

FirefromAbove likes this.
  7. Sinbad

Sinbad Fapstronaut

I also spend too much time training the body. A good balance is what I should be after.

Learning from a book is a good way to train the mind. Read until you really understand it and can memorise your favourite parts.

If it's spiritual growth you're after, practice virtue.
    Find your personal values. Then act on them. Things you'd like to embody but don't quite yet do, e.g., honesty, service, respect, care, kindness, generosity, patience or gratitude.

pcmaster likes this.