1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What video game are you playing now? v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

I mainly play just Resident Evil: the Village and Mortal Kombat X. I have Mortal Kombat 11, but I don't like it NEARLY as much as MKX. And I'm trying to get as many challenges completed on the Village as I can.

ICE :D and Taylor25 like this.
  2. A Bottle of Slivovitz

A Bottle of Slivovitz Fapstronaut

Stronghold Crusader from 2001 baby :)
    After Knights of Honor the best strategy game I have ever played. But I didn't play a lot of games hahaha
    I never finished it and now I decided to do it.

ICE :D likes this.
  3. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Kenshi post apocalyptic game. Kinda like fallout not really. You make your own story

4. Update: the controls for bombs is probably the most annoying thing ever. They are both mapped to the R stick- throwing a bomb is press R up, while just pressing R pulls out Link's sword. This leads to a lot of Link putting away his bomb and pulling out a sword when you really wanted him to throw the bomb. Usually this isn't much of a problem- though annoying- but it gets downright frustrating in the Earth Temple boss fight when throwing a bomb at a critical moment means you either get the chance to attack the boss or (if Link pulls out his sword instead) a lot of pain.

No, Link, for the thousandth time throw the stupid bomb don't pull out your sword!

5. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Zelda went through a rough patch in-between Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild, it seems. I stopped gaming after TP for some reason and got back into it when my mom bought me a Switch for Christmas last year and I've been catching up on old Zelda since then.

To put it plainly, I think Spirit Tracks is one of the worst games I've ever completed in my life. I haven't played Skyward Sword yet but things seem extremely mixed, and no one thinks its spectacular or handles well. I will buy it because I have played and enjoyed so many Zeldas that I feel a duty to complete the ones I haven't beaten.

I did enjoy the Link's Awakening remake on the Switch and I look forward to the (rumored) Oracle of Ages and Seasons.

6. I've beaten the Witcher 3 last week and man, what a game! :)

Currently playing Rare Replay.

7. the binding of isaac: repentance

8. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

the book was good too

ICE :D, FirefromAbove and CarP like this.
  9. AI7

AI7 Fapstronaut

I have recently been replaying The Last of Us part 1 just for the grounded + trophy. This game never gets old. After this I'm moving on to part 2 so I can get the platinum trophy.

ICE :D, Taylor25 and RavenGT like this.
  10. I actually had fun with Spirit Tracks. The control scheme with the stylus, of course, was very annoying, leading to Link jumping into a lot of holes accidentally. But I enjoyed the game play- though I never finished it. I loved Zelda's personality in that game. Also Spirit Tracks has one of the best overworld themes ever. It has a lot of flaws, of course, but for me worth one play through.

I heard Phantom Hourglass which started the stylus control scheme was absolutely a horrible game. All the flaws of it's sequel Spirit Tracks with none of it's good points. Like Spirit Tracks you have to return to the same dungeon, but unlike that game you can't skip ahead to the new part of the dungeon, you have to play through the whole thing. Sound exhausting and has dissuaded me from picking up the game.

After about 10 hours of Skyward Sword I got bored and haven't played it since. Like I said before, the controls are annoying. Also the game hasn't really engaged me much yet. Not like Breath of the Wild, which I couldn't put down.

Playing the original Link's Awakening on my original Gameboy was one of the highlights of my childhood. I'm kind of torn on the remake. Of course I liked revisiting that game, but I didn't like the art style and how the game was basically a pixel by pixel remake of the original. It didn't offer much in new content. Not worth $60 but people bought it anyways, as did I.

I'd be interested in playing an Oracle of Seasons remake. Never played that game. I hear it's like Link's Awakening.

11. ICE :D likes this.
  12. Perfect Dark

I play it on Rare Replay for the first game and wow......Perfect Dark was revolutionary for the time, especially on Nintendo 64. Lots of old, classic games I need to check out.

ICE :D, Joe1023 and gordie like this.
  13. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

It’s amazing. Love that game.

14. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

Perfect Dark for the N64 was AMAZING!!!!!!!

15. The first Mass Effect on the Legendary Edition

I don't like remastered games but Mass Effect on the new version is looking artistic as ever. I've noticed the changes while playing the game and it is looking better than the X360 version.

16. Mass Effect 2 (Legendary Edition)

One the greatest games of the X360/PS3 era and is one of the best of all-time.

17. dude! i play this game too :emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

i'm currently playing Epistory, it's a very fun typing game (i know this sounds lame :emoji_grimacing: forgive me friends :emoji_dizzy_face:), i hope to increase my typing speed and accuracy in a fun way.

18. Super Mecha Champions. The concept is refreshing and the mdcha aspect is too much fun

19. Mass Effect 3 (Legendary Edition)