1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 6

Doing all right, trying to reestablish some good habits. I was rather lazier today than I would have liked, but did do a couple things. I think tomorrow I'm going to try bicycling to my office.

2. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

3. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

4. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

5. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

6. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

77 days.

Was nervous about a big thing related to work yesterday, and realised that I have used PMO to calm down my emotions in the past. In this new lifestyle of mine, I will have to face the intense emotions instead when they arise.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021

7. Sure brother! Thanks for your advice.

8. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

399 days dwarf king
    475 days no PMO, semen retention

9. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

Day 4,

Already really struggling.

Have not decided about the whole M question. In the end, even NoFap is not the end goal but just a way to get to a life that I would be happy living. So I must balance my need to be completely safe from PMO and the need to rebuild my life with my girlfriend. Because I do want to have sex with her and to have an active and good love life. And if my decision not to M would hurt our relationship that would still suck.

On some level the best thing I can think of right now is to find the middle ground. Telling her that I would M as much as I want while at the same time try and M as little as possible.

And yes, life is hard and I want to be free and I want it to be faster

10. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

11. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 176 no PMO. Found out yesterday my 11yo has Covid. Wasn’t fun to hear but she is doing fine so far and we are leaning into the idea that “God has a plan” for us.

I also saw a woman at the store with her gym cloths on and I bounced my eyes and stayed looking away from her even though she was near me for a very long time in line.

12. Yes, I agree. My situation is that, to this day, I couldn’t stop both behaviors: neither pmo nor mo. I only made "streaks". I tried to avoid all sexual acts and I tried to take it easy with mo and still get rid of my p addiction. My observation is that MO happens very easily and doesn't necessarily trigger pmo use later on, but it can.
    Well, I'm a little bit tired of the "MO discussion". Anyways I will try to abstain from both for this challenge. Others can do it so I should be able to do it too! But in case I reset for M it's crucial that I keep my p-streak.

Going strong on day 2, by the way.

13. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

14. Hi there! As a rule of thumb I'd say: better listen to important people in your real life rather than to people in an online forum.
    About the "M question" - if you say, you don't abstain from M bc of what your therapist suggested, it doesn't mean you need to do M as a sport now. You can still train to use M less frequent. Some addicts try the so-called mindful masturbation which focus more on the body, feelings and being intimate with oneself than on fantasizing.
    On the other hand, I think it should be possible to "M as little as possible" while NOT pressuring your girlfriend in the relationship. Maybe what the therapists and girlfriend want is that you don't put a lot of pressure on yourself which results in frustration and negative vibes ... just guessing here.
    Ok, I have to go to have a mel now.
    I hope you find a good balance!

15. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

Stay strong brother.
    I hope she'll kick covid's ass really fast

16. Jeen149

Jeen149 Fapstronaut

Day 47
    Feeling good. Same routine followed. Very less urges today.

Chi405, Ready_to_Stop, HE^MAN and 8 others like this.
  17. Cysia

Cysia Fapstronaut

Ok, I understand in that particularly case.

18. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

Day 14, last day before starting the journey to Mordor!
    I feel great

Chi405, Ready_to_Stop, HE^MAN and 7 others like this.
  19. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

I second that. Well said brother :)