1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

daily checking in
    No urges this day

Chi405, Ready_to_Stop, HE^MAN and 6 others like this.
  2. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Well, that is merely a personal taste, i like dwarfs more than elfs, so that's why :D

Also the Journey defines some of the ranks., the ring first went to Rivendell, so that's why Elfs comes first than dwarfs ;)

3. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship :)

Checking in from the beach since i'm on vacations now :D. Typing from my phone which i dont like btw, but the laptop is at home eheheh. So im gonna keep this short ;).

Have a great day brave Warriors and stay in the Path! :)

4. Cysia

Cysia Fapstronaut

Oh ok I get it, I also need to revise my LotR knowledges I see.
    Dwarves are ugly though, they are rude and they burp and fart ALL THE TIME, everyone knows that ! It's just facts.

5. Are-we-there-yet?

Are-we-there-yet? Fapstronaut

If I may ask, how is it suppose to help in death? As you are still... well, dying. lol

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  6. Are-we-there-yet?

Hey, was wondering what you were thinking of doing as an alternative stress release? Or is the goal to not really have one but use meditation or something to face stress head-on?

Your input (and anyone's) would be of great value. I'm trying to figure this out myself.

7. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

day 41- elf.

my best streak. the second best is 30.

8. Are-we-there-yet?

ah! but have you ever seen a dwarf woman?! Hmmm??? One word. Beautiful!

haha

9. Cysia

Cysia Fapstronaut

I've alwready had fantaisies on female dwarves from heroic fantasy and fap on them....I feel so ashamed :emoji_blush:

10. Are-we-there-yet?

Going on day 2 here. Praying I make it through.

Yesterday I was questioning my decisions on all this again. Not majorly, as I am much too determined to quit but enough to realize I need to go out and be productive haha.

I have some images in my head from the last P session that is plaguing me. I don't know how to get rid of them other than to just keep moving forward and try to shut them down before they take hold. Doing what I know I am supposed to be doing helps this.

11. Ironguy5

Ironguy5 Fapstronaut

Day 17!

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  12. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Day 80, trod on!

13. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

sleep is a state of unconsciousness just like death if you are able to remain conscious in the transition of wakefulness to sleep then according to yogic tradition this will help in the moment of death.

14. qrmjs

qrmjs New Fapstronaut

Hi, I just saw this and was wondering if it’s still possible to participate in it?

15. yes, of course. just read the first post and then you can start. Welcome!

16. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

17. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Tired, pulled something in the forearm during workout, feel sleepy and about to hit the sack.;)

18. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Brothers, here I am again!
    Last week I feel again. It was awful. I didn't manage to control myself and the external pressure from studying to exams, which were like a hammer in my mind. I ended up giving up and relapsed really bad, I even entered Omegle and fished there. Not proud to admit that, those behaviours are too toxic for my sexuality, I know it and I've been working on ceasing it :(.

BUT, besides that, my therapy is working pretty well. I talked to my psychologist about that last relapse and he gave me a series of strategies to increase awareness in handling urges. One particular has been quite good in making me think twice about my thoughts: write the feeling and desires that I have, EVERY EACH ONE OF THEM, WITH LOTS OF DETAILS. It sound weird, but when you have to write, those thoughts turn from semi-unconscious to tottaly conscious and it makes it clearer to judge if your gonne act on it or not. But you have to make it really detailed and explicit to work. It's kinda shameful to write that [NSFW ahead!] I want to "watch a girl massaging her pussy while I squeeze my bulge and then, after giving up "just watching", start to jack off to the video" .This really makes me blush and think twice about what I'm gonna do. I have been keeping kinda of a diary near me and every single time that a slight urge comes I write that down, and it feels like that need to act goes away. It's really that powerful, since I've managed to get through the chaser effect period quite fine, which is a big challenge to me, as I usually fall in it 2-3 time before stoping for at least a week. I'll keep you updated about how it's going to me and I'll be more active here.

I'd also like to encourage you to really observe your desires, not diving in them, but noticing it's specificities and writing that down, or even talk to a friend or post in some thread, cuz this process, mainly the openning up part, helps us to be more conscious of our feelings. I ain't no expert. Far from that, I'm guy who has been strugling a lot, and my streaks show how weak I'm and how much help I need. But if it's helping me - a desperate addict - it will probably help you!
    Wish yall a great week, you guys are great!
    P.S.: I had really exposed myself here :emoji_no_mouth: cuz I think it's relevant both for me (openning up) and for you (maybe a good advice). It's no mega-super-hiper-answer, but it's helping me and might help you too!

19. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

I'm not sure if there is any need for a particular technique/method for stress release. Maybe we can just let the emotions come and accept them for what they are without judging them and trying to deaden them?

With that being said, I started meditating just a week ago, and I think it has helped a tiny bit so far to be in control when I feel stressed or anxious. As I meditate more, maybe I will obtain even more control, who knows :)

20. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

[​IMG]