1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

480 days SR
    51 days no sex

No more girls, then a new girl appears

When I broke up with my last girlfriend almost two months ago the next day I met a beautiful girl who approached me first, I broke up with this beautiful girl too this week then a girl I know and like a lot just texted me yesterday.
    I used to think is coincidence but I believe my energy simply becomes open to meet with new girls, it seems women can sense this and approach to me again. But I also believe I’ve been plain lucky this last months, nothing is more easy for forgetting a girl than having a new girl, and it just happens I meet a new girl right after I broke up with the last one.

This girl just texted me yesterday, we randomly write to each other emojis, just emojis kind of teasing each other in a naïve and fun way. But yesterday we talked a bit, she is only 20 years old, she is very attractive, the thing is she lives like 2-3 hours away from me, that is why I never tried anything with her.
    Yesterday she told me she got done a little of liposuction on her waist, I mean she is already stunning I didn’t see the need for the surgery but damn now she is super-hot. I told her if it is painful? She told me it is, especially the massages. I was just talking friendly with her, and then she told me:

-Can I ask you something- she said
    - Sure- I replied
    - Why I always want to have sex?

I mean what type of question is that haha. I told her if it is only after surgery or all the time she is like this. I already knew she likes sex a lot, but I told her surgery is a stressful event and sex is a stress reliever and I offered myself to calm her suffering haha. She agreed.

Then we talked about tantric sex, how it can improve your health and pleasure as a women, I can’t believe this has work so many times, even do I simply talk about it, women really seem interested in tantra when I mention it. This girl hasn’t had sex in many months, she is not slutty so probably I’ll have to talk to her a bit more, maybe even a relationship to have sex. Also who knows how she wakes up today, maybe she changed her mind during sleep, girls change their minds a lot and easily. Also I’m not a big fan of traveling, so long term is not a possibility, but we are kind of like friends and sure sex will help her to relieve some of the post-surgery pain and also calm the need to have sex. So I’m a bit open to it if she wants to do it, I also like her energy and personality, lets see how this continues. Right now, I’m going to try talking a bit with her something not sex related and if she feels like talking about sex again or wants to do it, I’m ready for the battle, always aware ,opportunities happen when you least expected so always be ready.

2. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

It's a day of very bad urges for me. Probably due to phone call yesterday, I guess in the past I would have relapsed already,but I remembered that my last 120 days streak ended up about this time as well as @crazyhorse11 post saying that Lord doesn't test us beyond our ability to pass....I've come to it at last the great battle of my time...Osgiliath still stands but bloody shrieks of the Nazgul dragon makes me feel the wound of the Morgul blade.

Ready_to_Stop, Chi405, Talz and 10 others like this.
  3. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Exactly bro, that´s the thing i wanted to say to you yesterday, but didn´t have the clarity to :D ;)

4. RiseToGreatness

Very! Fishing is a predecessor of peaking, which is a predecessor of a relapse. If you become good at detect fishing, then you´ll prevent the peaking process from starting ;)

Ready_to_Stop, Chi405, Talz and 8 others like this.
  5. RiseToGreatness

Very well said brother!!! :)

Ready_to_Stop, Chi405, Talz and 7 others like this.
  6. RiseToGreatness

:D :D :D :D

You´re doing great brother, keep going!!! :)

7. RiseToGreatness

sorry to hear bro :(. i really felt that you could slip after the edging moment. and that´s what happened.

first of all, remember the good habits, keep them in place daily. second, keep the reboot work always running (daily personal motivation, daily challenge your excuses to pmo, stay accountable, read rebooting material, follow a triggers prevention plan, etc).

and of course, you need to have a strategy to deal with strong urges. in my tips (on the signature), i give a simple method to deal with strong urges.

improve from there brother, learning to deal with urges is mandatory in the reboot process.

other than that, keep going :). your attitude is on the spot :emoji_muscle:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    Ready_to_Stop, Chi405, Talz and 9 others like this.
  8. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

9. RiseToGreatness

yes, that was a fishing out of boredom, it seems. you got to make your day worth while brother, even in quarantine. if you don´t make your day good and happy, then the addiction will make it for you. that fishing was the first hostile attempt. don´t let it make the second.

10. RiseToGreatness

You can pass this test brother. I know it :). Use your knowledge and focus. You can do it!!!

11. Krishna Das

Krishna Das Fapstronaut

That's very true brother
    I have also found from my experience that If I could avoid peeking than I can easily avoid a relapse.
    We often misunderstand fishing and peeking as not so harmful and not a big problem. But they are the starting points if we can detect them then dealing with them is easier than it becomes when you go on following it to the relapse.

12. RiseToGreatness

Checking in mighty brothers and sisters!!! :)

After a shitty day yesterday, today i feel a lot better. The strong workout yesterday and the cold shower did miracles, and i feel good almost immediatly. Today i woke up and gone to the woods and give a walk bare footed!! like Wim Hof recommends ;). this is a tecnique called "grounding" or "soiling", great to relieve stress, connect with nature and our inner self.

It was great!! :) I recommend it to everyone. Just watch your feet to not hurt them with rocks or branches :D

on the addiction department, i feel small urges but nothing serious ;).

Here´s some words of wisdom from our dearest @Redemptionisrequired .

Have a great day Fellowship!!! ;) One day at a time we will win this, smash Sauron and destroy the Ring!!!

"it's also important not to become complacent, you must always remind yourself why you're doing this and the cost of engaging in fantasy or pmo. The neuropathways of addiction do remain, dormant and weakened, but they remain. It's important to remind yourself every now and then why you are doing this, or else you will fallback into old patterns when facing an urge. Adopting a 0 tolerance approach will free you from the habit."

Ready_to_Stop, Chi405, Talz and 10 others like this.
  13. Krishna Das

Krishna Das Fapstronaut

Checking in
    Today was a great day.
    Spent time with my family.
    And no urges at all as I was out to my relatives.
    I enjoyed it a lot today

14. Are-we-there-yet?

Are-we-there-yet? Fapstronaut

Well. For myself, that practice has lead me down to relapsing again in the past. Which is my main reason for not wanting to do it. I've told myself the same thing "let's just see... see if it still works" but I found that I was really just lying to myself.

Be careful with what you see and tell yourself is what I'd say.

15. Jeen149

Jeen149 Fapstronaut

Day 52
    Feeling little bit sad. Idk why but when I take break from my workout I feel sad I think still there is hormonal imbalance in my mind. But I know it is for short time so I have to control on it. So now after very sadness feeling I am feeling better.

16. Ironguy5

Ironguy5 Fapstronaut

Day 22
    Outside the Prancing Pony!

“Who knows? Have patience. Go where you must go, and hope!”

17. Are-we-there-yet?

I had no idea you had tips and strategies at the bottom of your signature! Somehow I completely missed this! I am really sorry about it too. I wished I had read it sooner, there was so much you said that would have saved me time and heartache I think. I read all of your first two posts and I'll be referring to them regularly.

Thank you for your time and insightfulness. I believe I agree with every word you wrote and I think it all rang genuine and true.

@Krishna Das I'd check out @RiseToGreatness signature too for some good advice, knowledge, and warning lol.

18. Are-we-there-yet?

I'm on day 7!!!

It's about to be a week!!! I'm super stoked. At this point, I feel I'd rather castrate myself than PMO today. I want that damn fountain pen haha.

Yesterday we had family over, so it wasn't too bad I was busy hanging out with them, but I didn't get the work done that I wanted. Which is a bummer. Hopefully today, but idk my sister is coming to visit too. We shall see.

Urges lurk at every corner and I've been distracting myself with work and hanging out with family. Gotta stay strong.

19. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

Today is day 19, I feel great.
    Currently on chapter VII - In the house of Tom Bombadil. Will try to make it to Bree by tomorrow ;)

20. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

I relapsed again today. I don't what to do ,but I am not giving up. I feel like its all over for me.