I only feel good emotions if I hype myself up with coffee

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Why is it so? I mostly feel extremely bored and unrest.

Except the feeling of eternal boredom, i mostly only feel negative emotions if at all like being pissed.

But this eternal boredom feeling is annoying, I simply can't find any joy in my life

I only feel joy and motivated if I drink a strong cup of coffee but that only lasts for a short time

2. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

As a caffeine junkie I can tell you that is because when you are caffeinated your brain will release dopamine, and, most importantly have an impaired capacity to handle serotonine properly, overusing it.

That inevitably leads to depletion of both and withdrawal on the short term, and to neurochemical changes on the long term making you not reach enough levels to experience the same mental wellbeing whenever you are not caffeinated.

3. jn812

jn812 Fapstronaut

As much as I hate Reddit these days, I have found stories here helpful: https://www.reddit.com/r/decaf/

I quit all caffeine about 6 weeks ago, after recognizing that it's not helpful to me and probably harming me. It was extremely painful at first (physical withdrawal for 3-4 days) and even now I have often felt a "dullness" from withdrawal.

Ultimately coffee is chemically messing with your neurology, it's a psychoactive drug, and not a weak one. For this reason I think it's worth getting off of, even if I might not have the "joy/motivation" highs of coffee anymore, or have those less frequently.

Natural balance, evenness, lower anxiety, and clarity will emerge, eventually.

Ravi03 likes this.
  4. I've once avoided ALL caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate) for 6 months and I was still feeling terrible all the time, very tired and completely unmotivated. I had to switch back to caffeine in order to be somehow motivated to study and continue my life

5. Blessedby TheMostHigh

Blessedby TheMostHigh Fapstronaut

That’s your regular state of being... coffee is a stimulant that gives you a high for a little while to mask your underlying problems. Do you think that’s good for your health? I can assure you it’s not. There are healthier ways to manage those issues you have.

6. Like for example?

7. Blessedby TheMostHigh

Blessedby TheMostHigh Fapstronaut

#1 no pmo semen retention- most important.
    #2 healthy diet, herbs/supplements
    #3 better sleep
    #4 exercise, walking, fresh air in nature, sunshine

Make no mistake coffee is a drug and it has many negative effects. Chronic dehydration for one, destroy your teeth. It causes your body to go in “fight or flight” even though there is no threat. Over time this will deteriorate your health and adrenal glands, which will make you more and more tired/sluggish.

jn812 and SickSicko like this.
  8. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

Reminds me back a few years ago where I only knew what I didn't want but whenever I thought about what I did want I drew a blank.

Make a rule for yourself from now on that says "no negativity allowed", you don't have to be positive, but you're not allowed to be negative at all, just be realistic but don't use that as an excuse to be negative, alot of negative people will tell you they're just being real which isn't true most of the time, you'll know the difference by whether you're being emotional or not.

Try it for 3 days and if you like it after friday is up then keep going.

9. I don't quite understand what you want me to do

10. I only have better sleep if I take ibuprofen before going to sleep. Weird, isn't it? Herbs for better sleep don't do that much, they rather just make me sleepy only but don't improve the quality of sleep

11. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

Don't think any negative thoughts for the next 3 days.

12. As I said, all herbal and melatonin supplements only make me fall asleep easier but don't improve my sleep quality

13. I kind of get what you're saying but how can I turn a negative thought into a positive or neutral one? Let's say my parents are arguing, what should I do?

14. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

Learn to remove your emotions from a situation and analyze what's happening logically.