1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Oh my god, I hope you're fine now!
    In a way the flooding crisis is a lame excuse for pmo, true. Because pmo isn't a good reaction to anything that happens in life. But it's also true that you were under a lot of stress and sleep deprivation. It was not your fault. One hour of p without MO doesn't sound too bad. So reset your counter and go again.

2. I was thinking the same, but I didn't say it, because I'm risking it myself all the time. Good advice!

3. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship :)

Feeling good although consumed by work. In fact, i have little time in this check-in, so i wish you all a good day.

Be well and stay focus!! :)

i don´t have here the next working sheet (it´s on my house laptop), but i will post something different. here´s a nice video from donta young talking about the power of a good heart and good actions ;)

4. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

5. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Test
    I woke up at 1am, basically studied all day. This is probably the most stressful and challenging moment of my life. I like it because the harder it gets the more strenght I find within.

6. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

93 days.

I had my first wet dream during this streak this night. I know it doesn't count as a relapse/reset for most people, but it feels as if I somehow have been spiritually defeated. I tried to resist it but apparently I'm not strong enough and it's clear that sexual lust still has a very strong hold on me. It occurred around 2.30 am and I couldn't go back to sleep, so today I have felt tired and depleted of energy. Combined with a slight chaser effect, things are not easy right now.

7. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Sorry this happened to you bro. :( It has a body weakening effect so try not to go hard on yourself for the next 2-3 days and restore your good sleep. You'll be back in shape in no time at all.

8. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

meditation, prayer, cold showerx2 and gym workout.
    Yeah bro ,these temptations come when we are asleep and it takes time to become aware what you are doing in your sleep until sometimes it's too late. Do you still remember how it happened? Can you think of something that would help you to avoid it happening in the future?

9. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

0 days.

I completely lost it, back to Nazgûl. It was not worth it and I am sorry for letting you down, Fellowship. :( I hope this slip will not affect anyones moral, I shall attempt to learn some things from my streak and rise again.

10. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

All I remember is seeing things in my dream, and I should have said "stop" earlier but a part of me wanted the dream to continue. I have managed to stop sexual things in my dreams before during this streak.

Here are my hypotheses of two "direct" causes of the wet dream:

(1) I watched a Youtube video with a quite attractive woman shortly before going to sleep. It was a video about coding, but I noticed how I found the girl that was teaching in it attractive. Should not have done that. In fact, I should probably be more careful about electronics before sleep overall.

(2) I started to think about and feel fear that I would have a wet dream right before sleep. I know this sounds weird, but I think that when we fear something and get tense up about that thing, we are increasing the risk of making it happen. I was thinking about wet dreams right before going to sleep, and somehow that thought got planted in my subconscious mind and flew back at me like a boomerang. I never fear about what I will dream but this time I did and look at what happened.

Here are my hypotheses of "indirect" causes:

Lack of physical exercise the last month.
    Lack of sleep.
    Very much focus on work and studies with related stress but no focus on stress relieving activities like meditation or similar.
    Bad diet.

I think that in order to accomplish continence and have control over my desires, my life has to be more "on point" with good habits.

11. AlternativeFalcon01

AlternativeFalcon01 Fapstronaut

Day2
    I can't believe it's happened. I moved out from my parents apartment. I'm starting a phase of my life that is more independent than ever. I want to build out some new habits with it, as workout, practicing music and healthy eating

12. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Thanks, man! That's a great piece of advice, I'll certainly adopt it. Indeed, those days I was thinking how I get overwhelmed by these counting and how it makes me anxious, but I didn't thought of not considering it. I'll go for your tip. One day at a time!

13. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

14. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 4. My arm still hurts cus the vaccine hehe but the good thing is zero urges . I hope may feel better tomorrow

15. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

16. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

17. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 13 - The Dark Fortress, Barad-dûr.

rotten_tomato, HE^MAN, MS PBH and 9 others like this.
  18. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

425 days high king
    492 days no PMO, semen retention

19. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut