1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Found a great filter

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Johnny222, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Johnny222

Johnny222 Fapstronaut

After many searches for iPhone filters, I found an app called iCab Mobile Web Browser. It costs $1.99 and it has a great filter and you're able to set certain image blockers as well under its settings. I hope I'm successful with it and I recommend it to anyone else who wants to get something for Internet on their iPhone.

Just Pray likes this.
  2. Does it replace safari or is safari still accessible like in other filters?

3. Johnny222

Johnny222 Fapstronaut

I replaced safari. It didn't block anything for safari. However it is still a really good web browser though

4. Philip1_6

Philip1_6 Fapstronaut

I purchased iCab this morning and am very pleased with the results so far. Thanks for the post!

Johnny222 likes this.
  5. Johnny222

Johnny222 Fapstronaut

You're welcome! It's really helped me out

6. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

Just my two cents...

This is what works well for me:
    I use iPhone's inbuilt restrictions. I got my mum to put the password in for me and I turned off Installing Apps, iBooks, podcasts and the newsstand thing. If you go further down the restrictions page you can decide what sort of websites to allow. You can configure it to allow 'selected websites only' and then you enter websites you need. I literally only need access to about 15 websites on my iPhone (such as NoFap) so this works well for me. As long as I don't ask my mum for the password (and I've never stooped that low) I can't access any kind of inappropriate material.

I don't know if this helps but I hope it does.

Johnny222 likes this.
  7. Johnny222

Johnny222 Fapstronaut

I had no idea about this. Sounds good, I'll have to look into it!

Just Pray likes this.