1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE STAR TREK CHALLENGE!

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by AtomicTango, Jul 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Oof, some strong urges on day 8. Gonna log off soon before I get tempted to relapse. If I'm not using my laptop and suitably distract myself, hopefully the urges will fade sooner rather than later.

Revanthegrey and Krishna Das like this.
  2. Intonator

Intonator Fapstronaut

3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

4. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

5. KellticJK

KellticJK Fapstronaut

Relapsed, back to Borg :(

Hadrian3 and AtomicTango like this.
  6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

That sucks, but keep trying.

Revanthegrey and KellticJK like this.
  7. a nerd

a nerd Fapstronaut

2 weeks finally complete , with not a single intentional or unintentional peek . lesgooooooooooooooooooooooo . gonna bcom an ensign tomorrow .

8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Way to go! Keep it up!

Revanthegrey likes this.
  9. Intonator

Intonator Fapstronaut

10. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

day 23
    Little urges and stress but all the systems are good
    [​IMG]

AtomicTango and Intonator like this.
  11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Reset on day 8 going into day 9. Had a bad day and fell into old habits.

Hoping someone can help me with this one. I can control simple urges 9/10 times, but I falter most of all when I am in a low mood or am stressed. I feel in the moment like I want to relapse, realise what I'm doing midway through, but then by that point it is too late and I just keep going. Has anyone figured out a way to avoid this? Beyond just "avoid the thing that puts you in a bad mood" because at the moment that isnt possible.

12. KellticJK

KellticJK Fapstronaut

13. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

14. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Say it to the problem that stress you f*** off!
    [​IMG]
    , i will not fall, just for you, i started this path no matter what appears on my way!
    That is the strategie i use

KellticJK and AtomicTango like this.
  15. Intonator

Intonator Fapstronaut

Hi Sisko. I'm no expert on this, but things I've found helpful the last few weeks are:

- checking HALT (Hungry Angry Lonely Tired) points, and adjusting as necessary, e.g. eating if hungry, connecting socially with someone if lonely. I find that if I can get these points down to 2 or less, my urges are pretty manageable.
    - doing something else that distracts/absorbs me, e.g. playing a game, watching a film/series. This mimics P in a way I suppose - something to 'lose myself' in for a while as a distraction from the stress I'm feeling.
    - getting out of the house, going for a walk and listening to music or a podcast. Again, distraction. And not being in the house means I simply can't P.
    - writing on here: talking about how I'm feeling, almost talking it out with myself in writing - this seems to help me with 1. viewing both the stress and the urge more objectively, and 2. giving the urge time to pass. This has helped me a lot when I've been on the edge.

Hope something here helps.

16. Intonator

Intonator Fapstronaut

Day 19 complete.

Revanthegrey and AtomicTango like this.
  17. a nerd

a nerd Fapstronaut

i had suggest start reading some self help books those are nice and if posible use the qustodio app and the stayfousd extension ,I currently use it .
    Parental control and digital wellbeing software | Qustodio
    StayFocusd - Chrome Web Store
    Also if possible make yourself a quote , like my quote is " I shall never do anything irrational and if I do then I won't blame anyone else , for all of it were caused due to my actions only ." i had suggest finding your own instead of taking someone's else
    Best of luck .

18. KellticJK

KellticJK Fapstronaut

19. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Haha, I'll definitely have to try being more aggressive in my approach. Thanks.

Thanks. Number 2 and 4 especially are things I know work for me. I just sometimes dont do them when urges hit. Relapse becomes a foregone conclusion in my brain before I've even done anything, and by the time I do something, I dont want to, but I still do.

Thanks. I actually have private browsing disabled on a system level for Chrome but I cant seem to get it to work for Edge, (a browser I cannot get rid of without risking the stability of the laptop.) It worked for a bit and now I cant seem to get it to work again.

Revanthegrey likes this.
  20. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

day 25
    A great urge appears on the middle of the night , holy !
    [​IMG]

AtomicTango likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.