1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I feel like culture is in decline and it makes me sad.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lizards Mousqette, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Nonsense, Medieval times were the GOAT prove me wrong.

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'm partial to the American west myself. Anything earlier than the 20th century is acceptable.

vikingsarehere and FirefromAbove like this.
  3. Lizards Mousqette

Lizards Mousqette Fapstronaut

People make a big deal because back in the day they’d scald heretics to death with hot oil, but these were the times of the deepest and most beautiful works of art, monks and priests were the “celebrities” of their time. Now we have dog people and Bill Nye’s vagina song and everybody be like: “Yeah but at least you can bee :emoji_bee: yourself :)

4. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

People in the middle ages had a deeper understanding of their own psyche, spirituality, and condition than any human today.

5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

We might be moving into a dystopian hellscape where all culture has been erased and replaced with vapid soul-destroying consumerism and materialism, where God has been usurped by "scientific" dogma enforced by a globalist monoparty, where you need to be tagged like a dog to buy milk from cows pumped full of steroids, but at least you can enjoy the latest Star Wars sequel, so it's not all bad.

6. Sidebar: Nominee for Best Thread Evarr?

vikingsarehere likes this.
  7. Lizards Mousqette

Lizards Mousqette Fapstronaut

Everybody knows the war is over
    And everybody knows the good guys lost

-Leonard Cohen

8. If everybody had the choice between becoming a stem-cell biologist and living a comfortable life, or weeding vegetables etc. on a farm every day for a pittance, which would you choose?

9. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I would choose the second if the rest of the world is back to the medieval times lifestyle too no hesitation whatsoever, if the rest of the world is going to carry on being fucked up as it is, sign me for the stem-cell thing.

10. But imagined as an actual choice, with the knowledge you have today, which do you choose?

11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I unironically wish I could live in a small village somewhere that is almost totally isolated from the world. Somewhere where the air and water is clean, we eat wholesome, home-grown, home-cooked food, where there is a real sense of community and belonging. Modern society is deliberately going down a route that is more dehumanising by the day and I'm tired of pretending I'm not honestly sick of it.

The fact I would have to choose the former simply to exist comfortably in our modern hellscape disgusts me but it is what it is. If it were possible to still live well with the latter I would choose the latter.

12. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Can I eat the veggies and cattle instead of getting a pittance for them? because that's pretty much how I want to retire some day, in a piece of land away from everybody, and being like an hermitage doctor kind of thing, going down to the nearest village from time to time to get whatever my land cannot provide with the actually pittance I would be asking for my services, not even pittance, donations, people unless they are cunts tend to be grateful when you help/heal them from their ailments.

I forgot to say before that I would be a bloody multi millionaire so people don't bother me, modern people I mean.

13. You can do the latter and make money with a side-hustle. I did it and it changed my life. I only stopped doing it because I didn't understand the difference between that and being part of the system, and ended up getting sucked into the latter, which is the opposite of most people's situation, I think.

14. You should give it a go. It's a good way to realize the reasons behind the seduction of convenience. Butchering your own animals is hard work, and I'd be very surprized if you did it more than a couple of times before taking your flash automobile to the local butcher. Or mega-market, more likely.

15. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I have, but for now I'm on a different road, still, I mean it.

16. Cool!

17. MindfulWarrior

MindfulWarrior Fapstronaut

@Chris_Cactusblossom What's that with the rise of extreme endurance sport? Didn't catch the drift.

18. I thought that was a bit obscure. It's a reaction against modern comfort, meaning that a certain amount of hardship seems to be anticipated by/necessary to the human organism.

MindfulWarrior likes this.
  19. Am I the only one totally lost on the point of this thread? We went from some cheezy dog movie to the good old "dark ages".

Help me out here, people.

20. yeah I have 0 idea what tf they're talking about

Billybrasco likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.