1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I feel like culture is in decline and it makes me sad.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lizards Mousqette, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

We're talking about societal decay.

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  2. I think the jist of it is that when people get too comfortable they become depressed and need a more challenging environment.

3. Funny enough, I was butchering some animals yesterday for the first time in years. I used to do it alot when I was a kid after hunting. My skills aren't as good as then and I feel my attention span isn't as good either. Probably dulled from, as you say, convenience. But I felt good afterwards and feel it is a worthwhile pursuit to reconnect with nature as opposed to shopping for food all the time.

4. PegasusKid

PegasusKid Fapstronaut

I got nothing to say about culture or the decay of societal values and quality of life other than I agree things are in decline but I can't control what goes on in the world so I don't let it get to me, and who am I to say what's decline anyways. But the video is hilarious, I love the silliness of the process of cgi scenes. Kudos to harrison ford and the entire set for somehow not bursting out laughing at every scene. I picked up the book recently so I gotta give it a proper read soon.

CarP likes this.
  5. vikingsarehere

vikingsarehere Fapstronaut

Saying what you said in that manner is an indication of not realizing where we are heading. When you need a government permit to just walk out of the house, forever! You might rethink which option is worst. And BTW social mobility is starting to be eliminated, we are all living under communism, it just needs some time to be complete.

And if you have had any experience in our Rockefeller medical system you would have realized the medical apparatus we have now is not so much better than none at all. People were much healthier.

6. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Ok Chicken Little.

I'm not stupid. I see the same problems you do, I see power structures re-calcified, I see the corrupt medical system. But about that. Right now the problem is about access to care. In the medieval period it was about not understanding enough about the human body, and blaming all sicknesses on humors and demons. By virtually any objective measure, life is better now than it was even 50 years ago, let alone 500. I'd much rather deal with modern problems than ancient ones.

7. The title is talking about that. The rest I don't get. What does the movie in the OP have to do with societal decay? Genuinely asking lol

8. vikingsarehere

vikingsarehere Fapstronaut

I see your point, actually to me the biggest part about modern medicine is NOT understanding the the human body. Our modern medicine is clever in many ways but very backward in others.

There is of course no arguing about emergency procedures and some basics like antibiotics. But ... and this is the important part, there is no holistic understanding of the human body, at least not in the official establishment, a lot of modern medicine is a form of quackery and witch hunt. A sophistacted witch hunt which blames parasites, microbes and out of order cells but a witch hunt nonetheless!

Nutrition, the environment and psychology play a much much bigger role than most doctors would ever admit. We live in a world that makes you sick, then makes you pay for procedures that only suppress your body's way of trying to detoxify or at best, delaying your life span without regard of life quality, just extending life for the sake of extending it even if it meant suffering.

The biggest proof of how mad most current doctors are, is the sheer number of them advocating: reducing your oxygen intake, suggesting you constantly inhale bad air, injecting your body with unknown most likely poisonous materials and de socializing to the extent it will cause physical harm especially for children. All for nothing of any serious concern (I think you know what I am talking about here)

I had the fortune of meeting up with older people at my childhood, who lived in non-industrialized societies and I can assure you they were much happier than today's older folks and healthier! (and even healthier than the current younger ones if I may say), They would reach the age of 80 or 90 with good health and a sharp mind, lived a life full of the small joys we now find very hard if not impossible to get, I see people now start cracking at 40! I even see children whose life force seems to be zapped out of them.

But the myth and lie of progress for the better must continue so that it can mask out the real progress of slavery to the tribe.

9. Lizards Mousqette

Lizards Mousqette Fapstronaut

We have gone from an era of kings to Barnacle Boy from the Star Wars movies talking to a man hobbling on all fours.

10. That right there.
    when the oceans die from pollution I wonder if you’ll rather be dealing with modern problems. :emoji_joy: You are speaking from pure ignorance and it’s sad to see. There are so many problems going on behind the scenes that you don’t even have a clue about. It’s a ticking time bomb.

11. Rockefeller took over the medical industry long ago and destroyed all natural remedies involving herbs, nutrition etc. Monopolized the medical industry in favour of pharmakeia (Greek: φαρμακεία) "a medicine", which itself derives from pharmakon (φάρμακον), meaning "drug, poison, spell" (which is etymologically related to pharmakos). Essentially black magic. Masking symptoms, blaming genetics for disease (with no evidence), and above all, poisoning us deliberately. It all starts as a tiny baby when they begin injecting you with “life saving vaccines” that actually set you up for chronic disease later in life, making you a life time big pharma customer. It’s upside down and backwards, exactly how satan operates. As you said, the only useful thing modern medicine has to offer is emergency medicine, and a few other things like MRI’s for diagnosing obvious problems. I haven’t been to a doctor in 6 years and don’t plan to ever again.

vikingsarehere likes this.
  12. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I suppose that entertainment is reaching the bottom of the barrel, when garbage like this exists. Maybe a bit overdramatic, but the point itself is solid.

Lizards Mousqette likes this.
  13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Some based and redpilled points of view tonight. Very nice.

[​IMG]

Lizards Mousqette likes this.
  14. Take the humorous effect out of the equation, and reflect on the fact that an adult male is considered successful for behaving like a dog. 100 years ago he would've been put in an asylum, but now nobody even thinks twice about how undignified it is - let alone the fact that the guy's considered a success. It goes hand-in-hand with the fall of traditional values and the rise of P.

On which topic, I saw a documentary on James Dean the other night, and they had him playing a recorder in an obviously suggestive way. That guy was borderline because he sold his soul to Hollywood. It's so clear to see after an extended break from the media and going some way towards recovery from PMO, lust, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2021
  15. It's interesting that, if you look at the ingredients list for scabies cream, it's got chrysanthemums in it. Some big outfit must've bought the recipe from a witch at some point. The moral of the story being, the next time you get scabies, roll around in some flowers and you'll be fine. :p

16. Of course it does. “Star anise seeds contain ingredients that might have activity against bacteria, yeast, and fungi. People try star anise for treating flu because it is a good source of shikimic acid, which is used in the manufacture of oseltamivir(Tamiflu), a flu treatment.” Another incidence. But do you know what they do? Add a bunch of bogus additives that are toxic, so that they can patent their drug. Nature knows best.

17. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

This whole if it comes from a lab is evil is nonsense and shows an absolute lack of understanding of how medicine has been developed.

It isn't perfect, I guarantee you that aswell, but all this, "natural" "natural" narrative, is to put it bluntly, idiotic.

Meshuga and The Passenger like this.
  18. No one said if it comes from a lab it’s evil. If I’m not mistaken vitamins are made in labs. Vitamin C is excellent for you. Big pharma drugs with toxic additives are not. Have you ever seen a commercial for a drug? The entire commercial is listing side effects of the drug. Usually something like “heart palpitations, suicidal thoughts, or death.”

I understand you’re trying to hold on to this idea that the medical industry is actually beneficial and not completely corrupt.. but it’s just reality. If you want to do something useful in medicine become a brain or heart surgeon.

19. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Elaborate on those toxic additives please, also isolated vitamins, and specially "vitamin C" is not a very good example of one of the benefitial side of the pharmacological industry.
    The medical industry is beneficial and not completely corrupt.

Good luck beign a heart or brain surgeon without anesthesia lmao.

The Passenger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.