1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Afterlife or Eternal Oblivion ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mr.Tony, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Which one do think will happen after we die ?
    Which one do you wish to happen after we die ?

I think Eternal Oblivion is the final outcome, but than again - if existed out of nothing and if i go to nothing - there is a possibility of me existing again! Because my existance came out of nothing.

I wish there will be a Judgement day and Rebirth - Some good people really suffered in this life - they must really have their rights in the afterlife.

The Rebirth might be a Good Idea - If we have better lives in the next ones.

2. Your existence comes from God. You have an eternal soul.. you’re merely occupying this vessel for the time being.

3. Why ? For what reason ?

4. vikingsarehere

vikingsarehere Fapstronaut

For the experience. (i.e to live and enjoy existing)
    Yes, some experiences are on the down side to say the least, but it comes with freewill and infinite possibilities. Reality is created collectively by the choices everyone makes. Enjoyment of life necessitates a degree of suffering.

To me at least it's a growth game. You keep leveling up with lessons to learn and choices to make. Make the bad ones, you go down a step, you keep going down until you have learned your lesson, good ones you go up. but to what end? Obviously it's an infinite loop where you start over. The analogy of a video game is not far off, but this does not mean those doing evil won't be punished, the evil you do will harm other souls which are all part of the one.

The other world exists, I do not know if you have experiences of things happening which should not be happening if only the laws of physics we know of exist (such as knowing things in dreams which you shouldn't know) but it does, this implies a soul and another world (You can read up Eben Alexander to get an idea, I don't think he was making an elaborate lie, there are many similar accounts.)

Thus you can imply a soul and that another "system" exists, if it does. And if you notice all around you how everything is in in a part of a cycle, how nothing really disappears, you must come to the conclusion your actions are also part of that system. Committing evil won't pass and just disappear, it's all part of a system. Same as doing good, it would the equivalent of burning a piece of wood and thinking it disappeared, it didn't it was just transformed, Any evil or good created will not disappear.

And if you think good and evil do not exist and that it's relative and all the "bolshevik tribe" nonsense and brainwashing, next time anyone cheats you, I want to hear from you how you think this is only natural, he was only looking after his own survival after all, you very well know inside you that good and evil exist and follow the golden rule (do to others as you would like them do to you)

It's very unfortunate though that there are groups of people who think they are the only humans around and are entitled to enslave others who have been created just to serve them, and that their evil actions are "necessary". Unfortunately though I cannot give too much information on this aspect.

Lizards Mousqette likes this.
  5. Eternal oblivion, literally as if you were falling into the dark-nowhere, presupposes having the physical senses to perceive it, but they stop to work when you die, so how it is possible? If christian have his own Fabula, also materialists have it with ''Eternal Oblivion''

6. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

What if I told you, I believe both could exist?

Vanquisher12 likes this.
  7. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

There doesn't seem to be a reliable way to know for sure, so I'll just assume my preferred answer to be true: that some part of us lives on once these biological machines break for good. Since I have other "supernatural" beliefs too, it isn't even that far fetched to believe. If I'm right, I'll be happy, if I'm wrong, there won't be me that could be sad. Seems like a win-win situation to me.

8. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Eternal oblivious afterlife

CarP likes this.
  9. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

According to the bible, in the afterlife those who are saved get the gift of eternal life, that means those who didn't get saved do not have eternal life, they will be thrown into the lake of fire and die a second death, the death of the soul, which will remove them from existance.

That's how I interpreted it, but I could be wrong.

10. idk what will happen but I'm hoping for the eternal oblivion
    life 2.0 seems like a stupid idea to be honest

11. determined99

determined99 Fapstronaut

I knew you are not a muslim. Are you a former muslim?

I like the afterlife idea. I hope it will happen.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  12. I'am, But I like viewing things from different perspective - I'm looking for a conviencing logical answer - And not an answer that will satisfy me because i was born into it.

13. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

Well, considering we live thanks to our brain and bodies in general, once the brain ceases to function or other important parts of the body do, we die and we should go into eternal oblivion. The afterlife looks far fetched and people should be realistic instead of believing in fairytales.

CarP and Mr.Tony like this.
  14. So Eternal Oblivion is the final true answer ?

- Why do we exist in the first place ?
    So Real Life stories -were really really ugly, not all stories were that good! Some were really bad, being born onpy to suffer and than go for Oblivion - This is the ultimate unfairness - Why exist in the first place ?

15. Like not all movies are worth watching...
    Not all lives are worth living honestly...
    Where / When you are born determines 90% of your success and having a good life!

16. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

It's true my friend, unfortunately some people suffer in this life and they die. It's very unfair but it is the fucked world we live in. I really wish the world would change, but the on the news you always listen to bad things, it's like the world doesn't want to change.. and it should not be like that at all.

What you need to do is living your life the best you can and then we will all die.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  17. You're right...My friend.

HelperX likes this.
  18. sounds like one hell of a dmt trip