1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quiting caffeine

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 17, 2021.

1. is it worh it i am now almost a week without it and i feel tired and slow. headaces and more, beter sleep but i wake up as a zombie. Really want to buy some sugar free energys right now.

BeastBoyBalling likes this.
  2. It depends on what you're using caffeine for.

If you're using it for energy and alertness throughout the day, then I'd look to avoid it, and try to adapt to a life without high caffeinated drinks.

Others do use it (coffee) for things like liver cleaning, and just to get things moving i.e. one cup in the morning, that's it.

Coak Hakola, Anselem and AuwL0ng like this.
  3. My advice- cut it down step by step, from several times a week to 1 every few days to 1 or 2 a week max

4. i do it only for the energy that i need to finish my 7 day work week...

Chuck Shurley likes this.
  5. huge toleration??

6. i was one week caffeine free and today i took 3 red bulls so i gues i will get huge drawbacks tommorrow

BeastBoyBalling likes this.
  7. 7 day work week sounds brutal.

If you want to withdraw from caffeine, then maybe cut down on the number of days in a Christmas tree formation, which is kinda what @matrix. was suggesting. Do it over a longer period of time so your body adjusts slowly.

It also depends on the number of caffeinated drinks you have per day, and a week in total. So if you have 3 drinks a day for 7 days in week 1, then maybe in week 2, have 3 drinks a day for 4 days, and 2 drinks a day for the remaining 3 days, and keep decreasing.

Anselem likes this.
  8. If you permit , I would use that as an accountability group. If not, will do my own thread. Peace.

Day 0

Anselem likes this.
  9. ok so now i took three coffee and now i am horny as hell and want to m and o so badly

10. Sammy00

Sammy00 New Fapstronaut

Now I am drinking decaf coffee. It’s coffee from coffee beans that have had at least 97% of their caffeine removed. I just want to reduce the negative effects of caffeine on my organism, especially on the heart.

Anselem likes this.
  11. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Damn 3? In what time frame?

Personally, I'm hypersensitive to caffeine so I avoid as much as I can. I'll only drink coffee if I can't wake myself up, other than that I avoid caffeinated drinks.

I just think about my heart and that usually stops any wish to ingest caffeine.

12. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I am the same. I don't drink it much these days, but I have been a heavy consumer of caffeine in the past. I might as well be drinking water. o_O I find it bizarre that others are so sensitive to it. These days, I have a coffee when I wake up. And I drink a can of original coke with my two meals a day and that's it. But I do not know why my heavy use had no effect. o_O

13. BrighterFuture

BrighterFuture Fapstronaut

welcome to the world of addiction where if you quit anything addictive for a week and you'll feel tired and slow with a big headache on top of it all, it's called withdrawal symptoms, we all have em, we all hate em

Anselem likes this.
  14. A Naija boy

A Naija boy Fapstronaut

Well, I can’t totally quit Caffeine. Its a tool for me and its only for that purpose.A tool.
    I workout out 5 times a week and also work five times a week. I only take caffeine on Leg days cos leg days are tasking and i just need that extra boost.

Anselem likes this.
  15. 3 in like 2 hours

16. alxwarrior18

alxwarrior18 Fapstronaut

I have been trying to quit caffeine here and there, but I somehow always end up going back to the same habit. My main drink is soda, although I sometimes enjoy a cup of coffee, too. I drink about three cans of soda a day, which is 100 mg of caffeine a day (not much compared to drinking lots of coffee, but still). I am wondering what ways I can quit for good, but I still haven't found a good strategy. I guess it helps me when I feel down, but in the long term its not doing me any good.

_Per_Aspera_Ad_Astra_ likes this.
  17. In my experience it is sooooooooooooo worth it. Yes, the initial few weeks sucked. It's the dopamine crash we're all familiar with. But after that evened out, I feel so much better. Namely, about 90% of background anxiety I thought was "normal" went away.

It's been 3 years and I'll never go back.

18. I’m a week clean from caffeine and going to keep going. I believe it definitely doesn’t do any good for the natural anxiety I already have, possibly even worsen however many times.

Billybrasco likes this.
  19. Love it! How are you doing so far? Any withdrawal?

20. Yeah combined with all else I’m quitting lol, it’s a constant fight to not be angry

Lucia and Billybrasco like this.