1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I become romantic with my partner again?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Cold Chillin, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Cold Chillin

Cold Chillin Fapstronaut

I'm a PMO addict struggling with my addiction for ~20 years. Most of my relationships have never been significant. They never went well and usually ended quickly. Currently, I'm in my longest relationship that's been going on for 2 years. My partner knew about my PMO for a while and it didn't seem to affect the relationship too badly. That is not the case today. We have not been intimate for some time, and I'm feeling like I disgust her. It feels like things will definitely end if I can't get over my PMO addiction and become intimate with her again. We had booked a night at a hotel this weekend to enjoy a beer festival, and I had planned on trying to be intimate with her during our one night stay. But I ended up confessing to her that I relapsed several times within the past 2 weeks which sucked all romance out of the room. She's been slightly cold to me since and has looked down and upset. I don't know what to do at this point. I don't know how to reestablish trust and rekindle the flame. Has anyone been in a similar situation? What could I do to keep it from spiraling?

2. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

Quit relapsing and be honest. You will be surprised at how much your addiction has affected every aspect of your life if you can get clean. You earn trust by being a trustworthy person. Always. No other way.

Leftwhirled likes this.
  3. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Be a man and get your shit together. Is the only way she is going to trust you and maybe love you again enough to open up to you again mentally and physically.
    So.. the magic formula es to quit PMO and keep dating her, keep asking her out to fun dates and eventually she can fall for you. If not.. then at least you are going to heal your problem and is not going to be an issue with your next partner.