1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[3-CHALLENGE] THE THREE DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, May 17, 2018.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RamboErecto

RamboErecto Fapstronaut

2. The Newbie

The Newbie Fapstronaut

3. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

4. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

5. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Day 1/3

Had a few strong urges today but overall a pretty chill day.

Here's a wholesome video for anyone who needs it. I've just been watching this video basically on loop and it literally never gets old :)

6. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

This video is so funny :D, thanks for sharing xd. Orangutans are really our cousins xd.

7. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

8. Dragar

Dragar Fapstronaut

9. BloomWasTaken

Day 1/3

I wasn't feeling great this morning but after a really nice meditation session, showering and going out on my usual daily walk, I felt a little better. I'm still nervous about tomorrow but no where near as nervous as I was in the previous few days. Same as yesterday, I haven't really eaten much today due to anxiety about the therapy, plus urges. But after the session tomorrow it should hopefully be back to normal once I realise it's all perfectly fine.

PengenBahagia likes this.
  10. PengenBahagia

PengenBahagia Fapstronaut

Failed at day 11
    starting again 0/3

11. BloomWasTaken

Day 2/3

Today was a pretty nice day, I had my therapy session which went really well so now I'm looking forward to future sessions and seeing how much the therapy helps me on my journey. During my daily group meditation session, we learnt a new practice which was incredibly relaxing and cosy so I'm going to try using it next time I get an urge and seeing how it goes. If it doesn't work it's not the end of the world, I have many other distractions that I can use / try out.

I had a couple of urges today but nothing too crazy.

Also, here's an immensely cute video of Red Pandas :)

PengenBahagia and HelperX like this.
  12. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

3/3 - Challenge completed.

13. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

So cute :emoji_heart_eyes:

14. Jakethedog

Jakethedog Fapstronaut

15. Dragar

Dragar Fapstronaut

16. BloomWasTaken

Day 3/3 - Moving onto the 7 day challenge!

I had a few urges but I was able to basically ignore them and just acknowledge the urge and anxiety without judging it which was really really empowering. To me, this is very obviously the consistent meditation I've been doing everyday finally baring fruit. In fact, there were multiple things that happened today which normally would be huge triggers for me and give me a massive urge, but today they didn't do anything except for a little scare (because I naturally assumed it was going to get a massive urge because of it), I just casually ignored them. I'm realising that I'm making urges naturally stronger because I'm scared of them. I'm afraid of urges because they're obviously the things that cause me to relapse, but ironically, if I can manage to pay less attention to them and simply acknowledge the urge but not interact with it, it becomes far less powerful and disappears much quicker. Like today, I was getting urges but I just simply wasn't caring, I was simply noticing that I had an urge and continued with whatever I was doing at the time because I wasn't getting caught up in it, it never got powerful enough to reach the forefront of my mind. However, realistically, it won't be like this every single time I have an urge, I still need to be prepared for urges that do overwhelm me and arrive at the forefront of my mind. But, this was still a really nice feeling, being able to just keep doing what I was doing without the urges hindering me and without stressing out about the urge itself, thus giving the urge much more power.

Here's a video of two cats having an intellectual discussion

Wishing everyone good luck on getting past 3 days (and beyond)! You've got this! <3

PengenBahagia and HelperX like this.
  17. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

back to 0
    I have to
    • keep posting here
    • avoid triggers
    • avoid being alone at home
    • follow my emergency protocol when alone at home
    • keep working on my mental health